Putting Together A Tier 1 Team For Rhod - Looking For Freelance Competitive Pro Players

14 replies to this topic

#1 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:31 AM

Do you have the urge for high level competitive play, but don't have a team? Feeling bummed out that you might be missing out on the action? Then look no further, because I am offering you a very easy solution WITHOUT JOINING A CLAN/MERC CORP/GUILD!

WHAT IS THIS TALK ABOUT A TIER 1 TEAM?

In my 14 straight months playing MWO, I have come across many very good players, who are running solo or are part of a clan/merc corp, yet they have no current exposure to the competitive scene due to lack of a team. I am going to build a Tier 1 competitive team specifically for RHoD or Last Mech Standing NA divisions, both of which start at the end of this month.

WHAT MAKES ME QUALIFIED TO DO THIS, ANYWAY?

I have been a consistently active MWO player since closed beta and have played since original PC MechWarrior, so you could say I'm a grizzled veteran of the genre. I bring competitive and pug Drop Command experience, as well as capabilities in all mech chassi and play styles. It is what makes me effective in understanding my teammates' duties on the battlefield, as well as tactical awareness.

WHO WILL BE IN THIS TEAM?

The 16 teammates will be made of players who have played a LOT of MWO, have the skills necessary and are team players. They will have competitive mech loadouts mastered, along with all necessary modules needed.

About 8 positions have been already filled with experienced competitive players from my merc corp, {QQ} Mercs. To fill out a consistently solid 12-man, I am looking throughout the community for those players wishing to rise above solo/4-man pug matches to challenge themselves and prove that they have what it takes to take down the small handful of existing Tier 1 teams out there. All players interested will be personally vetted by me to ensure consistent quality of our team.

WHAT KIND OF A COMMITMENT IS REQUIRED?

You are NOT expected to join any merc corp or clan to participate. I am only looking for a commitment of 3 weeknights per week (I will poll for best availability and go with the majority), two nights for practices, plus a third night for our match night, or scrims if no match is to take place. Practices will be held from 8:30PM EDT / 5:30PM PDT until we cannot find any more matches or too many teammates call it a night.

WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE TEAM?

No name has been selected as of yet, but it will surely be one that will earn respect and incite fear into our enemies.

OK, I'M INTERESTED. WHO DO I CONTACT?

You may contact Karpundir directly via PM in this forum. Include your e-mail address in the PM, as that will be the best way for us to communicate as a group.

Edited by Karpundir, 15 August 2013 - 08:28 AM.

#2 GrimlockONE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 599 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:43 AM

Best of wishes Karpundir. Does this mean QQ is not going to be entering into RHOD and LMS?

#3 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:56 AM

We already have one full {QQ} team in Marik Civil War right now and they only have time for one league.

I am pulling the old vets from LMS Season 1 who are rejuvenated by the change to 12-mans, along with other game play changes. However, not enough dedicated to the 3 nights per week to have that consistency. Fortunately, some guys I have talked to out there on TS are interested in my concept for this team.

#4 John Clavell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:55 AM

Good luck on this en-devour. It's a pretty cool concept, and it would be extremely fun to see something like this come together.

#5 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:13 AM

Hey, someone has to get those lone wolves organized, right? :)

#6 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:45 AM

We are down to 6 slots left. I'm hoping to have a trial run next week to get this team rolling!

#7 Chavette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:59 AM

I might be interested if I could take a peek at the current roster. Also I'm concerned 16 total for 12 pilot slots with 3 unspecified nights of showing up are needed would spread a team just too thin in numbers showing up.

Oh, and I have a team(as you probably know), they just can't keep me satisfied (:)) and are not participating in the said tourneys as it stands now. Figured its doable as I don't have to join a team I don't have to leave one either?

Edited by Chavette, 15 August 2013 - 07:07 AM.

#8 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:09 AM

View PostChavette, on 15 August 2013 - 06:59 AM, said:

I might be interested if I could take a peek at the current roster. Also I'm concerned 16 total for 12 pilot slots with 3 unspecified nights of showing up are needed would spread a team just too thin in numbers showing up.

Oh, and I have a team(as you probably know), they just can't keep me satisfied ( :)) and are not participating in the said tourneys as it stands now. Figured its doable as I don't have to join a team I don't have to leave one either?

Hey, Chavette.

I have found that padding the numbers a bit will guarantee you aren't short players when you actually need 12. Just like in any team sport, you need alts in case you have players who can't make it out to a practice and matches. Due to IRL needs, people come and go, so even if there was a wait, it would be short and I would encourage swaps after a few drops, so we would be able to rotate through the waiting list regularly and everyone will still get sufficient playtime with minimal downtime.

As for drop nights, they will be set in stone with a specific time, which will largely depend on what we all agree upon. At the current time, I am thinking of Monday and Wednesday nights, with matches on Thursdays, but if the majority want a different night, then I am open to that, too.

The sign-ups to date will have at least a couple of names you may recognize from forums or in your various drops:

Jman5
Homeless Bill
Noober
Qmoney7
Rotorymaniac
HC Harlequin
Blackgodzilla
Eskorakus
Chowda
BadKarma1775
MechSaint

I'm pending on a couple of others right now, but these are the ones who have indicated a commitment level.

AND yes... you don't need to leave your current group to partake in this team. There are quite a few people out there in the same boat as yourself and I understand your pain, which is why I created this initiative. Just make sure it is cool with your leadership/teammates that you are considering this and I want to be clear that I am not looking to poach players from another group.

#9 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:21 AM

I'm out of country for about week more now, other than that, you can sign me up.

View PostKarpundir, on 15 August 2013 - 08:09 AM, said:

Just make sure it is cool with your leadership/teammates that you are considering this and I want to be clear that I am not looking to poach players from another group.

They don't really tell me what to do... even though I love them, if they don't like it, its their problem.

#10 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:46 AM

We should start building a healthy ego and name this incentive "MWO T1 Quickscope All-Stars", I really wanna be wrecking havoc in T minus 4 days... lol... so bored without comp. :(

(ultra hidden bump)

#11 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:53 PM

I feel the same way, Chavette. Dropping without purpose is boring as hell.

Stay posted for an update on first meeting. I am waiting on a few people to confirm commitment after they come back home after the weekend.

#12 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:23 PM

By no comp I meant no computer, I'm in the middle of nowhere till the 21st, and its pretty harsh on me lol.

#13 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:58 PM

Sounds like an interesting idea. I might be up for it but practices are probably too early for most West Coast players.

View PostChavette, on 18 August 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

By no comp I meant no computer, I'm in the middle of nowhere till the 21st, and its pretty harsh on me lol.

Sounds barbaric.

#14 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:37 AM

Hey, Lyoto.

Thanks for your interest. The team might be full now, pending on a confirmation from one of the friendly merc corp neighbours in our Comstar NA TS server. I will keep you posted.

As for practice times, we would be starting at 5:30pm PDT and going until we can't find any matches or attendance runs thin. From past experience, things get quiet around 10-10:30PDT. If we start any later, we won't get much practice time in considering it is only 2x per week.

#15 Sodapop

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:00 PM

This is a great idea, Karpundir, and that is a heckuva lineup you have. Good luck with it, man; I'd be very interested to hear how you guys get on.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users