#21 Le Goat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Locationin my chair

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:19 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 09 August 2013 - 08:45 AM, said:

Pattern:
  • Buccaneer permanent pattern for all mechs: 50% off, reg 1250 , now 625
  • Buccaneer Black, Buccaneer Red, Buccaneer White: 50% off, reg 1000 , now 500

i assume they are keeping the formula the same of unlocking patterns for one chassis , and not all mech like this implies?

#22 Grimlox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 511 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:31 AM

View PostLe Goat, on 09 August 2013 - 09:19 AM, said:

i assume they are keeping the formula the same of unlocking patterns for one chassis , and not all mech like this implies?

Just confirmed the pattern is ONE CHASSIS only. Not at all what that ad would have me believe. Refund request sent (it was my first pattern purchase). The paints however work on any mech.

#23 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:31 AM

View PostJohnnyWayne, on 09 August 2013 - 09:04 AM, said:

The servers went offline because of this ****?! ******** IT. Well what to expect after 12v12.

How long have you been here? It happens every Friday, at the same time.

#24 PropagandaWar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:35 AM

Buccaneer's one of the better patterns. If you don't have it it's worth it.

#25 Cyanid7

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:38 AM

Buccaneer Black, Buccaneer Red, Buccaneer White: 50% off

- we are speaking about 1 (one) colour, aren´t we? Its Black OR Red OR White for 500 CB, not all 3 of em. True?

Edited by Cyanid7, 09 August 2013 - 09:39 AM.

#26 Grimlox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 511 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:39 AM

View PostPropagandaWar, on 09 August 2013 - 09:35 AM, said:

Buccaneer's one of the better patterns. If you don't have it it's worth it.

Worth 625 per mech? That would be 18 mechs currently X 625 = 11,250 plus the 3 colours = 12,750. Over 50 bucks and climbing as I purchase new mechs. That's terrible IMO. For someone like me that wants to play ALL his mechs and not just one favourite the patterns are a terrible deal.

#27 SerEdvard

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 105 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area, CA

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:44 AM

I assume that the "permanent Buccaneer pattern unlock for ALL mechs" really means unlock for ANY mech, right? I don't buy it once and then get to use it on all of my mechs, do I? The grammar is confusing...

#28 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:46 AM

Very good sale, thanks for listening :) :)

View PostSerEdvard, on 09 August 2013 - 09:44 AM, said:

I assume that the "permanent Buccaneer pattern unlock for ALL mechs" really means unlock for ANY mech, right? I don't buy it once and then get to use it on all of my mechs, do I? The grammar is confusing...

well the formular usually is per type of mech, and its available to all variants, so you'd get better value buying it for stalkers or awesomes, than you would quickdraws, but I havn't looked yet, so maybe its not

#29 Le Goat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Locationin my chair

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:48 AM

View PostSerEdvard, on 09 August 2013 - 09:44 AM, said:

you buy it for a certain mech and it is unlocked for those variants of same mech. thats it.

#30 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:49 AM

Buccaneer is my favourite pattern, hands down. Sherman looks fantastic on a couple chassis, but Buccaneer is awesome on everything.

I'd ignore the grammar and assume that it's sold as patterns always are. They likely cannot change how patterns are sold right now, at least not till UI2.0. So, buy it once for all the mechs in a specific chassis.

These sales are really the only time it's worthwhile to buy a pattern "permanently" rather than just buying one-use versions. It's still cheaper to use one-use buys, but if you're addicted to changing your mechs looks frequently this lets you go back to Buccaneer with all your variants effortlessly.

#31 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:52 AM

Also.... I hate you guys. I swore off buying more MC till after October, when I get my Overlord mechs - not for any whiny "I'm mad about <x> and refuse to buy more MC as a result" sort of thing, but just because $80 ate a lot of my random gaming budget... But... but...

Paints! My favourite pattern! ... and I did just run out of premium time.... and I do need some more mech bays.... *twitch*

#32 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:04 AM

I thought about buying the Buccaneer Red (as its a richer hue than the Cbill red) but descided to wait and play a game instead.

