49 replies to this topic

#41 LordDante

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 782 posts
  • Locationmy Wang is aiming at ur rear... torso

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:48 AM

yup let em have a centourion or a huchi for free so the learning is easyier. Btw where is the grind ??? ever played an mmo ??? this so called grind in this game is allmost not there. when i remember AOC (age of conan) Brrr took me a year to get my kithay purple assasin gear THAT WAS GRIND !

#42 M0rpHeu5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 956 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:14 AM

View PostEdson Drake, on 19 August 2013 - 02:41 PM, said:

Oh, I disagree. I think they look better now, but I still prefer straight forward launched missiles. However, the game itself looked much better. I want that look in the game, for God, what the hell happened to the graphics? Makes me kind of wish I was there at closed beta.

I liked them better before becouse they looked more realistic, now they remind me of the missiles in MW3

View Postomegaorgun, on 19 August 2013 - 04:03 PM, said:

So before cryengine what was it? and why was cryengine implemented?

I think it was always cryangine and they just used the updated version from some point and forward. To support this change they removed a lot of animation like ammo explotions, collisons and you see now that the mech standind on an uneven terran seems like it's flying? back then the mech's legs would fit to all terrans.

Edited by M0rpHeu5, 20 August 2013 - 02:15 AM.

#43 ROJ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationDubai

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:46 AM

PGI should focus on producing a quality game instead of focusing on content creation..

The game will launch in mid September and so far it looks like a huge mess, that it is really hard to believe that they will managed to get it launch ready within less than month.

So many bugs, glitches, broken bits and too much coding needed that could potentially add more bugs that require more testing. Needles to say, coming up with random features in an improvised fashion, at this stage, does not look good at all.
Unless they are working from behind the scenes but have such poor PR skills to actually communicate to the players and community, in a mature fashion, that this game is getting somewhere good.

PGI, you give off the vibe that you lack proper planning or direction by doing this so dont be surprised from all the negative vibe among the MWO communities. Kindly, elaborate and clarify where this game is going.

This is the first MW game in almost a decade and we are hoping it will be a genuine one and you make it seem like you are rushing it and making room for messing it up.

I hope you prove me wrong.

Edited by ROJ, 20 August 2013 - 02:46 AM.

#44 Naginata

• PipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:29 AM

View PostM0rpHeu5, on 19 August 2013 - 07:58 AM, said:

I totaly agree with the OP, I beleave that this game began the going down the hill after the cry engine update. Check how beatifull it used to look while being light with the PC (I used to run it in very hight settings but now i run it on low)

Also look at 1:27 how good the LRM use to look, Awesome

I agree ...
I want back THIS game.
Still can remember how realy nice and darn beatifull it looked at full specs.
Not possible anymore.

I don´t know anything about creating or coding a game,
but if I compare this (at the current state) to any other game that uses the Cryengine 3 ....
Well .... c´mon.

I don´t understand why my FPS are droping if I face 8 Mechs at the same time ...
I face 40+ players in Planetside and nothing happens to my framerate.

Unfortunately what keeps me hooked to it is, that I simply do love Mechwarrior/Battletech soooo
much and waited sooo Long for someone to pick up the title.

My faith in PGI is not lost ... a lttle shaken but not lost.
As I statet in another post "C´mon PGI ... you can do better"

Just my 2 cents

Edited by Naginata, 20 August 2013 - 03:36 AM.

#45 M0rpHeu5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 956 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:04 AM

View PostNaginata, on 20 August 2013 - 03:29 AM, said:

Unfortunately what keeps me hooked to it is, that I simply do love Mechwarrior/Battletech soooo
much and waited sooo Long for someone to pick up the title.

My faith in PGI is not lost ... a lttle shaken but not lost.
As I statet in another post "C´mon PGI ... you can do better"

Just my 2 cents

I totaly understand, i am a mechwarrior funboy too

#46 Ensaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOn a frozen rock .....

