11 replies to this topic

#1 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:21 PM

I'll try to describe it, but be warned, it's going to be vague. I saw it once on sarna, but now I can't find it again.
It had something to do with creating an area effect that disables the effectiveness of ppc's? It was kind of like a force field...buuuut kind of not. Kind of like a field disruptor ?

I've no idea. I think I'm losing my mind.

If anyone has the slightest idea, that'd be fantastic.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 29 July 2013 - 06:23 PM.

#2 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:23 PM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 29 July 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:

I'll try to describe it, but be warned, it's going to be vague. I saw it once on sarna, but now I can't find it again.
It had something to do with creating an area effect that disables the effectiveness of ppc's? It was kind of like a force field...buuuut kind of not.

I've no idea. I think I'm losing my mind.

If anyone has the slightest idea, that'd be fantastic.

Sounds like Project Blue Screen to me. A field a Mech could generate that weakened the damage of PPCs only.

#3 Nauht

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:26 PM

Field inhibitors? Already somewhat game with the 90m range on PPCs

http://www.sarna.net...Field_Inhibitor

#4 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:29 PM

View PostNauht, on 29 July 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

Field inhibitors? Already somewhat game with the 90m range on PPCs

http://www.sarna.net...Field_Inhibitor

Yes, that. Thank you. I will take 704 of those please and put them all over my mech and increase power to 521%. Thank you.
Infact, I won't need armor if i'm just covered with field inhibitors, so lets just to that.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 29 July 2013 - 06:29 PM.

#5 Nauht

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:38 PM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 29 July 2013 - 06:29 PM, said:

Yes, that. Thank you. I will take 704 of those please and put them all over my mech and increase power to 521%. Thank you.
Infact, I won't need armor if i'm just covered with field inhibitors, so lets just to that.

Hehe. You mean sabotage the other guy's mech by installing them on their PPCs.

#6 OneEyed Jack

• 2,500 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:54 PM

Field Inhibitors are safety devices within the PPCs to keep them from suffering a catastrophic feedback and exploding. They wouldn't have much effect studding your mech.

You want a Blue Shield Particle Field Damper

In 3051, the Federated Commonwealth started development of the Blue Shield Particle Field Damper, a defensive system that would reduce damage from PPCs. The New Avalon Institute of Science produced its prototype in 3053. While the field damper did shield the equipped unit from PPC fire, it was also notoriously unreliable in ground units. After roughly a minute of operation, the dust and other miscellaneous debris it sucked in began to adversely affect the operation of the damper, eventually resulting in shutdown of the system. To delay this problem, MechWarriors are known to shut down the Blue Shield if there are no enemy units wielding PPCs, reactivating it if a PPC-equipped foe arrives.

#7 Team Leader

• 3,222 posts
  • LocationUrbanmech and Machine Gun Advocate

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:04 PM

View PostOneEyed Jack, on 29 July 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

Field Inhibitors are safety devices within the PPCs to keep them from suffering a catastrophic feedback and exploding. They wouldn't have much effect studding your mech.

Are you kidding me wow this game might as well just stop with the mech stuff and reveal itself as the cheap halo clone it is

#8 Alek Ituin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,525 posts
  • LocationMy Lolcust's cockpit

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:10 PM

View PostTeam Leader, on 29 July 2013 - 08:04 PM, said:

Are you kidding me wow this game might as well just stop with the mech stuff and reveal itself as the cheap halo clone it is

PFFFFFFTTTT, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Oh god... my lungs... You can't really be serious, but that's one really funny joke.

You are joking, right?

Right!?

Because Halo: Combat Evolved (first Halo title) was released in November 2001... Battletech was started in 1984 (IIRC). Your argument is false.

Edited by Alek Ituin, 29 July 2013 - 08:11 PM.

#9 One Medic Army

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:21 PM

View PostTeam Leader, on 29 July 2013 - 08:04 PM, said:

Battletech did it first.

#10 Lynx7725

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

View PostAlek Ituin, on 29 July 2013 - 08:10 PM, said:

PFFFFFFTTTT, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Because Halo: Combat Evolved (first Halo title) was released in November 2001... Battletech was started in 1984 (IIRC). Your argument is false.

That aside, I like the Master Chief and all, but I wonder what he'll look like after a say, Centurion accidentally run over him.

Yes, the Halo Spartan battle armour probably can act like Elemental suits, but in terms of weaponry there's only a few that can even threaten a Mech. Hey, that Spartan Laser's even coloured the right colour... for a SMALL Laser. xD

#11 Team Leader

• 3,222 posts
  • LocationUrbanmech and Machine Gun Advocate

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:26 PM

Yes, it was a joke. Dont worry.

#12 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:38 PM

View PostOneEyed Jack, on 29 July 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

YES!!! NO THAT'S IS!! SEND ME ALL OF THESE. My mech is just ganna be a big fuzzy ball of these things.

But in all seriousness, these should really be in here. Screw the timeline, PGI already has, put these things in.
Module, 5 uses, upgrade to advanced for 10 uses for 15000gxp, hell, 25000gxp i don't care. Desperate times calls for desperate measures. I'm so sick and tired of seeing 6/8 mechs running PPC/Gauss. Wait wat, hunchbacks are even boating ppc's now? JENNERS??? (i'd say spiders, but that have been for a while now). i just.. i don't know any more. I'm so sick and tired of PGI being our only line of defense against these kinds of metas. GIVE US.THE DEFENSES OF OUR OWN. SO THAT. WE CAN CONTROL THE META. OUR SELVES.

PUT IN REFLECTIVE ARMOR TOO.

Please, and thank you.

If they sunk thought time into adding items that helped balance these sorts of things, they don't have to waste 4 months scratching their heads going "gee doc, is our solution really only ghost heat? There's nothing else we can do?"
"I'm sorry PGI, it's risky, i know... but... it's our only hope." NO. STOP THAT. BAD DOCTOR. *slaps clip board out of his hands and onto the laminate flooring* NO. NNNO!

And now it's story time!!!:

"So... AC/20... Max is.. Three?"
The Doctor shakes his head.
Looking uncomfortable, "Tw- uhm... eh, Two?" questions PGI, hesitantly.
A stern frown, followed by a quick snap of the head toward the ground comes from the Doctor.
Lips now quivering, and eyes tearing, PGI clears it's throat and slowly blurbs the word, "..... O-onneee????"
A smug, satisfied smile snakes it's way across the doctors face, followed by a slow reassuring nod.
PGI, with tears pattering down at the Ghost Heat Chart, slowly etches the number 1 into the cell beside the AC/20, and slides it's hand across to the Heat cell. PGI quickly looks up at Doctor. Doctor... standing there with a dark shadow looming behind him which slowly encompasses the entire room and PGI's vision. The Doctor's mouth snaps open-
"FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE HUNDREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED PERCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENTAAAAAAAA!!!!!!"
PGI bursts into tears and starts to wail and the sounds of sheer and utter horror seeping into it's ears, "MAKE IT STOP!! MAKE IT STOP!!! OKAY FINE!! FINE!! WE'LL PUT IN THE BLUE FIELD DAMPENERS, YES YES, AND REFLECTIVE AND REACTIVE ARMOR!! JUST MAKE IT STOP!! GO AWAY!!!"

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 29 July 2013 - 09:02 PM.

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users