190 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:40 AM

Please let us know your feedback on the latest Technical Update from PGI!

Spoiler

#2 Damocles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:47 AM

DX11 will not be a visual upgrade immediately? :(

Edited by Damocles, 07 August 2013 - 09:47 AM.

#3 Lostdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:49 AM

Please add SLI and Crossfire support ASAP. It is unfathomable to release a game in 2013 without supporting these configurations.

#4 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:51 AM

sweet

#5 Armageddon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:53 AM

Please make SLI and Crossfire a big priority in addition to DX11. The game is almost unplayable for me after 12vs12. I was getting 60 FPS on high/medium and now I'm getting 25-35 FPS on all low settings.

Edited by Armageddon, 07 August 2013 - 09:53 AM.

#6 xCico

• WC 2018 Gold Champ
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:58 AM

I appreciate your work, but it takes too slow except 12v12, that was fast, and because of that people have issues with frames drop. You said hit detection slipped through, well yea before 2 months and 2 months is enough for fix, but ok. These things are nice but currently the only two things i want to fix is HSR and frame fix for 12v12, these can come next year IMO, just fix HSR and frames, me happy :(

Edited by 19cico96, 07 August 2013 - 09:59 AM.

#7 Matthew Craig

Technical Director

• 867 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:03 AM

The engine has SLI/Crossfire support the key issue is that up to this point we haven't had time to make SLI work efficiently, we would likely get to this work post launch. With regards to the current fps drop on production as mentioned we are currently investigating and suspect there is a difference from what was on public test that we can isolate and address. We'll update again as we learn more.

#8 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:04 AM

Also currently the algorithm used has some sensitivity to variable latency conditions we have plans to address this so further improvement in weapon firing can be expected in the run up to launch.

Will this help with Chain Fire triggering the heat penalty?

Edited by 3rdworld, 07 August 2013 - 10:04 AM.

#9 Midgie

Swaybacked

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 192 posts
  • LocationThe unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy.

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:06 AM

View PostArmageddon, on 07 August 2013 - 09:53 AM, said:

Please make SLI and Crossfire a big priority in addition to DX11. The game is almost unplayable for me after 12vs12. I was getting 60 FPS on high/medium and now I'm getting 25-35 FPS on all low settings.

Almost unplayable at 25-35 FPS? Haha. My framrate has been about that for most of closed beta. It is totally playable like that. It's just not as pretty.

#10 King Arthur IV

• Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:07 AM

happy to know that my problems are not a myth.

#11 Homeless Bill

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationA Box Near You

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:11 AM

**** yeah, communication! Something like this or Russ' 3PV post every week or so is a great way to tell us, "We hear you," which is often all people are looking for. Many will continue to whine, but I greatly appreciate little updates like this even if there aren't a lot of specifics.

#12 PoLaR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 620 posts
  • LocationEast Bay

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:19 AM

Not a ton of Info, but really loving the communication. It's nice to know we aren't alone out here.

Was hoping for a larger write-up for UI 2.0! Ahh can't wait!! :]

#13 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:20 AM

View PostMatthew Craig, on 07 August 2013 - 10:03 AM, said:

The engine has SLI/Crossfire support the key issue is that up to this point we haven't had time to make SLI work efficiently, we would likely get to this work post launch. With regards to the current fps drop on production as mentioned we are currently investigating and suspect there is a difference from what was on public test that we can isolate and address. We'll update again as we learn more.

The oddity, Matt, is that in virtually every other game in existence, MMO or single player, turning on SLI has helped with game performance, even if the game wasn't designed for it.

In MWO it drops game performance by ~30%.

Why?

#14 Monky

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts
  • LocationHypothetical Warrior

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:31 AM

Thank you for the update, it is very nice to be hearing things again.

#15 MercJ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 184 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:35 AM

View PostArmageddon, on 07 August 2013 - 09:53 AM, said:

What is your system configuration? What resolution do you play at? Did you make sure to run in "Fullscreen" mode?

Crossfire works for me, after some tweaking. Is there a thread already on this topic in the forums somewhere? I'd like to help others if I can (and it isn't too daunting of a task.... 0.o )

More on topic, THANK YOU FOR COMMUNICATING WITH US! A vast amount of people are simply not aware of all of the pieces to the puzzle (what seems like an easy fix can actually be incredibly complicated) - communicating with us at least lets everyone know there's something happening behind the scenes.

#16 Elyam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 538 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:39 AM

Thanks for the update. I really do want to see where you take it. At each decision point, weigh 'produced amount of challenging player fun' and 'accuracy of simulation of the BT/MW universe' equally, with ' make the best AAA shooter' taking a distant 3rd place.

#17 IceSerpent

• 3,044 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:42 AM

We’ve been monitoring the telemetry data for the match maker for a while now and feel we have enough data to begin tuning the system to help reduce outlier games that either have poor weight matching or poor Elo matching. We know that in general these represent a relatively small percentage of games but that they are frustrating when they occur as they often represent a game where the odds are noticeably in favor of one side.

Matt, just to make sure that we are all on the same page - you guys do treat a "1 high Elo player + 1 low Elo player vs. 2 average Elo players" as poor Elo matching, right?

#18 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:44 AM

All I'm looking forward to is an updated MM writeup, since it should be made clear what the MM does now with respect to the 12v12 matchups.

#19 Zany

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:44 AM

View PostHomeless Bill, on 07 August 2013 - 10:11 AM, said:

**** yeah, communication! Something like this or Russ' 3PV post every week or so is a great way to tell us, "We hear you," which is often all people are looking for. Many will continue to whine, but I greatly appreciate little updates like this even if there aren't a lot of specifics.

I really would like to echo this.

These small updates have really helped assuage my fears quite a bit.

#20 Chrithu

• Bad Company
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:49 AM

View PostLostdragon, on 07 August 2013 - 09:49 AM, said:

Please add SLI and Crossfire support ASAP. It is unfathomable to release a game in 2013 without supporting these configurations.

Agreed. Allthough I am one of the lucky guys for which the Crossfire Workaround works I would prefer "official" support for Crossfire and SLI.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users