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:35 AM

Personally, I'm here for Mechwarrior, I could care less about PGI. Just so happens, PGI is/was bringing back one of my favorite IP's .....

This is my first and last kickstarter as well. I got in the CB, and saw enough that I felt $60, the price of a boxed game, was a good investment.
This was when 3PV was OFF the table, a strong NO from the dev's. Along with many things that have radically changed.

I truly have lost a great amount of faith in this dev team. If I were considering a purchase now, I don't feel I'd pony up. Just too many core issues/bugs that this team seems to not know how to fix, or they'd have fixed these things by now.

Also, I'm quite sure that this teams handling of this game, and it's community, will reflect on their next project. I'm guessing they may not be considering that.

Not that I alone would have an impact, but, due to the absolute and complete failure that was Star Wars: The Old Republic, I won't look at another EA title ever again, and if those 2 ***** sell out doctors from Bioware ever resurface in this industry, same for them. In that game, I was in their CB, watched tons of good bug reports/suggestions over time, and WHAM, the MMO the good doctor's thought would rival WoW, ended up going down in flames, to a F2P shadow of what it once was supposed to be.

Here we are.... again? I think so.

I still love Mechwarrior, but, at this point, I would rather have an RPG version with some Multiplayer like MW4, than this money driven, lackluster entity thinly veiled as a computer game.

What amazes me, is that IF and WHEN they do fix a few core issues, so much of this negative diatribe on these forums would die down, and people would begin again to be excited about this game. The dev's SHOULD recognize this, yet, we still have not seen these fixes. This tells me that it's a competence issue. What dev team would not, by this time, finally say to themselves, 'time to dish out some STHU, and fix these issues NOW', and deploy a major fix patch, well thought out, and well tested. Not these guys for one.

Don't even get me started on the C-Bills nerf. I've been here awhile, and have what I need/want in inventory, but, the new players basically got a brick wall dropped on them. The dev's say that other rewards will offset this drop off.....so WHY deploy the nerf, and NOT the offset? WHY gain angst from most of your playerbase?

I feel it was a ploy to just stick it to us, plain and simple. Here it is, take it, love it. Hate us for it. It's still happening. Only after finding both cheeks in their own hands, do they weakly imply that there is offset income coming. Yeah, right.

Good job. This dev team must like having the bullseye on them. Which is also concerning, or baffling, I'm not sure.

Edited by Ensaine, 20 August 2013 - 05:39 AM.

#47 POWR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 553 posts
  • LocationAarhus, Denmark

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:47 AM

View PostM0rpHeu5, on 20 August 2013 - 02:14 AM, said:

I think it was always cryangine and they just used the updated version from some point and forward. To support this change they removed a lot of animation like ammo explotions, collisons and you see now that the mech standind on an uneven terran seems like it's flying? back then the mech's legs would fit to all terrans.
The animating legs when they're on terrain is referred to as "inverse kinematics" and was killing performance on lowspec machines in its implementation. It's something they'll bring back.
Collisions were not removed because of the updated version of Cryengine, but because they were buggy as hell and needed a bunch of changes to the netcode to work.

Please try to be factual. if you want to cast doubt and shame around with a signature like that, you should at least live up to it yourself, don't you think?

Edited by POWR, 20 August 2013 - 06:50 AM.

#48 CenturionRedux

• Pip
  • The Scythe
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:46 AM

Played Closed beta, stopped for 4 months came back this month. -tons of new mechs. Controls are way smoother. Frame rates are way better. New maps. Weapons seem better balanced, ACs actually work now. Im sorry whats the issue?

#49 Kaldor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:12 AM

Im an old school Mechwarrior player. Started with Mechwarrior 1 on a 286, ugh, those were the days. Played 2, 3 and 4. Never played Living Legends as I was too cheap to buy that pile of crap that was Crysis, lol.

Anyways, I was really excited when the original video popped up for Mechwarrior 5 a number of years back. Then didnt hear anything for the longest time. The MWO popped up, and signed up for beta right away. After waiting for a beta invite, I decided to buy in for $120 so I could get into the beta last June if I remember right.

