Game Keeps Freezing

60 replies to this topic

#1 Zarlaren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationRoseburg

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:38 AM

Every match now couple to a few minutes every match the game freezes and I have to Ctrl+Alt+Delete to close the game. I want to play but this is becoming unplayable if I have to force quit and relog the game can anyone help me?

#2 Leonidesalinas

• PipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 38 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:54 AM

stupid freeze problem reappeared after the patch recently....

seriously what the **** PGI?

#3 Zarlaren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationRoseburg

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:58 AM

Anyone can help?

#4 Autofire55555

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

What version of Windows do you have?

I have Windows 8. I've been having the client freeze every other game or so. I think that setting compatibility to Windows XP seems to fix it, but I'm not sure.

(This is done by right clicking on the MWO shortcut, clicking Properties in the menu, and then going to the Compatibility tab. From there, check option which says Run this program in compatibility mode for: and then find Windows XP (Service Pack 3) in the drop down menu. This might slow the game down. You could try Windows Vista or Windows 7, though I tried 7 and it didn't seem to fix the issue.)

#5 Icenine07

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:44 PM

Having what I think is the same issue. On occasion the game will freeze, alt-tab out will only bring up a black screen. Game can only be shut down with the task manager.

#6 Aastarius

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:53 AM

I have been getting this, though usually after the game had been running for a while ... memory leak?

System is a Windows 7-64bit PC with 16Gig RAM

#7 ROJ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationDubai

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:49 AM

Yep my game freezes on occasions aswell.

#8 Redwood Elf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:49 PM

It seems completely random, though an alarming amount of the time it happens when I'm right up in the face of an enemy assault mech in, say, a Jenner.

#9 Funkadelic Mayhem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationOrokin Void

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:52 PM

Its happened to me a few times since the last patch. Never happened be4 then. Every time it has happened its when I was using MG, if that helps PGI not do anything about it. :wacko:

#10 Funkadelic Mayhem

• Knight Errant
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationOrokin Void

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

just happened again in the middle of as match. This time i was not using MG!

FIX THIS CRAP!

#11 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:02 PM

System specs. Dxdiag can be useful for this information.

Was the freeze temporary (5-10 seconds) or did the game never recover after a minute or two, forcing you to manually end the game?

Does the rest of the team or some of the people acknowledged that they also experienced that temp freeze once things are rolling again?

1st, need to help eliminate a program popping up and hogging system resources. Example would be MS Media Player Network Sharing

Bring up task manager and keep an eye on the System Idle Process and the CPU usage. Does the usage drop to the 30s or less? Basically does it drop drastically when compared to normal times in the game?

#12 Funkadelic Mayhem

• Knight Errant
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationOrokin Void

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:32 PM

just happened in another map 3 times. I got lucky this time and it unfroze each time.

#13 Zarlaren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationRoseburg

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:02 PM

My computer never recovers from a freeze and today the new patch came out for 12v12 and got my Sarahs Jenner and the freezing is 100% chance now even in testing grounds and a everything low graphics I have windows 7.

I really do want to save up for my 2nd favorite mech the Atlas but I can't do that when the game chain crashing with 100% chance.

Please dev's fix this glitch please even if you gotta put stuff on hold fixing bugs is more important.

Edited by Zarla, 06 August 2013 - 12:04 PM.

#14 Zarlaren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationRoseburg

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:06 PM

I even freeze in drop ready preperations and never recover.

#15 Funkadelic Mayhem

• Knight Errant
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationOrokin Void

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:09 PM

happened again to me today in my 1st match.

#16 Zarlaren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationRoseburg

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:12 PM

What I tried was trying other fixes would worked till this new patch at turning V-sync on and AA off and everything else to low but now it is useless. I even went from 1280x720 to 1024x768 screen resolution but that didn't work ether. Now trying the sound to low and C3 Voip off If I still crash I don't know what else to try.

Edited by Zarla, 06 August 2013 - 12:16 PM.

#17 ZM Hawk

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:19 PM

I have never had the freezing problem before but since the latest (12v12) patch the game has frozen 2 out of 3 times. Around the 5-6 minute mark. I can't really think of a pattern. I was using a different mech on a different map both times. My system does not recover I need to ctrl+alt+del out. System specs are below. Yes they aren't pretty but the game is usually stable in Low graphics settings.

AMD A6-3420M APU with Radeon HD Graphics (4 cpus)-1.5ghz
AMD Radeon HD 6520G
6 GB DDR3 Memory
Windows 7 64 bit

#18 Zarlaren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationRoseburg

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:22 PM

I just Froze again but however I had extreme jerky lag movement before it froze again this freezing is unrecoverable I have no choice but to force quit the entire game to get back on.

#19 Zarlaren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationRoseburg

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:29 PM

My stats are.
Windows 7 Home Premium
Pentium® Dual Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz 2.60GHz
Installed Memory(RAM) 4GB
System type: 64-bit

My stats are ugly but still able to run this game on high graphics before the 12v12 patch.

I even had a commando trail in Terra Therma testing on max graphics once and was fine. But now the freezing is now 100% and can't play till this is fixed.

Edited by Zarla, 06 August 2013 - 12:31 PM.

#20 Zarlaren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationRoseburg

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:41 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 05 August 2013 - 03:02 PM, said:

System specs. Dxdiag can be useful for this information.

Was the freeze temporary (5-10 seconds) or did the game never recover after a minute or two, forcing you to manually end the game?

Does the rest of the team or some of the people acknowledged that they also experienced that temp freeze once things are rolling again?

1st, need to help eliminate a program popping up and hogging system resources. Example would be MS Media Player Network Sharing

Bring up task manager and keep an eye on the System Idle Process and the CPU usage. Does the usage drop to the 30s or less? Basically does it drop drastically when compared to normal times in the game?

Somehow when I logged in the front page to go play it spike to 78% just from logging in I never had this issue before few days ago it ran smoothly. It is now hovering at 60% now just from the front page to where you have 3 tabs on top for home,mechlab,pilot lab. If it is a cpu failure to process what is eating up all my cpu that would take it to 60% just from your mainscreen?

I only have MWO and firefox open but my cpu is almost being maxed out going up and down like crazy just from the mainscreen of the game.

Edited by Zarla, 06 August 2013 - 12:50 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users