We need to organize and get ready!

153 replies to this topic

#101 Harabec Weathers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons, Mars

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:05 AM

Concerned? On the contrary, we would love to see some organized resistance. Smooshing uncoordinated pubbies like panicked chickens is amusing at first, but quickly grows routine.

Goons thrive on conflict. An enemy that just rolls over and dies holds far less interest to us than one we can try to wear down and conquer. We're not trash talking and trolling you gentlemen. We're grooming you and egging you on to give us something interesting to fight.

#102 Numlock1776

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:54 AM

This was the biggest problem with WoT clan warfare. Every single clan, including the supposedly "elite" ones were disorganized and pathetic. It was fun to laugh at them the first few times, but they eventually bored me and many other players to the point of quitting.

Please for the love of all that is good and decent in the universe, organize house Davion and provide us with a challenge.

#103 fil5000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationInternet County, USA

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:12 PM

Basically if you want a good laugh, don't organise in any way and watch as we end up legging each other in our dropzones and leapfrogging in our Cataphracts because it's more fun than rolling a disorganised rabble for the nth time.

#104 Harabec Weathers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons, Mars

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:33 PM

That sounds like excellent "Drunken MechNight" material.

#105 Hattori Hanzo Davion

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:38 PM

View PostAmberlance, on 22 June 2012 - 03:04 AM, said:

A herd of petite-bourgeois drones trying to organise their house of cards is pitiable.

As if we'd ever let a bunch of jumped-up merchants anywhere near our 'Mechs! The very thought makes me want to kill a peasant!

#106 Supremacist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 287 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:37 PM

View PostHarabec Weathers, on 22 June 2012 - 10:05 AM, said:

Concerned? On the contrary, we would love to see some organized resistance. Smooshing uncoordinated pubbies like panicked chickens is amusing at first, but quickly grows routine.

Goons thrive on conflict. An enemy that just rolls over and dies holds far less interest to us than one we can try to wear down and conquer. We're not trash talking and trolling you gentlemen. We're grooming you and egging you on to give us something interesting to fight.

Awesome post, totally something they will believe

#107 Aylward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 606 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:35 PM

Someone needs to change the title of this thread to "Don't feed the Trolls" and lock it.

#108 Amberlance

• PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:29 AM

Don't wait until problems pile up and cause a lot of trouble before trying to solve them. Leaders must march ahead of the movement, not lag behind it.

#109 A 143

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 25 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:30 AM

considering the clan invasion is a long way off. the bigest threat to house davion at the moment would easily be lyrian scouting lances (actualy i take that back that right there is a royal pain in the arse no matter who you are)..... and maybe well organised capellans.

#110 Syro

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 60 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:58 AM

View PostA 143, on 23 June 2012 - 05:30 AM, said:

considering the clan invasion is a long way off. the bigest threat to house davion at the moment would easily be lyrian scouting lances (actualy i take that back that right there is a royal pain in the arse no matter who you are)..... and maybe well organised capellans.

13 August 3049 - Phelan Kell captured by Vlad [Ward] on The Rock.

If we stick to canon, the first recognized clan encounter is les than two months off, 6 days after Injection Day.

#111 Hykelion

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:18 AM

View PostSyro, on 23 June 2012 - 05:58 AM, said:

13 August 3049 - Phelan Kell captured by Vlad [Ward] on The Rock.

If we stick to canon, the first recognized clan encounter is les than two months off, 6 days after Injection Day.

http://www.sarna.net...i/Clan_Invasion
The periphery takes a hard hit in August and September, then Wave 1 is set for midway through next year.

The trick being that the Inner Sphere won't know it is the clans. Initial speculation will be anything from aliens to pirates. The news that its actually the SLDF returned shouldn't hit until 3050 or 3051.

#112 Lupine

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:56 PM

Oh great someone taught them how to make mechs ...now we're all dead

Posted Image

#113 Beo Vulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 739 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationHalsey, NE

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:44 PM

I hope you lyrans pansiesremember an Atlas named Ragnarok. Because I'm baaaaack.

#114 Hykelion

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:30 PM

View PostA 143, on 23 June 2012 - 05:30 AM, said:

View PostBeo Vulf, on 23 June 2012 - 01:44 PM, said:

I hope you lyrans pansiesremember an Atlas named Ragnarok. Because I'm baaaaack.

Please remember that the Lyrans are supposed to be on friendly terms with us until the FedCom Civil War many, many years from now. Our major concerns are the remains of the wedding gift that we'll be referring to as 'The Capellans', and those Draconis Combine nutjobs.

#115 Syro

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 60 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:34 AM

Please remember that the Lyrans are supposed to be on friendly terms with us until the FedCom Civil War many, many years from now. Our major concerns are the remains of the wedding gift that we'll be referring to as 'The Capellans', and those Draconis Combine nutjobs

Yeah, really we should only have to worry about 2 fronts, but it depends on how sandbox the Community Warefare metagame is. If it doesn't enforce cannon, we culd find ourselves being targetted by all of the houses right off (well, maybe second. FRR won't survive the combined assaults from LCAF and DCMS). If cannon is enforced, we'll need a token garrison along the Capellan border, and concentration of everything else along the Dragon border.

Then again, if cannon isn't enforced that well, and we hold out until the clans come, then we, the capellans, and FWL can team up and take the "North" pretty easily. That could be fun....

#116 Jack Gallows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:14 AM

Really depends on how we're able to make alliances or what not, if we're able to actually play with any of the Lyrans. I'm going to assume right now that we can't and that it really is 5 nations against each other instead of us and the Lyrans working together in the FedCom, but I guess a bit of communication with them could make a defacto Commonwealth.

And if not, the Dracs and the Lyrans can hold off the Clans while we and the FWL dominate the Capellans (if we haven't done so already.)

#117 Bastard Ken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:26 AM

All reactionaries are paper tigers. In appearance, the reactionaries are terrifying, but in reality they are not so powerful. From a long-term point of view, it is not the reactionaries but the people who are really powerful.

#118 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:52 AM

Lets keep things a little more on topic and a little less coffee table philosophy folks.

#119 Vandal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:03 AM

Boasts are useless, the most grievous mistake the Davion forces could possibly make is to underestimate the Word of Lowtax backed Capellan Confederation. That suits us just fine.

Green Flag Rising.

Edited by Vandal, 26 June 2012 - 10:07 AM.

#120 Damberville

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationDallas Tx

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:43 AM

Bored.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users