No Pilate Lab For Sarah's Mech

19 replies to this topic

#1 Namicus

• PipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 81 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:03 PM

Anyone else having this issue? I go to pilot lab and there are only three Jenners to choose from to upgrade skills (Sarah's is not there). I have the founders jenner and the one with 6 laser slots. I was under the impression Sarah's Jenner would be my third variant so that I can elite my skills. Am I wrong?

#2 Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 358 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:11 PM

Sarah's Mech count as a JR7-D. Same variant as your founder mech...

#3 Namicus

• PipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 81 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:20 PM

View PostDemos, on 31 July 2013 - 02:11 PM, said:

Sarah's Mech count as a JR7-D. Same variant as your founder mech...

So shouldn't it's experience be added to the JR7-D pool? What's the point of the 10% xp buff if it doesn't give me any xp?

#4 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:25 PM

View PostNamicus, on 31 July 2013 - 02:20 PM, said:

So shouldn't it's experience be added to the JR7-D pool? What's the point of the 10% xp buff if it doesn't give me any xp?

It is added to the JR7-D XP.

If you want to Elite your Jenners, you'll have to Basic the -K. Sarah's Jenner doesn't change that.

#5 Zarlaren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationRoseburg

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:26 PM

I think it counts as a JR7-D so it will level that type up with a 10% xp buff meaning it will level that one 10% faster rate of speed. Or ether that or they will add it as a hero mech when it gets in your Mech Bay at Aug 23rd?

Edited by Zarla, 31 July 2013 - 02:27 PM.

#6 Felio

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:32 PM

The 10% buff will help with general XP, too.

#7 Namicus

• PipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 81 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:32 PM

View PostZarla, on 31 July 2013 - 02:26 PM, said:

I think it counts as a JR7-D so it will level that type up with a 10% xp buff meaning it will level that one 10% faster rate of speed. Or ether that or they will add it as a hero mech when it gets in your Mech Bay at Aug 23rd?

It's in my mechbay now. Was playing with it last night.

View PostDEMAX51, on 31 July 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

It is added to the JR7-D XP.

If you want to Elite your Jenners, you'll have to Basic the -K. Sarah's Jenner doesn't change that.

I played almost a dozen matches with it and none of the experience was added to the JR7-D xp, hence my confusion. I do however recieve the cbills from playing it.

#8 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:34 PM

View PostZarla, on 31 July 2013 - 02:26 PM, said:

A. It's already available to play - they released it early.
B. It is not a Hero 'Mech nor is it a standalone variant. It is, essentially, a Champion Jenner-D (though it is unique insomuch as it does come bundled with a Mechbay, and cannot be sold for C-bills or MC).
C. Like the other Champion 'Mechs, you do get a 10% XP boost when you use Sarah's 'Mech, and it is added to your JR7-D XP pool.

View PostNamicus, on 31 July 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

It's in my mechbay now. Was playing with it last night.

I played almost a dozen matches with it and none of the experience was added to the JR7-D xp, hence my confusion. I do however recieve the cbills from playing it.

If you're not receiving any XP when you use it, contact support. That must be a bug (it's been working fine for me so far).

#9 Dirk Le Daring

• 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

This question should be added to the FAQ for the mech.

#10 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:42 PM

View PostDirk Le Daring, on 31 July 2013 - 04:22 PM, said:

This question should be added to the FAQ for the mech.

Seconded.

#11 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:23 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilates

Or were you hoping for a Pontius Sarah?

#12 Dirk Le Daring

• 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:59 PM

View PostDestined, on 31 July 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

http://mwomercs.com/...sked-questions/

It was addressed, sorta.

I have clarified the text to state that:

Cheers

Champion !! Thank you <S>

#13 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:08 AM

I predict that people will at some point cry over not getting a Champion Jenner (because they missed this sale).

#14 Ph30nix

• 2,444 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:16 AM

View PostSephlock, on 01 August 2013 - 01:08 AM, said:

I predict that people will at some point cry over not getting a Champion Jenner (because they missed this sale).

for a cause like this, i would think PGI might try and find a way to make it a permanent purchasable item.

#15 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:41 AM

Biggest problem with Sarah's mech is that it is the same as the Founders Jenner which I already own. They really should have made it like a hero mech that acted as a stand alone variant. Maybe made it so it couldn't mount JJs or something like that to make it unique. Either way if you already have the Founder Jenner it is kind of a useless aquisition gamewise. (I understand it goes to a good cause which is why I said gamewise).

