Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:27 PM

Release the Kraken!

#22 Aegis Kleais

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:28 PM

You guys should just do what I did and get banned from the beta.

Honestly, it removes the concept of anticipation COMPLETELY. When you know you can't get in, then it frees you up to do things you would normally do like set landmines in your front yard to deter Girl Scouts or get into high speed car chase with the law and then, when in camera frame from the overhead news chopper while being followed by 20 units, hold a donut outside the card window as if to say "come and get it boys!"

#23 Kenaris

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:29 PM

View PostDirzafay, on 11 June 2012 - 03:01 PM, said:

I would like to ask in a very nice and begging manner. Could the Devs please release some keys today, and perhaps if they are so kind as to release these keys, they would be ever so kind as to give one of these keys to myself.

Umm from your own Quote you DID Ask for a Key and Beg for one all in the same post.. Also feel free to check my Posts and show me where i have ever asked for a key..

I have been here since March.. others have been signed up even before that and they are still waiting Patiently to..

You Joined in May... but yet feel you are Entilted to a Key already.. just be patient like the rest of us.

Edited by Kenaris, 11 June 2012 - 03:34 PM.

#24 Deux

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 474 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:30 PM

Of course it's Paul's fault....Now if he would just tell us what goes on in area 24...all would be well

#25 Harabec Weathers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons, Mars

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:30 PM

Will someone make these threads stop. Posted Image

#26 Dirzafay

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:31 PM

I much prefer the method of keeping Jehovah's witnesses away from your house. There are actually two, but one is to graphic for younger viewers.

So you take and get your cop buddies to come over one day and draw a chalk outline of a body on your front porch, then scatter religious pamphlets around the outline, finish all this up with the yellow "caution crime scene" tape and voila no more knocking on the door!!!!

I begged and asked for keys for everyone, I suggested one of them go to myself, there is a difference :)

#27 Harabec Weathers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons, Mars

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:33 PM

View PostDirzafay, on 11 June 2012 - 03:31 PM, said:

I much prefer the method of keeping Jehovah's witnesses away from your house. There are actually two, but one is to graphic for younger viewers.

Best way is to keep a information pamphlet for a different religion near your door and offer to trade with them. They'll politely inform you they cannot accept it, at which point you regretfully, but politely decline to take theirs and wish them a good day. The key is to be very polite about it.

#28 Lt muffins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 378 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:38 PM

(It is not real but at least if will help curve your obsession, acquired through URL manipulation)
Posted Image

Edited by Lt muffins, 11 June 2012 - 03:40 PM.

#29 Dirzafay

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:39 PM

Oh nooos!

#30 SKlaive

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:40 PM

View PostTheal Swena, on 11 June 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

Release the Kraken!

Posted Image

#31 Dirzafay

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:41 PM

That is the scariest Kraken I have ever seen!!! :)

#32 Vengeance1

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:41 PM

View PostLt muffins, on 11 June 2012 - 03:38 PM, said:

(It is not real but at least if will help curve your obsession, acquired through URL manipulation)
Posted Image

Oh I hate you now....... may the fires of whatever hell you believe in, consume you for all time. That's just cruel. :) ;)

#33 Giverous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • LocationBrighton, UK

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:45 PM

View PostLt muffins, on 11 June 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

Posted Image

(just imagine it says beta, i cant Photoshop for nothing)

Posted Image
*edit* took a sec working out how to link pics :)

Edited by Giverous, 11 June 2012 - 03:47 PM.

#34 RedDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts
  • LocationKurpfalz, Germany

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:25 PM

Over the last few days, this forum reminds me of something, but I just can't put my finger on it... let's see... oh yeah, now I know!

Posted Image

#35 Freyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 413 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:42 PM

#36 Xantars

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 477 posts
  • LocationSome were in house Stiner Space

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:56 PM

if we were in beta we wouldnt be ranting so much

#37 Damien Matashy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:30 PM

View PostDirzafay, on 11 June 2012 - 03:01 PM, said:

For those of us that are waiting ever so impatiently, I would like to ask in a very nice and begging manner. Could the Devs please release some keys today, and perhaps if they are so kind as to release these keys, they would be ever so kind as to give one of these keys to myself. This way I am not moping around the house all day and pestering my kids to do something entertaining with me, I would much rather be cooped up in my room all night playing MWO!!!!!!!

I have this same problem with my two girls. as i have the forum up on my second monitor and they read it once in a while. they ask me "so when are you going to play that game dad?" I get this depressed look on my face and i ask them if they want to go outside with me and play with the dogs, they tilt there heads look at me funny and run away...so in the most respectful manner that i can ask release a key to me. So that i can quit scaring my kids. :)

#38 tynaiden

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:22 PM

While the studio and publisher behind this are trying to produce "AAA" graphics and game-play, they do not have the multitude of hundreds of staff as the massive "AAA" title companies. They are just as enthusiastic about this product as many of us are and are wanting to make sure it is done right. As such, it will take some time to get things proper and all without the backup afforded to the big superstar companies.

Especially considering they are working from a third party game engine, development can face even more delays. Their coders have to learn the engine, build what they want from it, find the limitations preventing what they desire, then design workarounds or code changes to underlying engine and debug those many times over. There is also a lot of assets they have to add such as the sounds, music, 'mech models, 'mech animations, general map terrain, tons of textures, and then tons of fluff to make things stand out and be more immersive. Can't forget all the hardware and networking to have it all playing together as desired.

In relation to some of the videos there is mention of placeholders being seen. From the way things are going it would seem they are in a late-game alpha of polishing details and tweeking code to iron out bugs and game-play. Let them carry on, it'll happen soon enough. There has also been little news on other features outside of matches and MechLab. Those could very well be what they are trying to finish development on. In any capacity; we know only what is released so grab those juicy bits up and savor them.

There has also been a few words about regional servers and services being looked into. Those require business deals and in this day and age we should all know paperwork and bureaucracy take time. As a company with a head on their shoulders, they cannot say something will happen that they do not have set in stone so let that work get done and have faith. Suggestions should always be welcomed but not presented at the end of a AutoCannon.

19 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users