9:30 minutes later, 1 kill 4 assists and highest score and damage on my team (assault map).

heres your 90k cbills!

Posted Image

I'll stick with my cbill red, it might not be pretty but it clearly is valuable in its own special way -.-

#33 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:07 AM

View PostGrimlox, on 09 August 2013 - 09:39 AM, said:

Worth 625 per mech? That would be 18 mechs currently X 625 = 11,250 plus the 3 colours = 12,750. Over 50 bucks and climbing as I purchase new mechs. That's terrible IMO. For someone like me that wants to play ALL his mechs and not just one favourite the patterns are a terrible deal.

When you buy the camo you get the colors. But those colors aren't unlocked. So if you like the Buccaneer colors that come with the camo, then it's just the cost of the camo. Once you change the colors, then you are out of luck and have to buy them.

#34 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:17 AM

View PostLe Goat, on 09 August 2013 - 09:19 AM, said:

Pattern, unlocks for chassis.
Paints, unlocks for all mechs.

#35 Bracchus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 125 posts
  • LocationThe cold north of Sweden

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:17 AM

50% off and still to expensive.. When they slash the standard price in half and then have 50% sales I will buy paints. But until then my mechs will just have to be satisfied with green. :)
The current prices, 1000MC for a decent hue, is just to high for something that doesn't make me have any more fun while playing. Will gladly pay for stuff that actually raises the fun-level, Overlord-package, the ocassional mech etc. but paints at almost $7 a piece? No PGI, just no.

#36 Hugh Fairgrove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 120 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:18 AM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 09 August 2013 - 10:04 AM, said:

I thought about buying the Buccaneer Red (as its a richer hue than the Cbill red) but descided to wait and play a game instead.

9:30 minutes later, 1 kill 4 assists and highest score and damage on my team (assault map).

heres your 90k cbills!

Posted Image

I'll stick with my cbill red, it might not be pretty but it clearly is valuable in its own special way -.-

Cbill Red? You have me a bit lost. Anyone? Any help on this one?

#37 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:21 AM

View PostNgamok, on 09 August 2013 - 10:07 AM, said:

When you buy the camo you get the colors. But those colors aren't unlocked. So if you like the Buccaneer colors that come with the camo, then it's just the cost of the camo. Once you change the colors, then you are out of luck and have to buy them.

I do not get the colors with the pattern. And trust me, I have a lot of patterns and more than 64 mechs... Good news is I have so many paints it doesn't matter. If I switch to the colors, I still have to buy them. I tried it on the off-chance it might work.

Posted Image

Browse the sale paints, there are many 250 MC standard paints available. Some of their hues are more than good enough.

On the plus side...
Spoiler

Edited by Koniving, 09 August 2013 - 10:43 AM.

#38 Hugh Fairgrove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 120 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:23 AM

View PostNgamok, on 09 August 2013 - 10:07 AM, said:

I understand theres alot of things that people disagree with when it comes to PGI. Frankly I've usually had and most of the time do have their back, but; One, you should get the colors along with the pattern and not lose them when you change the color. Two, like purchasing colors patterns should unlock across all mechs not just a specific chassis, then I could see the price for a single pattern being justified. I think the patterns are probably my only or biggest gripe about MWO at the moment.

#39 Garth Erlam

• 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:26 AM

View PostBelorion, on 09 August 2013 - 08:49 AM, said:

You gave me a mental image of an atlas in a bikini... I can't undo that now.

[color=cyan]Hey man, you've gotta respect all shapes and sizes, man. We're all beautiful creatures, right?[/color]

#40 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:28 AM

View PostGrimlox, on 09 August 2013 - 09:39 AM, said:

I only buy sets for mechs that I play religiously (and the 625 includes its varients). Soo0 I have it for my hunchback and it was worth it the other guys I do singles. For example Green Meanie is my Catapult with Phraken. He is a unique mech I spent I think 125 or whatever on it. Never removed it. I own about 28 colors which I bought over time, I can use them on anything and thats why my mechs look so killer cool on the battlefield. If your a longterm MWO'er paints are totally worth it.

28 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 28 guests, 0 anonymous users