#481 Guido

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 450 posts
  • LocationOne battlefield or another

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:09 PM

View PostGwaihir, on 12 August 2013 - 01:35 PM, said:

Ahahahaha, manually desynching the firing of Gauss rifles and PPCs, that is absolutely great.

Seriously, has no one considered that they're fine without all this artificial messing around, and that they just need their numbers changed to be balanced sniper weapons?

If it was absolutely fine and balanced to have them work without any ghost heat, crazy convergence, cone of fire, or "Manual desynchronization" in MW:LL, why won't it work for MW:O? I've yet to hear any good reasoning on this point.

e: For real, because this is getting in to serious and utter comedy time: Why would you waste precious, precious programming time on something that would be an utter non-issue with perhaps 5 number changes in one XML file, at most? Roll back the PPC projectile speed buff, to something other than the exact same speed as a Gauss slug. Drop PPC RoF to 5 seconds. Anything like that would be better than this. Literally anything.

I don't know if this has been responded to, but while I'm against Sniperwarriors as much as any other person who actually likes doing more than merely pitching a proverbial tent and racking up an inflated K/D, mentioning MW:LL as a base is a bit of a far stretch. MW:LL was balanced because of the complete removal of mech customization (the only Mechwarrior game to do so). If MWO did the same, we wouldn't encounter the high-damage alpha strikers and boats that prevail in MWO right now. A blatant example of "just changing the numbers" is the LRM balancing.

LRMs have had more balances than any other weapon to date, because in boats they overwhelm the AMS that is supposed to help protect the player from it. LRMs traveled the spectrum from OP to useless twice and had at least 4 flight path changes since closed beta in June 2012. They nearly dropped off the face of the earth when ECM came out in November 2012, and only the greater variety of mechs available and the veteran players (who are the most likely to carry ECM mechs) being bored of piloting the ECM mechs has made LRMs viable again, which you can trace to the last 3-4 months.

I could provide quite a few examples of indirect changes influencing weapon balance, from the release of modules to mechs, that affect the overall gameplay. I like that they are focusing on both sides of the outlier weapons now, increasing staple energy weapon balance, while reigning in over-powered weapon systems, but until PGI manages to balance the mechs themselves properly, the weapons are just going to go into a continuous cycle of overpowered/underpowered.

#482 Nooee

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 155 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:59 AM

View PostNiko Snow, on 12 August 2013 - 01:27 PM, said:

Greetings MechWarriors!
You asked and the Devs Answered!
Here's ATD 44!

Question from Solis Obscuri:[color=#959595] Why do you consider the 2xPPC+Gauss high-alpha build which nearly everyone has been using for the last three months a lesser balance problem than firing three Large Lasers or four SRM-4s at the same time?[/color]

Answer from Paul:[color=#959595] The assumption that we think the 2PPC+Gauss is a lesser problem than any of the other high alpha builds, is incorrect. We have looked at what we can do with the build in question and have come up with a plan to de-sync the firing times of PPC and Gauss and keeping the Gauss as a primary long-range weapon. More information on this will be made available as soon as we get the feature ready to test.[/color]

So now you will nerf another Hero mech even worse then all of the Nerfs combined that have affected it making it totally useless. The Heavy Metal is turning into the most useless mech in the game while being the most expensive (disappointed).

Thanks for the consideration.

Since a hero mech is just a different variant of that class it should be able to mount any effective build from that class. The Limits on the Hard points are making various hero mechs not worth buying with MC. I would suggest removing the hard point restrictions on those Hero mech's that are most affected.

Edited by Nooee, 23 August 2013 - 07:00 AM.

#483 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:32 AM

So, did anyone ELSE just see the "Ask the Devs 45 - Answered" post that misS just put up? I clicked the link and immediately got the error screen that shows up when the Devs outright delete a post.

#484 Chronojam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:20 AM

There are plenty of people "Crying" about the desync both immediately after it was proposed, and immediately after it was (more recently) announced.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users