#21 Kushko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 493 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:13 PM

Id like to add one more point.

To all the players that think people that had massive savings were a problem or effecting the economy in a bad way. Remember, MWO has no trading. People with 100+mil saved up could not effect the economy of anyone else around them. And on top of that i would think that there are far more people that are having cbill issues and/or want to buy loads more mechs+weapons+XL engines still, then there are people with every mech chassis in their mechlab and hundreds of millions saved up on top of that.

PGI fixed nothing with this economy nerf, all they did was upset us semi casual players (which i would hazard to guess is a majority in mwo and also a majority of the paying costumes since people that can spend their every waking hour playing usualy a)dont have a source of income and b)dont have a reason to spend money on anything but a mechbay here and there since they can brute force grind everything else) and added yet another reason for new players to give up on the game before actually getting to experience it.

#22 soapyfrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 409 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:22 PM

Given that earnings are completely arbitrary and everyone has a different opinion on how much you should earn per match this is all pretty academic. I mean, they could just make everything free, right? It was that way in MW2 and 3 and 4... The weird thing is though people play more and actually have more fun if they have a goal to pursue, which is why persistent advancement has become the norm even in non-MMO games.

However how do you set the rate of advancement? How many matches on average should it take you to earn a mech? Pretty much everyone will have different opinions on this and there is no true answer only that it can't be too short and it can't be too long.

If the time taken to earn enough to buy a heavy mech goes from 50 matches to 60 matches, does that break the camels back, and why? Why is it that people feel that an earnings reduction of no more than 10-20% pushes the grind from barely tolerable to intolerable? What would the desirable income levels be, keeping in mind the system has to work for casuals and hardcore alike?

#23 HeavyRain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:43 PM

In my opinion the economy should be balanced around the 2-hour per day gaming time and how many such chunks of time it would take for someone to buy and PROPERLY equip a new mech.
I am not going to suggest a number but if these chunks of time start getting too many, people will just get bored and choose a game that they perceive as "more value for money/time".

Also, for people who say that they have a quadrillion c-bills, 47 thousand mechs and a seismic module to go with every different mech colour they own, I suggest they create an alt account and try to play exclusively on it for about a week. See things from the perspective of someone who just saw the MWO ad somewhere and decided to give this game a try.

#24 Khan Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 245 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, U.S

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:08 AM

I recently started up an alt under the name of PUGCOMMANDER (I PUG exclusively). Now perhaps this is because I know how the game works, as I have been around since closed beta, but I didn't have to grind too hard to buy and equip a Centy. I'm not saying the nerf doesn't suck, however, for the first few games, I received between 300,000 and 400,000 C-Bills per match due to the new pilot C-Bill bonus.

I'm not saying the the people in this thread are wrong. New pilots will likely buy the wrong mech, weapons, or upgrades when they first start, possibly throwing away the bonus C-Bills that they get before they even know what to do with them. Still, I do enjoy playing under the Alt as my main has more C-Bills than I know what to do with and the challenge is very much appreciated, as I am making my medium debut on the Alt account. (I did buy a Centy for my main as well after falling in love with the chassis!)

#25 Khan Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 245 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, U.S

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:11 AM

I recently started up an alt under the name of PUGCOMMANDER (I PUG exclusively). Now perhaps this is because I know how the game works, as I have been around since closed beta, but I didn't have to grind too hard to buy and equip a Centy. I'm not saying the nerf doesn't suck, however, for the first few games, I received between 300,000 and 400,000 C-Bills per match due to the new pilot C-Bill bonus.

I'm not saying the the people in this thread are wrong. New pilots will likely buy the wrong mech, weapons, or upgrades when they first start, possibly throwing away the bonus C-Bills that they get before they even know what to do with them. Still, I do enjoy playing under the Alt as my main has more C-Bills than I know what to do with and the challenge is very much appreciated, as I am making my medium debut on the Alt account. (I did buy a Centy for my main as well after falling in love with the chassis!)

#26 M0rpHeu5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 956 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:57 AM

View PostSpheroid, on 11 August 2013 - 02:00 PM, said:

I am still pulling in over 100k per win. Given that I have most of the XL engines I will need already what exactly do I need a higher earning rate for? The Kintaros will be cheap and the Orion won't drop until next month. In less than a year I have nearly all the modules. Who exactly is hurting for money these days? It must be those light pilots who just cap instead of fighting.

So since you alone, a veteran that makes over 100k is cool with the changies that makes the changies good? Stop thinking only yoursef

View PostSpheroid, on 12 August 2013 - 09:37 AM, said:

My last purchase was three Victors + endo + DHS + a 350XL. That was last month. I am approaching 17 million C-bills again from having spent all available funds. Again my post is to question the claim that the grind is too hard. I use no premium and no hero mechs.

Not everyone has 10hour a day free time to play.

#27 El Death Smurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:11 AM

I think the biggest problem is the salvage earnings. I'm ok with the pitiful money I earn with a loss, but a win should feel like a win, and at present, the 10-15k on salvage doesn't make me feel like I won. even a close game should have more disparity between the winners and losers, and salvage is where we will find it. this will especially become obvious once tonnage drop limits are implemented, and the over all value of mechs will go down per match. bump it up to 20-25k and we will have a fixed economy.

