70 replies to this topic

#61 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:52 AM

View Post1Sascha, on 03 August 2013 - 04:00 AM, said:

So let me get this straight: There's a free multiplayer-game out there that is being financed by voluntary purchases from community members and people are complaining about a sale on items being announced in that game? Huh?

I might be new around here, but so far, I haven't had the impression that anyone was forcing any players to buy Mechs with MCs. Why even complain about this? What's the downside of the devs doing a weekend sale?

So far (and as a n00b) I can only see upsides. It's a pretty quick way to fill out your stable if you're new to the game and to be able to run different chassis'/weight classes from the get-go.

Again: Nobody forced me to buy - I just did it 'cause I like CATs and because I see nothing wrong with supporting a game that lets me join and play *for free* and brings me hours upon hours of fun.

*shrug*

S.

Let me borrow your blinders and soap box for a moment cause your missing some key points: The issue isnt the sale, but the original prices of the C-bill mechs (thats mechs you can get just by playing the game enough and saving the fake money) and the lack of sale items the majority of the people are interested in: colors, camos and hero mechs.

The masses generally want sales for things they can ONLY get for real cash (MC), while trial by fire sales are oriented towards newer players they make up a vast minority of those that would spend cash on the game so these sorts of sales fund the game far less than MC-exclusive item sales. Last big Hero mech sale I remember (Dragons vs Knight?) A whole slew of the dragons and cataphract hero mechs poped up right off the bat.

Premium time sales are nice too, they help us get the most bang for our buck or....cbill for our hour as it where. (and from what I understand the bulk of their standard income comes from premium time purchases, not including burst income generated by sales or project phoenix esque packages.)

#62 Lycrin

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:15 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 02 August 2013 - 09:05 AM, said:

I'm glad you posted this.

Because it gives me an opportunity to say: if you're not going to contribute beyond "this isn't for me therefore I am going to show up to tell everyone how it isn't" please find another area of the forums to post on. If you don't like the sale, fine, but showing up to say 'Meh' is a waste of everyones time, including yours.

Heheh, you tell 'em Garth! Just so you know I do appreciate the promotions you guys have done and getting more involved with the community with this game. The people who complain, gripe, mope or show as much indifference as that guy are just spoiled jerks who will play the game regardless of how negative or indifferent they are to your efforts at PGI. And also in that regard just know that there are lots of players who play this game who think you guys are doing a hell of a job. It's just unfortunate that in today's gamming community the people with the most voice are the most spoiled and negative people simply cause they also have nothing more constructive to do in between game times. And like you said it just wastes everyone's time including the people doing the moping and complaining.

Edited by Lycrin, 03 August 2013 - 05:48 PM.

#63 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:32 AM

View PostMONEY SHOT, on 03 August 2013 - 04:21 AM, said:

why not the atlas too

because there are enough bad atlas pilots allready ?

#64 ragged edge

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:58 AM

View PostFrDrake, on 02 August 2013 - 09:03 AM, said:

That's ironic as it's the only one I can't stand.

That's not irony.

#65 Undecided

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:35 PM

View PostMONEY SHOT, on 03 August 2013 - 04:17 AM, said:

why isnt the atlas on sale too?

The Atlas is a special "champion" mech which can only be purchased with MC. The champion mechs of the month are never included in the trial by fire sales.

#66 tulip

• PipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 68 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:19 PM

I too would prefer colour sales, there are colours that haven't been done yet but waiting a couple of weeks isn't really a hardship.

Also, whenever you put patterns on offer you tend to do it for 2-3 different patterns for mechs in a weight class, if you tried putting a single camo pattern on sale across all mechs people might be inclined to buy it so all their mechs match. But perhaps that's something best saved for when UI 2.0 pops up so you can sell packages or rolling discounts for the more mechs you buy the pattern for in one go?

If you prefer feedback to whinging garth, personally a hero mech, premium time, gxp conversion or a colour are what the chaps i play with and myself tend to spend on. Love the new map by the way, would be lovely with a black/red/orange colour scheme *nudge nudge wink wink*

#67 Xoxim SC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 454 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

I'd like to see a C-Bill Mech sale at least once. Would also like to see some more sales on lights and mediums, the heavies and assaults are getting far too much love. And as opposed to just selecting 1 per weight class, do what you did for that "Awesome" sale, except pick a Mech that's actually worth purchasing like a Hunchback, Centurion, Jenner, the good stuff. And a sale on MC would be VERY cool too.

Edited by Todd Lightbringer, 03 August 2013 - 03:41 PM.

#68 3Xtr3m3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 717 posts
  • LocationOn Your Six

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:40 AM

I am glad to see some new voices on the Forums who are not so "Negative".

I think a lot of the posts are from people, who having tested out all the fun parts of the game and the forums, just like to post adversely to "push the limits". They post what they don't like, what they want RIGHT NOW, and they don't understand why things are they way the are. It is just testing the limits to see what they can get away with, what they can break, and what they can get out of the system for free or at a reduced cost. They are the ones in a crowded room shouting at the top of their lungs all day and night in order that they are heard, and others are silenced. They are the people who if they had a goose that could lay one Golden Egg a day, would slaughter the goose in order to get all the eggs now.

The most defensible thing I can say about their existence is, *shrugs* It is all part of the Metagame. No matter where you go or what you do, they will be there too.

So, Welcome to the Forums. Nice to hear new voices. Try not to let it bum you out too much.

#69 AntharPrime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:04 AM

Added a little note to each mech.

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 02 August 2013 - 08:55 AM, said:

WHAT:
50% off MC price of the following Trial Mechs
  • COM-2D, regular 715 , now 357
ECM capable mech that is moderately effective. Recently suffered from the nerf to Streaks.
  • BJ-1X, regular 1260 , now 630
Surprisingly good mech with 8 energy hardpoints. With the right upgrades this mech is a terror on the battlefield.
  • CPLT-C4, regular 2350 , now [1175]
Sort of a compromise between the A1 and the C1. you can boat plenty on LRMs and equip a TAG to make them more effective but you are very vulnerable to flanking lights.

Edited by AntharPrime, 04 August 2013 - 05:05 AM.

#70 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:58 AM

[color=cyan]I'm glad you posted this.[/color]

Because it gives me an opportunity to say: if you're not going to contribute beyond "this isn't for me therefore I am going to show up to tell everyone how it isn't" please find another area of the forums to post on. If you don't like the sale, fine, but showing up to say 'Meh' is a waste of everyones time, including yours.

Actually Garth, it would be nice if you guys cut the C-Bill Price as well. No offense but some of us do actually buy Mechs with in game currency also.

Second to post just to say "Don't post tripe." Is a Moderator's job, not the Game Developers. Let the mods do their jobs sir. it's why they were picked isn't it?

#71 Ken Fury

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:29 AM

[color=cyan]I'm glad you posted this.[/color]

Well it sums it up perfectly. Of all the Trial by Fire sales, there was only one time I actually bought a Mech on sale (didn't have enough C-bills for a Treb). So yes the Sale is meh since for most people. And people informing you that the sale is "meh" is feedback. Not that I generally agree with the used :effort: but I agree with the message.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users