#61 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:36 AM

View PostJohn MatriX82, on 11 August 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

Yep, Awesomes right now are the biggest and fattier mech in the whole game, they are already "penalized" enough, being the slowest assaults of the bunch (9M and PB apart), especially now with the intro of the Victors, that can run bigger engines with somewhat better hitboxes. Even being 3xPPC capable, they'd be more used, respected and at the same time pretty counterable.. because you can hit them pretty easily.

This. ^

#62 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:16 PM

At the start, I was feeling 12 vs. 12 games lost some of the tactical value, but I'm getting use of it. True: individual skill matters less, but at least the big maps are more populated (somehow).

What I find absurd is the nerfing in the C-Bills. WTF is PGI thinking?

#63 Tombstoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:30 PM

I think PGI realized that lights can tag each mech and get the assist bonus. basically the system could be exploited.
Also pgi has a monetary amount in mind per match but forgot that its being distributed among 4 more people.
Matches can take longer for good players but as a light that tags and dies, i can cycle through lots more 12 mans for the tag money.

i'm finding that playing a support role is much more viable hence the increase in LRM usage.... more spotters. less pop tarting so targeting is more reliable for lrms again hence why usage is up. also lrms can be a good way to kill lights.

#64 ztac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:25 AM

If I owned PGI I would see what the cryengine 3 is actually capable of.. it is an amazing engine when used properly and is capable of some very awesome graphics. I would also see how a certain crowd funded game is using it , and the way they are interacting with their community, because to be honest I would much prefer to spend my money with them , they have real appeal! All PGI seem about is the cash grab, especially as now the new Kintaro's are all MC only .... Is this where the game is headed?

Edited by ztac, 13 August 2013 - 09:26 AM.

#65 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

View PostTombstoner, on 12 August 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

I think PGI realized that lights can tag each mech and get the assist bonus. basically the system could be exploited.
Also pgi has a monetary amount in mind per match but forgot that its being distributed among 4 more people.
Matches can take longer for good players but as a light that tags and dies, i can cycle through lots more 12 mans for the tag money.

i'm finding that playing a support role is much more viable hence the increase in LRM usage.... more spotters. less pop tarting so targeting is more reliable for lrms again hence why usage is up. also lrms can be a good way to kill lights.

C-Bills reward is really ridiculously low right now.
The whole argument for lowering the rewards is flawed - I'm doing much less damage with the 12 vs 12 battles than before, and not the contrary.

View Postztac, on 13 August 2013 - 09:25 AM, said:

All PGI seem about is the cash grab, especially as now the new Kintaro's are all MC only .... Is this where the game is headed?

I don't care if the mechs are released one week earlier for MCs only... this looks like a valid way to get money.
Now, variants (hero mechs) which we can't get other way instead of (a lot of ) MCs, that's something totally different.

#66 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:59 PM

New entry: I got stuck once more in the Terra Terma. That map has lots of bugs. I would remove it from the game until fixed.
(surelly, the devs could also figure out how to do damage in the mechs in contact with lava)

#67 Urdnot Mau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 501 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:02 PM

View PostOdanan, on 16 August 2013 - 02:59 PM, said:

New entry: I got stuck once more in the Terra Terma. That map has lots of bugs. I would remove it from the game until fixed.
(surelly, the devs could also figure out how to do damage in the mechs in contact with lava)

Yesterday i was legged by the lava. I stood there for about 40 seconds and i still had armor. When it got to internals i had an ammo explosion, wich caused me to lose my left torso's armor :(

I would have someone make a Shopping tab with a galaxy map. Individual planets would represent "stores" where buying equipment would be possible. Prices would be affected by war and some items would cost less for some people and more for other, depending on their allegiance.

Auctuators would be customizable. Removing auctuators would be possible and changing them too, so we could have different bonuses, like extra arm movement speed, extra freedom, extra turning speed for gyros, extra torso freedom, more resistant legs (speed slow less when landing), extra speed, etc etc.
Our mechs could be a lot more "ours" than they already are.
Hero mechs could have special auctuators that could not be purchased by cBills

Edited by Urdnot Mau, 17 August 2013 - 05:04 PM.

#68 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:20 AM

View PostUrdnot Mau, on 17 August 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

Yesterday i was legged by the lava. I stood there for about 40 seconds and i still had armor. When it got to internals i had an ammo explosion, wich caused me to lose my left torso's armor :P

I would have someone make a Shopping tab with a galaxy map. Individual planets would represent "stores" where buying equipment would be possible. Prices would be affected by war and some items would cost less for some people and more for other, depending on their allegiance.

Auctuators would be customizable. Removing auctuators would be possible and changing them too, so we could have different bonuses, like extra arm movement speed, extra freedom, extra turning speed for gyros, extra torso freedom, more resistant legs (speed slow less when landing), extra speed, etc etc.
Our mechs could be a lot more "ours" than they already are.
Hero mechs could have special auctuators that could not be purchased by cBills

Changing the actuators of a mech would make serious changes in the exterior model (imagine an Atlas with arms like Stalker) and you can't actually remove any leg actuator (or your mech won't walk). But I agree they need to implement some functions to the actuators already in game - right now they just limit the space of the arm.

And seriously, the lava in Terra Terma is more like hot water. In real life, you wouldn't step into lava, no matter how much armor you have.

#69 Flux Reversal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 180 posts
  • LocationSpace City, TX

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:51 AM

If I owned PGI i'd make my employees take drug tests.

#70 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:01 AM

View PostOZYM4NDI4S, on 18 August 2013 - 04:51 AM, said:

If I owned PGI i'd make my employees take drug tests.

