#42 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:32 AM

View PostManDaisy, on 14 September 2013 - 05:14 AM, said:

What is your best score for this mech build? My best score for my HBK-4G(F) is 800, my HBK-4SP is 559, my HBK-4P is 663. I typically can get above 350-400 points on any given day with any of those configs where my team doesn't get steamrolled.

If you guys are posting your configs, know what kind of score you get during a match using it would be helpful. Of course, the score depends mostly on the pilot and some on your team

#43 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:40 AM

View PostTychoTheItinerant, on 14 September 2013 - 04:02 AM, said:

Question: with the 4SP's lack of a hunch, are XLs an acceptable risk when running a 4SP?

I don't use an XL in any of my Hunchies. tried it a few times, decided my surviveability had suffered so I discontinued their use.

#44 slayerkdm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:24 PM

View PostManDaisy, on 14 September 2013 - 05:14 AM, said:

using something similar. AC2/Ultra5/3smlas. Actually quite fun, I usually drive it with standard AC load out. I have beating my usual games with this goofy set up. Score wise sever games over 700. Not sure what the nerf will do to the Ultras. They need toned down for sure.

#45 Alanim

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:05 AM

This is my current 4G build

HunchDakka

I've been doing amazing with it. It can even brawl with most assaults and win. If they get close I use my smaller mech to face hug them, and their weapons can't accurately converge on my hunch, while I widdle away their body.

Posted Image

All other gun ports are left empty for more dakka, most don't even realize what they're getting hit by.

XL255 because if you lose the hunch you might aswell be dead anyway.

Build has very little heat issues once you put on double heatsinks.

AC/2 fire rate is ping hampered from what I've read, so you might not want to do this build if your ping is above 100.

Some stats
Weapon Matches Fired Hit Accuracy Time Equip. Damage
AC/2 78 19,277 10,896 56.52% 06:53:05 21,840
Mech' Matches Played Wins Losses Ratio Kills Deaths Ratio Damage Done XP Earned Time Played

HUNCHBACK HBK-4G 53 31 22 1.41 49 37 1.32 19,276 29,810
04:47:56

Not the best, but I just VERY recently got it to where I wanted it to be.

Edited by Alanim, 15 September 2013 - 12:26 AM.

#46 slayerkdm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:18 PM

I'm having a bunch of fun with my Founders G trying out dakka builds. With the coming change to the Ultra 5, Im trying to decide between AC2/AC5, AC2/Ultra5 or 2xAC2/3Mlas or 3xAC2. So many decisions.

#47 Alanim

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:19 PM

View Postslayerkdm, on 15 September 2013 - 12:18 PM, said:

I'm having a bunch of fun with my Founders G trying out dakka builds. With the coming change to the Ultra 5, Im trying to decide between AC2/AC5, AC2/Ultra5 or 2xAC2/3Mlas or 3xAC2. So many decisions.

Triple AC/2 and never look back. Blind your foes with your almighty dakka, blind yourself as well. Dakka treats everyone equally. More Dakka = More Better. 3 AC/2 = Highest Dakka = Best.

I hope this lesson has taught you something, now go, and dakka.

#48 RavensScar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 219 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:50 AM

View PostAlanim, on 15 September 2013 - 04:19 PM, said:

Triple AC/2 and never look back. Blind your foes with your almighty dakka, blind yourself as well. Dakka treats everyone equally. More Dakka = More Better. 3 AC/2 = Highest Dakka = Best.

I hope this lesson has taught you something, now go, and dakka.

I tried a 3 x AC2 4G way back, and found it to be almost useless. Has it become more viable recently, or is it just an acquired taste?

#49 slayerkdm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

View PostRavensScar, on 16 September 2013 - 11:50 AM, said:

I tried a 3 x AC2 4G way back, and found it to be almost useless. Has it become more viable recently, or is it just an acquired taste?

I think with a lessoning of high alpha builds, its more viable. Its a fun alternative to me right now. I'm trying out several builds, using the Ultra and AC2's. Definitely a different play style. I find it a pretty weak brawler. What I have enjoyed is the added range my traditional AC20 build lacked, and I loved my AC20 build.

#50 Alanim

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:15 PM

View PostRavensScar, on 16 September 2013 - 11:50 AM, said:

Well the trick for the AC/2 build is to DEDICATE to the AC/2. Lasers produce too much heat and are not worth it, and will make you fire the AC/2 less.

You should spend the first half of your ammo playing a harasser/sniper role, softening up the targets. Once you get down to leg ammo/little bit of LT ammo left is when you want to start brawling, get some close range action in.

Don't be afraid of wasting ammo. It's near impossible to waste it all while just shooting at targets.

I'm leveling the single ballistic hunchback right now and I can't quite exactly say I'm enjoying the AC/20 compared to be AC/2. I find my damage is less then half of my 4G, and requires lasers to augment the damage.

On the plus side the AC/20 is amazing for accidental kill stealing.

#51 Whiteagle

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:25 AM

View PostReslin, on 05 September 2013 - 06:24 AM, said:

My only concern with your build is that the standard 200 engine is a bit slow for this meta. Perhaps you can try moving things around/changing things up in order to give it a bit more speed? Just my 2cents.

