We need to organize and get ready!

153 replies to this topic

#41 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:13 AM

View PostBrewzer, on 13 June 2012 - 03:00 PM, said:

I'm sure many pilots that are under the Capellan flag, will tire of them and join a new faction.

Well... if there was a faction to join. ;)

#42 Tarquinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:18 AM

Won't somebody please think of the Adridos!

#43 Max Liao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 695 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCrimson, Canopus IV

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:28 AM

View PostAdridos, on 14 June 2012 - 04:13 AM, said:

Well... if there was a faction to join. ;)

Yes, it's called the Capellan Confederation. But you seems to have disowned your 'colors.'

While Goons are here I will embrace them as my brother the crazy uncle. For the most part, I like Goons; and if my organization can't commit to fielding 12 people at a time, I may officially join them in MW:O. [tenbux] was provided in 2007-ish. Of course, since they are against the FedRats, I see them as birds of a feather (:rimshot:) and all that.

When Goons move on, which I suspect one day they will - to Clans, or WoB, or Davion (as an ironic joke) - then I will have to treat them as foe. For, unlike Adridos, the Goon Tetatea do not scare me. Not because I feel they have no skill, but rather because I know they are a bunch of folks simply trying to have fun (and to win).

At some point I will be on the delivering end of their fun, and at another I will be on the receiving end of it. Either way the circle of life - and my (fictional) loyalty to the (fictional) Capellan Confederation - will continue on as it has since the (non-fictional) '80s.

All in all, it's a game ... it's BattleTech/MechWarrior ... and while some elements are admittedly annoying, they have not stepped on my fun (and I'm both a BT purist and a role-player at heart). I keep telling people this: laugh with them or ignore them, anything else is setting yourself up for targeting, trolling, and to become the butt of their jokes.

(And I'd say deservedly so.)

#44 Bastard Ken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:51 AM

Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance.

#45 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:24 AM

View Post******* Ken, on 14 June 2012 - 04:51 AM, said:

Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance.

You don't have to pretend anything when you prove it by your actions , i.e. posts like these... ;)

Edited by Adridos, 14 June 2012 - 05:24 AM.

#46 Bastard Ken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:28 AM

View PostAdridos, on 14 June 2012 - 05:24 AM, said:

You don't have to pretend anything when you prove it by your actions , i.e. posts like these... ;)

All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.

#47 Evil Ash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 182 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:36 AM

If you shoot them enough, they die, if they overheat, they shut down, if they run outta ammo, they can't shoot.
What's the problem?

#48 Bastard Ken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:47 AM

View PostEvil Ash, on 14 June 2012 - 05:36 AM, said:

If you shoot them enough, they die, if they overheat, they shut down, if they run outta ammo, they can't shoot.
What's the problem?

The use of fire to help an attack means clarity, use of water to help an attack means strength. Water can cut off, but cannot plunder.

#49 Supremacist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 287 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:49 AM

View PostMax Liao, on 14 June 2012 - 04:28 AM, said:

Yes, it's called the Capellan Confederation. But you seems to have disowned your 'colors.'

While Goons are here I will embrace them as my brother the crazy uncle. For the most part, I like Goons; and if my organization can't commit to fielding 12 people at a time, I may officially join them in MW:O. [tenbux] was provided in 2007-ish. Of course, since they are against the FedRats, I see them as birds of a feather (:rimshot:) and all that.

When Goons move on, which I suspect one day they will - to Clans, or WoB, or Davion (as an ironic joke) - then I will have to treat them as foe. For, unlike Adridos, the Goon Tetatea do not scare me. Not because I feel they have no skill, but rather because I know they are a bunch of folks simply trying to have fun (and to win).

At some point I will be on the delivering end of their fun, and at another I will be on the receiving end of it. Either way the circle of life - and my (fictional) loyalty to the (fictional) Capellan Confederation - will continue on as it has since the (non-fictional) '80s.