Maybe they are not taking enough? (just kidding)

#71 Ridersofdoom

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 201 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:13 AM

If I owned PGI....
eject all creatives and would ask Jordan W. to come back and hire David White for awesome mechs.

#72 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:43 AM

From the OP:

And you? What would you change in MWO, in terms of balance and features? What is your list?

Management of PGI staff is not in question.

#73 Delas Ting Usee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 548 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:57 AM

Seeing as how I just won the $500 Million powerball...I wouldn't buy PGI, I mean why would I...other than MWO I'm NOT all that keen or impress with their work overall. NOT that they're not trying with MWO but meh. What I will do is buy the all relevant Battletech copyright from Mircosoft (I believe they own them) & harmony Gold too. Then I'll start MWO from scratch. And insteady of what, 50 people working on it, I'll hire 150 and I wouldn't have a forum either cause, hey, I just won half a billion dollars what do I care what you have to say :P

Edited by Delas Ting Usee, 18 August 2013 - 06:12 AM.

#74 Cybermech

Tool

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:58 AM

nice thread, very fluffy and full of lovely thoughts.
but you are not a beautiful snow flake.
there are a lot of impractical ideas that won't work and involve a lot of "chasing your own tail" moments.

"To be honest, I think too much effort was spent on that confusing and artificial solution."
Ye cause staking penalties is unheard of in the gaming community.
Was never mentioned by people as a fix for months before PPC's were dominating in every match.

Nice read though. :P

Edited by Cybermech, 18 August 2013 - 05:58 AM.

#75 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:14 AM

View PostCybermech, on 18 August 2013 - 05:58 AM, said:

nice thread, very fluffy and full of lovely thoughts.
but you are not a beautiful snow flake.

I'm not? oh...

there are a lot of impractical ideas that won't work and involve a lot of "chasing your own tail" moments.

"To be honest, I think too much effort was spent on that confusing and artificial solution."
Ye cause staking penalties is unheard of in the gaming community.
Was never mentioned by people as a fix for months before PPC's were dominating in every match.

I like the result (mechs with more mixed loadout), but I don't like how they did that.

Nice read though. :P

Thanks! I still hope for your suggestions.

PS:I think MWO devs should play more MW3. That's a game that works with rules very close to TT.

#76 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:19 AM

View PostDelas Ting Usee, on 18 August 2013 - 05:57 AM, said:

Seeing as how I just won the $500 Million powerball...I wouldn't buy PGI, I mean why would I...other than MWO I'm NOT all that keen or impress with their work overall. NOT that they're not trying with MWO but meh. What I will do is buy the all relevant Battletech copyright from Mircosoft (I believe they own them) & harmony Gold too. Then I'll start MWO from scratch. And insteady of what, 50 people working on it, I'll hire 150 and I wouldn't have a forum either cause, hey, I just won half a billion dollars what do I care what you have to say :D

You can prove that by transferring US$ 1k to my Pay Pal account. :P
Of course, 1K is nothing for a person who won 500 Million...

#77 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:19 AM

Updated the OP with more stuff. Go on.

#78 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:34 AM

Update: I would hunt down the responsibles for the last patch fiasco.

- Breaking the engine rule for a weak chassis instead of fixing it: wrong;
- Nerfing the MG when is was almost an usable weapon: wrong;
- Forcing (this awful) 3rd person camera down the throats of all players: wrong;
- Breaking your word to the community: unforgiving.

The August 20th patch was the single most damaging event for MWO in the whole game's history. I wonder if people at PGI lost their minds.

#79 DegeneratePervert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:39 AM

View PostOdanan, on 23 August 2013 - 07:34 AM, said:

Update: I would hunt down the responsibles for the last patch fiasco.

- Breaking the engine rule for a weak chassis instead of fixing it: Agreed.
- Nerfing the MG when is was almost an usable weapon: Super Agreed, 10000x 10/10 would say again.
- Forcing (this awful) 3rd person camera down the throats of all players: Negatory... I, too, would like different playlists, but 3rd person doesn't offer enough of an advantage to warrant all the crying.
- Breaking your word to the community: Things change in a beta. We aren't present at all times in PGI offices. And with the hardcore crowd pledging to never spend another dime but keep playing, they need casual players bad.

The August 20th patch was the single most damaging event for MWO in the whole game's history. I wonder if people at PGI lost their minds.

Agreed on 50% of your points, added my opinion to the ones that I didn't agree with.

On topic: Now, if I owned PGI, I'd begin a transparency campaign somehow. I'd also re-buff C-Bills (to shut up the masses) and machine guns (to shut up me).

#80 M4NTiC0R3X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:21 AM

I would have made a lobby system with integrated (like plain as day, not download the app) voice coms and hot keys that trigger visual and vocal commands a #1 priority.

The reasoning is because the game is not fair for players who don't have the ability to talk to each other on voice chat. A lot of the time as a lone wolf I feel like I have to ' ride the train ' if you know what I mean.

Sometimes it's like watching premeditated murder... and that's exactly what it is if you think about it. Not so fun for the person who doesn't enjoy waiting around for team mates.

On that note, I would seriously consider adding a solo only queue.

If we had these things (which we will I'm sure) then a solo only queue would seem pointless right? Wrong, there's a peace of mind value and I'd (as well as many others) like to know the people I play against haven't conspired to absolutely obliterate anything that stands before them before the match even begins. It is not fair nor fun for the losers making zero C-Bills and getting mocked by corps most times along the way.

That, IMO more than anything, will scare new players away.

The signature above that requests a PUG only playlist.... love it.

19 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users