#28 soapyfrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 409 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:37 AM

View PostEl Death Smurf, on 13 August 2013 - 01:11 AM, said:

I think the biggest problem is the salvage earnings. I'm ok with the pitiful money I earn with a loss, but a win should feel like a win, and at present, the 10-15k on salvage doesn't make me feel like I won. even a close game should have more disparity between the winners and losers, and salvage is where we will find it. this will especially become obvious once tonnage drop limits are implemented, and the over all value of mechs will go down per match. bump it up to 20-25k and we will have a fixed economy.

So you feel that just nudging up earnings by essentially 5-10% would do the trick?

I think it'd be even easier if they just increased the base reward for playing a match from 25k to 40k. This has the nice effect of benefitting poor players proportionally more than very good players (if you suck, a flat 15k increase win or lose is a proportionally large benefit, if you are very good it's not as significant).

#29 MaddMaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:30 AM

View PostHeavyRain, on 12 August 2013 - 11:43 PM, said:

In my opinion the economy should be balanced around the 2-hour per day gaming time and how many such chunks of time it would take for someone to buy and PROPERLY equip a new mech.
I am not going to suggest a number but if these chunks of time start getting too many, people will just get bored and choose a game that they perceive as "more value for money/time".

Also, for people who say that they have a quadrillion c-bills, 47 thousand mechs and a seismic module to go with every different mech colour they own, I suggest they create an alt account and try to play exclusively on it for about a week. See things from the perspective of someone who just saw the MWO ad somewhere and decided to give this game a try.

Did they turn off or reduce the Cadet Bonus? Those buggers. :ph34r:

#30 Syrkres

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 488 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:17 AM

View PostSpheroid, on 12 August 2013 - 09:37 AM, said:

My last purchase was three Victors + endo + DHS + a 350XL. That was last month. I am approaching 17 million C-bills again from having spent all available funds. Again my post is to question the claim that the grind is too hard. I use no premium and no hero mechs.Posted Image

See there are so many things wrong with your post one has to question your validity.

#1 you are a founder, so you have at least 1 Hero mech.
#2 you have at least 20,00 MC of which you have only 800 left. With 27 mechs you have 4 slots + 1 for founder so 22 slots you purchased a total of 6,600. So thats about 13,000MC missing? since your mechs are not colored I assume you either have more Hero mechs or most of your mechs you bought with MC or bought Premium time.
#3 You dont show your premium time, while you still have premium time left to activate you got some with your founders, but since you bought Founders you likely bought the Pheonix package as well, which also added new premium time, which means you likely already spent your Founders premium time.

So you purchased many of your mechs with MC, saving TONS of CBILLS there alone.
You easily had premium time from founders which could have been spent again earning you extra premium time, yet are bragging about 16 million c-bills..

Something doesn't add up.

#31 Kushko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 493 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:49 AM

View PostSyrkres, on 13 August 2013 - 07:17 AM, said:

See there are so many things wrong with your post one has to question your validity.

#2 you have at least 20,00 MC of which you have only 800 left. With 27 mechs you have 4 slots + 1 for founder so 22 slots you purchased a total of 6,600. So thats about 13,000MC missing? since your mechs are not colored I assume you either have more Hero mechs or most of your mechs you bought with MC or bought Premium time.
#3 You dont show your premium time, while you still have premium time left to activate you got some with your founders, but since you bought Founders you likely bought the Pheonix package as well, which also added new premium time, which means you likely already spent your Founders premium time.

So you purchased many of your mechs with MC, saving TONS of CBILLS there alone.
You easily had premium time from founders which could have been spent again earning you extra premium time, yet are bragging about 16 million c-bills..

Something doesn't add up.

As much as i hate to defend Spheroid, because i could not disagree more with every post ive ever read from him, but...Veteran founders didnt get a founder mech as well as only getting 10k MC and only 1month of premium time. So judging from his mechbays and looks like he has some colors as well its possible or even probable that he really does not have a hero mech and has not bought any mech using MC.

Edited by Kushko, 13 August 2013 - 07:52 AM.

#32 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,064 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:49 AM

View PostSyrkres, on 13 August 2013 - 07:17 AM, said:

You do know that Veteran founders received zero mechs correct? Only Elite and Legendary founders got mechs.

Edited by Spheroid, 13 August 2013 - 07:54 AM.

#33 Clit Beastwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,262 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:07 AM

If you need to earn, just equip a light with an erll, turn it on, and wave it through the enemy team like a light saber. try for 12 assists, you'll make money ;)

#34 El Death Smurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:34 AM

View Postsoapyfrog, on 13 August 2013 - 05:37 AM, said:

So you feel that just nudging up earnings by essentially 5-10% would do the trick?

I think it'd be even easier if they just increased the base reward for playing a match from 25k to 40k. This has the nice effect of benefitting poor players proportionally more than very good players (if you suck, a flat 15k increase win or lose is a proportionally large benefit, if you are very good it's not as significant).

I think it should be more, but I don't think it should be even across the board. I don't think a loss should be as good as a win, and the base reward has lots of problems. Win by cap without kills should make everyone a loser, like it does now. Salvage is a great way to properly reward good players in its extremes (headshots would be worth a lot, and LRMs would significantly lower income if boated,)

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users