All in all, it's a game ... it's BattleTech/MechWarrior ... and while some elements are admittedly annoying, they have not stepped on my fun (and I'm both a BT purist and a role-player at heart). I keep telling people this: laugh with them or ignore them, anything else is setting yourself up for targeting, trolling, and to become the butt of their jokes.

(And I'd say deservedly so.)

Youre gonna have a lot of fun.

#50 Codius Dakanius

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationTornado Alley

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:58 AM

WAIT! WAIT! WAIT!

you guys are too intelligent to be members of Liao... Romano is going to have to kill you now... I'm sure if you defect we could post you all as workers in sewage treatment plants.

#51 Atomfire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationBismarck North Dakota

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:17 AM

View PostSierra19, on 13 June 2012 - 03:17 PM, said:

Does the game support any in-game team voice chat? I know quite a few others that do. It would be foolish for it not to be implemented in a team based game.

Sadly, it does not, atleast that is what I could gather. Might want to set up a TS3 server.

#52 Harabec Weathers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons, Mars

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:02 PM

View PostMax Liao, on 14 June 2012 - 04:28 AM, said:

While Goons are here I will embrace them as my brother the crazy uncle.

This guy gets it.

View PostCodius Dakanius, on 14 June 2012 - 09:58 AM, said:

WAIT! WAIT! WAIT!

you guys are too intelligent to be members of Liao... Romano is going to have to kill you now... I'm sure if you defect we could post you all as workers in sewage treatment plants.

Romano Liao has been removed from power as per the Korvin Doctrine, Mittani of House Lowtax now rules the Capellan Goonfederation.

Edited by Harabec Weathers, 14 June 2012 - 02:03 PM.

#53 Hykelion

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:10 PM

View PostHarabec Weathers, on 14 June 2012 - 02:02 PM, said:

Romano Liao has been removed from power as per the Korvin Doctrine, Mittani of House Lowtax now rules the Capellan Goonfederation.

Well, there you go Capellans. You have a usurper in your midst. May the remaining houses work to put this second Amaris and his minions right where they belong.

Let us call this righteous endeavor... Operation Duck Hunt.

#54 Atomfire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationBismarck North Dakota

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:39 PM

View PostHykelion, on 14 June 2012 - 06:10 PM, said:

Well, there you go Capellans. You have a usurper in your midst. May the remaining houses work to put this second Amaris and his minions right where they belong.

Let us call this righteous endeavor... Operation Duck Hunt.

Hear hear.

#55 Lt muffins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 378 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:53 PM

If they start give you too much trouble once MWO is released send me a message I always do love a challenge (hence why I choose FRR so I can fight Clanners first) (also I am on slightly less than friendly terms with some of the people that choose Liao)

#56 Bastard Ken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:38 PM

Therefore those who skillfully move opponents make formations that opponents are sure to follow, give what opponents are sure to take. They move oppenents with the prospect of gain, waiting for them in ambush.

#57 Dhimmi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:22 AM

Let them come, it will make for an interesting meta-game in itself and by the way more targets to shoot at is always a good thing

#58 Dwimbles

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:19 AM

View PostDhimmi, on 15 June 2012 - 01:22 AM, said:

Let them come, it will make for an interesting meta-game in itself and by the way more targets to shoot at is always a good thing

This guy. ;)

Sounds good to me, who's up for some Noobswarm target practice? :blink:

Edited by Direwolffe, 15 June 2012 - 07:22 AM.

#59 Fyad

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 87 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:52 AM

View PostBrewzer, on 13 June 2012 - 03:00 PM, said:

Awesome! Goonies are going with the Capellans, that is awesome. It will be a much more enjoyable time killing them, instead of being with them and listening to their rude, ignorant and childish bantor. In a few months after realease, I'm sure many pilots that are under the Capellan flag, will tire of them and join a new faction.

It's "banter" and "release." Also what are you doing with commas in that last terribly structured sentence?!?!

#60 Two Beans

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationDa Innur Speer

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:15 AM

View PostDirewolffe, on 15 June 2012 - 07:19 AM, said:

Noobswarm

Look at you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users