We need to organize and get ready!

153 replies to this topic

#61 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:56 AM

View PostTwo Beans, on 15 June 2012 - 11:15 AM, said:

Look at you.

Well, it's your image.

Running around chanting "Sqwaak!" and having silly insignias kinda makes people think you're a bunch of noobs, since pro's are mostly serious about what they're doing. :D

#62 Two Beans

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationDa Innur Speer

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:41 PM

View PostAdridos, on 15 June 2012 - 11:56 AM, said:

Well, it's your image.

Running around chanting "Sqwaak!" and having silly insignias kinda makes people think you're a bunch of noobs, since pro's are mostly serious about what they're doing. :D

ITT: A person prevented by child labor laws from holding a profession talks about professionalism.

#63 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:52 PM

View PostTwo Beans, on 15 June 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

ITT: A person prevented by child labor laws from holding a profession talks about professionalism.

Whatever. Tell what you want, you still have to show one pro group (draw from competitive games of WGC, not every single game that had multiplayer in it) that wasn't serious. ;)

#64 Supremacist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 287 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:33 PM

View PostTwo Beans, on 15 June 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

ROFL, I swear a comedy goldmine.

Back on topic: Ya, lets organize !

#65 darknothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 462 posts
  • LocationCanada,Ontario

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:44 PM

simple, in game we all type, and we kill the goons lol. there only good at MMO's by the way.

#66 Vandal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:08 PM

View Postdarknothing, on 15 June 2012 - 03:44 PM, said:

simple, in game we all type, and we kill the goons lol. there only good at MMO's by the way.

http://worldoftanks.com/uc/clanwars/
[NDP]

#67 Atomfire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationBismarck North Dakota

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:26 PM

I still insist on a voice coms system, can't shoot and type at the same time.

P.S. Mute button, for when some numbnut tries to use the coms for DJ night.

#68 Vandal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:32 PM

View PostAtomfire, on 15 June 2012 - 05:26 PM, said:

I still insist on a voice coms system, can't shoot and type at the same time.

P.S. Mute button, for when some numbnut tries to use the coms for DJ night.

It'd probably be better to just use a Teamspeak/Mumble system for that sort of thing, most organized groups have one anyways. I don't remember where, but I think the developers said they wouldn't put in-game voice chat because of that too.

#69 Atomfire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationBismarck North Dakota

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:24 PM

The Dracs now have a Team Speak server. We either need to get our own or we are gonna be stuck hoping and praying that the devs put one in.

#70 Harabec Weathers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons, Mars

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:59 PM

There was a huge thread regarding that a month or two back. I'm pretty sure PGI have said they will not be having in-game VOIP because pretty much every organized group of players already has their own system setup and because there are plenty of excellent programs like Skype or Mumble.

I think they might look into it after launch, but at launch, no in game voice.

#71 Ishtar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationVirginia/DC

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:34 PM

Failure of the Innersphere is imminent. Save the Clans the hassle, eject and run like a true Innerpshere soldier of Davion.

#72 Numlock1776

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:11 AM

Yeah if I wanted to save the inner sphere I would join the faction that actually did save the inner sphere, that faction being Comstar. Sadly not in the game yet but I'm betting that part of the balancing they do with the clans will be introducing the Comguards and their SL tech.

But yeah the Davions players are going to need to get used to losing, a lot.

#73 Vandal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:24 AM

View PostNumlock1776, on 17 June 2012 - 07:11 AM, said:

Yeah if I wanted to save the inner sphere I would join the faction that actually did save the inner sphere, that faction being Comstar. Sadly not in the game yet but I'm betting that part of the balancing they do with the clans will be introducing the Comguards and their SL tech.

But yeah the Davions players are going to need to get used to losing, a lot.

Even the Marik's managed to come together and organize faster than you have, and I'm pretty sure that's the definition of shame.

You won't be able to coast on having the most players and win fights when your individual lances are all pick up pubs with no unit cohesion at all. We just wanna see everybody have a good time and bring some high level play to community warfare when it launches, ya'll, please get it together! :)

#74 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:35 AM

View PostVandal, on 17 June 2012 - 07:24 AM, said:

Even the Marik's managed to come together and organize faster than you have, and I'm pretty sure that's the definition of shame.

You won't be able to coast on having the most players and win fights when your individual lances are all pick up pubs with no unit cohesion at all. We just wanna see everybody have a good time and bring some high level play to community warfare when it launches, ya'll, please get it together! :(

Well, it's hard for them being the house with largest ammount of players.

As for a tactical advantage of it, I doubt so. In the newest progress report, it is stated that community warfare will be added later on, so they have aroun 3 months to get things up and running. That means our superior organization won't have any real use against them and when the time comes, we will probably be equal in it. ;)

#75 LeTigre

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:44 AM

Dont care much about pol;itics, but if the pay is right...

#76 Vandal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:50 AM

View PostAdridos, on 17 June 2012 - 07:35 AM, said:

Well, it's hard for them being the house with largest ammount of players.

As for a tactical advantage of it, I doubt so. In the newest progress report, it is stated that community warfare will be added later on, so they have aroun 3 months to get things up and running. That means our superior organization won't have any real use against them and when the time comes, we will probably be equal in it. ;)

The tactical advantage of having a stable cohesive unit structure with veterans sharing information and tactics with newer members while coordinating over a shared communications network can not be overstated and is going to be the major deciding factor of the metagame in any team based game. Veterancy only increases as time goes on, so a Unit with a longer standing organizational structure is going to have two things a new unit won't: Experienced players who have worked together and communicated for a long while and are therefore able to coordinate faster, and established avenues for the sharing of information and tutoring of less skilled players who have joined after the unit was established.

Establishing a command structure is something that takes time and effort on the part of the players and isn't something you can just wish into existence Adridos! Somebody has to make a conscious decision to establish it at some point in time and then create the infrastructure to support it! :(

Edited by Vandal, 17 June 2012 - 08:06 AM.

#77 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:07 AM

View PostVandal, on 17 June 2012 - 07:50 AM, said:

Establishing a command structure is something that takes time and effort on the part of the players and isn't something you can just wish into existence Adridos! Somebody has to make a conscious decision to establish it at some point in time and then create the infrastructure to support it! :(

I know.

I was just saying that chancef Davions lacking something like that by the time we start the meta game are pretty low.

If they can't find a common word, only better for us. ;)

#78 Azantia

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:22 AM

I think its already been over-stated....you cant control the houses, so a CoC is kind of pointless.....

#79 Supremacist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 287 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:27 AM

View PostAzantia, on 17 June 2012 - 10:22 AM, said:

I think its already been over-stated....you cant control the houses, so a CoC is kind of pointless.....

No, thats what youve been saying.
Its already been stated by the devs that high faction ranked players, will have certain influence in deciding which planets are attacked, re-read the dev blog on community warfare.

Until we get more details that expands on this or more info that negates this, there is plenty of reason to go ahead with AFFS CoC planning.

The only thing that HAS been decided upon, is that you and your unit, will have no role in the AFFS CoC.

Edited by Supremacist, 17 June 2012 - 10:29 AM.

#80 Aurias

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 60 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:57 AM

As for TeamSpeak, I have a server, if anyone (anyone) would like to use it.
Point your TS at darkkal.net. Alternatively, actually go to darkkal.net and click the teamspeak button.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users