#541 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:41 PM

View PostChronojam, on 14 August 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

So, man, is PGI ever boned once this thing launches, unless they have a super-secret internal build that's all sunshine and rainbows with impeccable balancing. Hopefully we'll be able to look back in three months to "shows great improvement" reviews instead of yet another F2P post-mortem.

I certainly hope they fix the hit detection and the current fps problems by then. Balance will always be contentious as long as the game exists, so for me that's a non-issue. They do say they are balancing before launch which is I am sure somewhat predicated upon finding the hit registration problem.

Boned? I am not so sure about. I think this game has more people that like it than you think. Even if they don't admit it to themselves.

As long as they get UI 2.0 and what not in *soon*. The will be fine.

#542 MisterFiveSeven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 290 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:50 PM

View PostChronojam, on 14 August 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

So, man, is PGI ever boned once this thing launches, unless they have a super-secret internal build that's all sunshine and rainbows with impeccable balancing. Hopefully we'll be able to look back in three months to "shows great improvement" reviews instead of yet another F2P post-mortem.

I don't want sunshine and rainbows.

I wanna drop with other mechs and smash the enemies' collective faces with ballistic slugs and rockets and seeking missiles and lasers and lightning bolts and rail guns.

Right now we've achieved lightning bolts and rail guns.

I want to crush goons while trolling them with the emblem of the glorious federated suns. But until that glorious day, I agree with them because they appear to be the only people in the forums that don't put on blinders first thing after they roll out of bed.

Btw I still hate goons.

#543 Nekki Basara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:58 PM

Awww, but we don't hate you Posted Image

#544 MisterFiveSeven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 290 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:23 PM

View PostNekki Basara, on 14 August 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

Awww, but we don't hate you Posted Image

It's an obligatory thing.

Whenever I drop against them, because some of them declared open war on me at one point, I have to comment on how tasty fried space chicken is.

It's a thing. Don't worry, I think we're on the same page :(

#545 Nekki Basara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:28 PM

What is Optimus Prime without Megatron? It's totally fine. Totally fine.

#546 Literally

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:13 PM

Unfortunately, I think PGI would have to change their entire culture in order to turn this game around before launch. I still think it has a ton of potential, but we seem to lose players faster than they join, and the bad attitude towards the community is just poison.
There are just too many other good games on the market for this recent failure to be excusable, but tragically the giant robot options are few.
I can only hope that, in a few months, the devs will wise up and the game will stop punishing us for winning matches. They act like good players are going to just stop using good mechs, and ignore the simple fact that the more you win, the more popsnipers and PPCs you will fight against. And the more tedious the game gets. Until it's not fun. Until it's not worth playing.
I shouldn't have to make a smurf account just to try out a brawling mech.

#547 Ken Fury

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:25 PM

1 Month and 2 Days and we have a released and finished Mech game. Aren't you all excited?

#548 Windies

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,477 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:09 AM

View PostTank Boy Ken, on 14 August 2013 - 11:25 PM, said:

1 Month and 2 Days and we have a released and finished Mech game. Aren't you all excited?

Posted Image

#549 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:50 AM

View PostThunderklaws, on 14 August 2013 - 08:18 PM, said:

BEING a liar and pretending theres nothing wrong would be more honest youre saying?

Acknowledging that there are things that are wrong while be realistic about the development schedule is not the same as being a liar and pretending there is nothing wrong...

Try listening to this podcast. http://www.nogutsnog...php?topic=749.0

#550 MechFrog1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 630 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:26 AM

View PostMisterFiveSeven, on 14 August 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:

I want to crush goons while trolling them with the emblem of the glorious federated suns. But until that glorious day, I agree with them because they appear to be the only people in the forums that don't put on blinders first thing after they roll out of bed.

Btw I still hate goons.
If you want to crush goons you might have better luck finding them in another game.

Edited by mint frog, 15 August 2013 - 06:32 AM.

#551 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:17 AM

View PostThunderklaws, on 15 August 2013 - 07:14 AM, said:

Yeah I really cant listen to PGI/IGP's public mouthpieces.
Especially even when the guy sticking up for them in the last town hall has to admit that thats what they essentially are.

In their Devs & Beer (or whatever its called) podcasts the dev in question talks a lot more. There is actually quite a bit of information in this one, not only of the process in general, but also upcoming stuff.

ETA: The PGI employee in question is Matt Newman

Edited by Belorion, 15 August 2013 - 07:35 AM.

#552 Literally

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:44 PM

Unfortunately, there actually isn't much information in the NGNG podcasts. There us a lot of talking, and sometimes things that sound important are said, but the devs haven't stuck to what they've said or implied on NGNG, twitter, reddit, or the official forums. There is a big difference between white noise and information, and so far NGNG has been empty hype. If you want information, then gather statistics and read the patch notes.

Please stop deleting posts critical of NGNG. It doesn't look good.
NGNG claimed to be an unpaid fan-made production, and then one of them slipped up and admitted that IGP paid them for their work. It's ok to get paid, it's not ok to lie.
They got called out, don't pretend I didn't happen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users