#16 Doctor Proctor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 343 posts
  • LocationSouth Suburbs of Chicago, IL, USA

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:47 AM

View PostViktor Drake, on 01 August 2013 - 06:41 AM, said:

Biggest problem with Sarah's mech is that it is the same as the Founders Jenner which I already own. They really should have made it like a hero mech that acted as a stand alone variant. Maybe made it so it couldn't mount JJs or something like that to make it unique. Either way if you already have the Founder Jenner it is kind of a useless aquisition gamewise. (I understand it goes to a good cause which is why I said gamewise).

Remember though that not everyone playing this game is a founder. For me, the only Jenner variant that I had was the K (actually, it was my first mech!). So picking up a Jenner D was actually kind of nice, since I only had like 200xp from a trial mech version of it a long time ago. In fact, I liked it so much that I ended up using some spare MC I had laying around to get the Jenner F© Champion mech and started working on eliting them!

Edit: Also, probably part of the reason that they made Sarah's Mech a Champion rather than a Hero is due to cost. Not to PGI, but to the person donating. $10 is a pretty easy donation to make for most people whereas something more like $30 would've probably turned a lot of people off and possibly negatively impacted the charity.

At the same time if you had a Hero mech for $10 then the game would be FLOODED with them and could cause some imbalances or QQing on the part of those that paid well over $30 in terms of MC cost for their Hero variants.

Putting it in as a Champion still rewards donators, keeps the donation price low to get more buy in to the charity and preserves balance in terms of utility and price for the Hero mechs. It's all around the best solution.

Edited by Doctor Proctor, 01 August 2013 - 06:51 AM.

#17 Kragg Relluf

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:50 PM

So I own all three jenner variants, except that my JR7-D is sarah's mech. They are all unlocked all the way through elite. Today, I went and unlocked the extra module slot (the master level) on the JR7-D, but I still only have two modules on Sarah's Mech. Is this a bug? I read the above thread and it seems like it should work... Thanks!

EDIT:
After about 15 minutes, the third module slot showed up. I've never seen it take so long, but it's there now.

Edited by Kragg Relluf, 08 August 2013 - 04:15 PM.

#18 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:00 PM

View PostDoctor Proctor, on 01 August 2013 - 06:47 AM, said:

Remember though that not everyone playing this game is a founder. For me, the only Jenner variant that I had was the K (actually, it was my first mech!). So picking up a Jenner D was actually kind of nice, since I only had like 200xp from a trial mech version of it a long time ago. In fact, I liked it so much that I ended up using some spare MC I had laying around to get the Jenner F© Champion mech and started working on eliting them!

Edit: Also, probably part of the reason that they made Sarah's Mech a Champion rather than a Hero is due to cost. Not to PGI, but to the person donating. $10 is a pretty easy donation to make for most people whereas something more like $30 would've probably turned a lot of people off and possibly negatively impacted the charity.

At the same time if you had a Hero mech for $10 then the game would be FLOODED with them and could cause some imbalances or QQing on the part of those that paid well over $30 in terms of MC cost for their Hero variants.

Putting it in as a Champion still rewards donators, keeps the donation price low to get more buy in to the charity and preserves balance in terms of utility and price for the Hero mechs. It's all around the best solution.

Oh I agree but my point was that if you were a founder and had a founder Jenner, there was no ingame incentive to purchase a Sarah's Mech as you would be just getting a worse Founders Jenner (bonus-wise in my opinon) with a unqiue paint job.

The problem being, that alot of people, like me, with a Founder's Jenner won't buy the Sarah's mech where I would have purchased it if it had been a K or F. I mean I see no purpose to having 2 of the same variants in my stable.

Don't get me wrong, I understand why the chose this variant since it was Sarah's favorite mech and all but those of us who are practical (and in my case unemployed for the past 8 months) just aren't going to pony up for something that doesn't have in game value as well as charity value.

#19 blacklp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • 249 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:10 AM

Can you picture how big a pilates machine for a Jenner would be?

#20 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:40 AM

View PostViktor Drake, on 08 August 2013 - 04:00 PM, said:

Don't get me wrong, I understand why the chose this variant since it was Sarah's favorite mech and all but those of us who are practical (and in my case unemployed for the past 8 months) just aren't going to pony up for something that doesn't have in game value as well as charity value.

I own the founder's Jenner and still bought Sarah's 'Mech, because it was for a good cause. It also allows me to have my -D set up with twin SRM 4's, so that I can use it to skirmish against heavies/assaults and the -S set up with streaks to use as a light hunter (though, I don't even use it that much - I hate Streaks to begin with, and I'm just plain better with the -F).

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users