The number one problem PGI has with MWO is the fact they do not communicate with their player base effectively. At first the devs were responsive, and would post on the beta forms with pretty good frequency. Now we get crap like:

Russ Bullock on Twitter: look happy to listen to your concerns but your on a bit of an island there bud the game is in the best state to date...

Or at the end of closed beta when Russ basically dissed all the closed beta testers saying that we were jaded, etc. Thanks again man. It would have went much better if the CB testers were actually given specific things to test and give feedback on. We gave plenty of feedback, but never were listened to.

Another example is the "Ask the Devs". They can now cherry pick the questions that are voted on by the masses. And then the answers that are given are so incredibly vague. These guys would make great politicians...

PGI does what PGI wants to do. Dont bother addressing the things that are a 5 minute change in an XML file. Instead put stupid complex crap in that is like putting a bandaid on a sucking chest wound. Or let it ride for months on end until the community is so f_cking p_issed off that they are leaving by the thousands. See SRM damage buff as an example. See PPC meta that is still thriving. See ELO that does not work. See arbitrary 4 man groups. See lack of weight matching. I could put more crap up, but I think Ive made my point.

Balance is something they will never achieve imply because they are not taking good suggestions from the community and seriously looking into them. Or maybe they are, but they are immediately discounted and scrapped. You have to believe that some developer that works for PGI sees these posts on the forums, thinks some of them might be great, brings them to the table, and gets shot down time after time. After awhile the devs get jaded, and just go with the flow, and we end up with more of the same.

All that is happening is that they driving their long time paying customers away. You know, the players that invested in the closed beta. The guys that drop money on MC. You know, the guys that actually have decent paying jobs, and have money to spend. These guys are leaving. Once they are gone, its very likely they wont be back. Instead they are banking on fly by night players that come in, play for free for a little bit, and never spend anything.

Im one of those guys. I have a decent job and some disposable income. I have played Mechwarrior for years. I have put $220 into this game. I thought about putting money into Phoenix, but thats all its been, is a thought. I can tell you one thing with great certainty, I took a couple months off during the ECM debacle, when SRMs were gutted, and when PPCs became the norm. The next time I quit, Ill be gone for good. I can spend my money elsewhere.

I know for a fact that anyone that is in an organized unit has seen their active membership drop like a rock in the last 6-8 months. I know the FWLM Teamspeak regularly had 100+ people on it around the 1st of the year, now we might have 20 at best. We have units that are shut down in their entirety. Its understandable there will be some turnover, but we are looking at hundreds of people just quitting because they dont want to play anymore just from our little corner of the internet.

Promises were made. PGI has not delivered. Their so called "agile development" they are using reminds me of something that I wrote on the back of a bar napkin at 1:30 AM after a hard night of drinking.

If this all tells you one thing, its that PGI is failing.

#50 KingCobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:16 AM

View PostExilicus, on 18 August 2013 - 10:29 AM, said:

The new player experience without a doubt is the single greatest problem MWO faces, and PGI continues to make it WORSE without any real explanation. The Cbill nerf, the heat changes etc are all unnecessary changes that have done nothing but make the game over-complicated and hopeless feeling for new players, simply no explanation for the direction this game has taken, improving the new player experience should be PRIORITY 1 for PGI and its clearly the opposite.

I agree with the OP and many others about MWO and attribute what MWO is to the lack of experience of the DEVS in PC MechWarrior game IP's/BT/TT. The new player experience should be like reading a great novel you just don't want to put down the novel until its finished you have this deep desire to see what the final chapter has to say. MWO is just not like that there is no BIG HOOK for new players to get caught by. A Character creator linked to experiences in the BT/MechWarrior world inside your mech and without would have been that huge hook as in a tutorial and PVE/AI missions to get started. Then moving into a sandbox easy mode trial mech only PVP. Then from there playing in the MM under harder conditions solo or with teams. Then from there joining a InnerSphere or Clan unit to play in private tournaments and leagues. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users