33 replies to this topic

#1 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,064 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:00 PM

I am still pulling in over 100k per win. Given that I have most of the XL engines I will need already what exactly do I need a higher earning rate for? The Kintaros will be cheap and the Orion won't drop until next month. In less than a year I have nearly all the modules. Who exactly is hurting for money these days? It must be those light pilots who just cap instead of fighting.

#2 Royalewithcheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:05 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 11 August 2013 - 02:00 PM, said:

Who exactly is hurting for money these days? It must be those light pilots who just cap instead of fighting. new and casual players that PGI already has a problem with retaining.

FTFY

#3 xCico

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Gold Champ
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:08 PM

I thought that too, but after a while I discovered insane drop CBills ;)

#4 Kushko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 493 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:19 PM

There are not the droids you are looking for.

On a more serious note.
Are you seriously saying that earning nerf is ok because you specificaly have everything you need? Im not even going to comment on that, instead ill just let you sit there for a minute and think about what kind of person you are.

#5 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:32 AM

Posted Image

#6 Ken Fury

• 1,016 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:51 AM

View PostHorrace, on 12 August 2013 - 06:50 AM, said:

I have over 50 mechs so I don't really see a problem with making cbills harder to come by.

I own 60 and there is still the option to buy Mechs with MCs during sales. It really is no problem.

#7 Kushko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 493 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:04 AM

View PostTank Boy Ken, on 12 August 2013 - 06:51 AM, said:

I own 60 and there is still the option to buy Mechs with MCs during sales. It really is no problem.

I like how you liked your own post, so i liked it as well...even though i dont really like it.

#8 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,629 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:20 AM

Someone with everything they want in-game not concerned about new players earning in-game items....

That's like...someone with everything they want in-game not concerned about new players earning in-game items....

#9 Elyam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 538 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:41 AM

People who only get to put in a few hours each week in PUGs really have a tough time with money. I've been in for 10 months and have about a 50% win/loss overall (pretty average) and have 2 mechs, 2 engines, a $110k/match ***. To earn enough c-bills to buy a 350XL would take nearly a month. That's a bit too long. I'd like to see earned c-bills increase by about 20%.

#10 Ken Fury

• 1,016 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:01 AM

View PostKushko, on 12 August 2013 - 07:04 AM, said:

I like how you liked your own post, so i liked it as well...even though i dont really like it.

That's okay, I did like your post! I also think firing more than 2 Medium Lasers at once is bad.

#11 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:07 AM

New players... You know, that one thing we have very few of, for a lot of reasons.

And now we're gonna have even fewer.

#12 Ransack

• 1,175 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:13 AM

View PostTank Boy Ken, on 12 August 2013 - 08:01 AM, said:

That's okay, I did like your post! I also think firing more than 2 Medium Lasers at once is bad.

Those evil Medium Lasers. Nope No money problems in this game currently. I mean can't everyone get 12 assists per game?

Too damn bad for those assault drivers. If mechs die before they can engage, it's their own damn fault for not taking a faster mech

#13 Lostdragon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:03 AM

I have $20 million in the bank and I live off the interest. I don't have to work anymore or worry about money so I think it is ok to reduce the minimum wage to $2.50/hr and cut the pay of anyone making over minimum wage by 50%. All those people complaining we need to raise the minimum wage or pay competitive salaries people can afford to live off of are just a bunch of whiners. I got mine, so screw them.

It is really easy to be an ******* and have stupid opinions about things that don't impact you.

* I don't really have $20 million or anywhere close to it.

#14 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,064 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:37 AM

View PostLostdragon, on 12 August 2013 - 09:03 AM, said:

I have $20 million in the bank and I live off the interest. I don't have to work anymore or worry about money so I think it is ok to reduce the minimum wage to $2.50/hr and cut the pay of anyone making over minimum wage by 50%. All those people complaining we need to raise the minimum wage or pay competitive salaries people can afford to live off of are just a bunch of whiners. I got mine, so screw them.

It is really easy to be an ******* and have stupid opinions about things that don't impact you.

* I don't really have $20 million or anywhere close to it.

My last purchase was three Victors + endo + DHS + a 350XL. That was last month. I am approaching 17 million C-bills again from having spent all available funds. Again my post is to question the claim that the grind is too hard. I use no premium and no hero mechs.Posted Image

#15 DarkDevilDancer

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:01 AM

See for decent players getting 100k even on a losing game isnt too hard, but if your new your dying very quickly doing little damage and getting no kills (me when i started), so your cash flow after the first 25 games will be limited to say the least.

suddenly 200k for a weapon takes 4-6 games and saving for an XL will be a massive grind and if you need multiple ones...forget it.

#16 Andodx

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 15 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:15 AM

View PostSpheroid, on 12 August 2013 - 09:37 AM, said:

My last purchase was three Victors + endo + DHS + a 350XL. That was last month. I am approaching 17 million C-bills again from having spent all available funds. Again my post is to question the claim that the grind is too hard. I use no premium and no hero mechs.Posted Image

May I ask, and get an answer B), how many hours you play on average a day or a week? And how many of these you play solo in RNG?

With 3-4+ hours a day in a group of four or twelve you can afford a new heavy every two to three days...

#17 Lostdragon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:34 AM

The grind is not too hard for you and me because we have played long enough to be good at the game and kit out some mechs that are great killing machines. If I need money I have a hero mech I can use for a cbill boost and as a founder you have access to a founder's mech with a cbill boost.

What about a new player, though? Even if someone is really dilligent and goes on the forum to learn how to build and play a mech it is going to take them 50% more time to earn enough cbills to buy and kit out two more variants in order to get mastery and double basics. The game does not really start until you get to that point, when you have a mech with mastery, DHS, and a custom loadout. Up until that point you are gimped.

And as far as your 16 million cbills you could easily spend way more than that to buy and kit out three new mechs. Then you will be faced with significantly increased time required to save up enough to do that again. Will it be worth it, especially if you only really want to play 1/3 variants required to level up the chassis?

For me the answer is probably not. The grind previously was long enough to be annoying but not so long that it felt insurmountable. Now watching my cbill count crawl up things feel a lot different and I am reevaluating whether or not buying new chassis is worth the time and effort. If I, a long time MW fan who has gotten pretty good at MWO, am thinking that then how does it feel to someone just starting? Are they going to drop $100+ to buy three variants with MC to be able to get to the competitive part of the game? Maybe some will, but my bet is a lot will move on to something else that seems a little less daunting.

#18 Ransack

• 1,175 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:46 AM

I'll give you that. I too bout three victors, standard and XL engines and a couple of weapon systems in the last month. The thing is that I HAD the money to spend. I HAD weapons that I could strip from one mech and move to another. I have made back a good chunk of the money that I spent. Yet, I am still making less than I did last week. Had they done this eco nerf before releasing the Victor, I probably would not have bought them right away.

I am approaching 17 million C-bills again from having spent all available funds

How much of that did you make before the eco nerf, and how much after?

For a new player, on top of being thrown to the lions in 12 v 12, it may be just enough to keep them from sticking around.

#19 Mogney

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 492 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:56 AM

The OP is spot on. The deck should be totally stacked against new players to insure that veteran players can enjoy blowing them up for years to come.

#20 -Natural Selection-

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:13 PM

I was buying a mech here and there trying them out. If i liked it I would keep and get the others to xp out then sell. When I ran out of bays, I would get more. Since this, I have had no intrest in trying out a new one because I dont want to spend the cbills. So I will stick with the herd of lights, a couple heavies, and the medium I have. And just save the loot to equip with the flavor of the month items.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users