Can We Get A Scale Comparison For The Project Pheonix Mechs?

21 replies to this topic

#21 Gandalfrockman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:26 AM

View PostViktor Drake, on 19 August 2013 - 11:20 PM, said:

As for the Pheonix Package, I have a feeling we are going to see the same thing. Locust might be new but from the look of the models, I think we might get the Hunchback skeleton for the Shadow Hawk which is a great thing. I also think we are going to get the Awesome Skeleton for the Thunderbolt as I can't think of any other reason for the concept art to be that wide. This is really bad. Lastly I think we will get the Victor skeleton for the Battlemaster which will be fine.

None of that is fine.
It lazy, its half-assed, and it hurts the balance of the game, and the uniqueness of each mech.
If it were coincidental, and they just realize when they are putting it together that another skeleton fits, that's one thing, but that clearly isn't the case. They are wedging skeletons and animations from other mechs in where they dont belong either because they are lazy, or because they are short handed.

If you arent going to do it right, DONT DO IT.
Seriously, we have PLENTY of mechs, stop making mechs for a while, and put the artists to work fixing the old mechs and working on other assets.

#22 oldradagast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:12 AM

The Unicron video link was a nice touch and probably an accurate representation of the scale of the medium mech in the Phoenix package.

Now, take a look at the Quickdraw. Notice the horns... Unicron also has horns. Clearly, they modeled the "lightest" heavy after the transforming Chaos Bringer. Of course, this is Open Beta, so you don't get Orson Well's voice warnings when playing in a Quickdraw.

Edited by oldradagast, 20 August 2013 - 08:15 AM.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users