Well that's why I've named the build "HalfBack," it's suppose to stick towards the rear with the Supports and Laser Lightshow any flanking Lights that think our missleboats are free game for kiteing.
I'm not much of a Close-range Brawler, so slow speed helps keep me out of the front line fight anyways.
Even when I can go fast, I usually end up getting stuck on a finicky bit of terrain and nuked while trying to get off...
So yeah, speed isn't my thing...

Also, it turns out I was missing some armor due to a misplaced Medium Pulse Laser, so here is my revised HalfBack build, including a recent change to distribution to account for the AMS apparently being included in the Left Rear Armor hitbox...

View PostAlanim, on 15 September 2013 - 12:05 AM, said:

This is my current 4G build

HunchDakka

I've been doing amazing with it. It can even brawl with most assaults and win. If they get close I use my smaller mech to face hug them, and their weapons can't accurately converge on my hunch, while I widdle away their body.

I LIKE!!!

The only thing I would change is switching out the head ammo for a Small Pulse or Medium Laser...
I know you don't like lasers, but if you really are face hugging bigger Mechs it might end up in JUST the right position to blast the cockpit glass.

I like the AC/2 and think it's a rather underrated gun...
Sure it doesn't HIT as hard as the bigger autocannons, but it's got twice the reach than LRMs and just needs a keen eye.

#52 Dekson

Rookie

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSan Jose

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:50 PM

I'm a little late to the party, but wanted to introduce the 4SP I've been playing with for the last couple days: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a93f8d04c0a1bfd

The armor could probably be rearranged a bit and the SRM ammo moved to the legs, but here's the high points.

Plenty of heat management. I'm able to group the Left Arm + Head, Right Arm + Head, and SRMs and typically in a prolonged fight don't worry about heat, except on the really hot maps, then I simply chain fire.

The mech can take a beating and with the small cockpit, head armor typically isn't a concern. It can doll out a serious punch inside of 270m and is great at harassing enemies out to 540m because of the medium lasers.

I haven't got a lot of stats to back this build, but with the speed the 255 provides + speed tweat, it goes 90.9 kph, meaning I can get to and out of fights quickly. I'm able to sneak behind enemy lines with the lights or stick close to an Atlas.

Granted it's not invincible, but it can go toe to toe with most mechs in the weight class and dish out serious punishment to anything that ignores me for very long and by the time they turn to face me, there's 12 SRMs heading for their armor-less CT and they find themselves wishing for an ejector seat.

#53 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:10 AM

HBK-4G "Shotgunback"

Had a great round with this build on River City Night earlier. Started with pounding some random Commando into the ground that tried to rush me, then I snuck around to upper city and wiped out a Dragon trying to battle a light, shotgunned a Catapult on upper, snuck up behind another Dragon and broke his back, then dueled and crushed a Laserback.

Despite running an MPL and 2 SPLs, I can't overheat this thing. I swapped to SPLs from MLs to drop a heat sink for extra LB10 ammo while still being heat stable. But since you aren't running the fastest engine and are built around short range guns, you've got to be a bit of a pitbull. If you jump someone, don't let go and keep firing until he dies.

#54 Redbeard the Elder

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 37 posts
  • LocationChillicothe Ohio

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:03 PM

Right now I'm running a 4H with a UAC5 and two ERLL in the hunch, a MLas in each arm. It's speed tweaked to about 71 KPH. I have fallen in love with the UAC5 lately, good for sniping, great close up and personal. I know that the AC20 is the no-brainer option, but I like the range and rate of fire I get with the UAC5.

#55 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:30 PM

I do not play Hunchbacks (yet!) but I felt the need to add a bump!

Enjoyed reading, looking forward to when I am done with the mechs I am working on and can dedicate some time to the Hunch!

#56 Reslin

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:07 PM

I haven't posted in a long time! Sorry about that guys. I just got back due to some irl issues. Going to check out some of the posts and do some more testing. :)

#57 waterfowl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:31 PM

The only AC20 build as far as I'm concerned :

HBK - 4H

AC20
3 Small lasers
2 Medium Lasers
3 tons ammo
STD 250

Goes 90 with speed tweak and never overheats

Edited by waterfowl, 26 February 2014 - 01:32 PM.

#58 Zimobog2

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:39 PM

I'm admitting a love of the Hunch that goes back to my TT days around age 12... that's 27 years ago. So I'm bumping this thread because so many of the other great HB build posts are outdated and I found this one helpful.

#59 MemeTeam

Rookie

• Moderate Giver
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 01:00 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...6c2c3c3ee8a6072

Hunchback-4G build. this is basically a centurion but for cheap, 1 medium laser, 2 medium lasers, lb10x ac. a zombie style mech

and by cheap i mean cheaper than a cn9

Edited by MemeTeam, 21 January 2016 - 01:03 PM.

#60 Thunderchild

• PipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 49 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 22 January 2016 - 02:13 AM

A Murderback that I had various success with. Time of engagement is the key as it gets fairly hot, but as a support mech or helping our lights deal with their lights... it's on the spot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users