8 replies to this topic

#1 Taemien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,576 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:43 PM

With Community Warfare slowing bearing down, I believe its about time for me to come out of retirement.

First, a little bit about me. I've been playing MechWarrior on and off for the last 15 or so years. I started playing in a multiplayer environment in MechWarrior 3 and Pirates Moon. I played through all three iterations of MechWarrior 4 as well as MechWarrior: Living Legends.

As for prior units I was in the Davion Heavy Guards (In those days I went by the callsign 'Parias') for MechWarrior 3 and 4. Much of my time spent there was as the XO in charge of league affairs both Planetary and Ladder. In MWLL I was briefly in TLL and FS for a planetary league that never got off the ground.

I prefer the Heavy and Light weight classes of mechs. I typically run a scout or harassing role in lights and a fire support role in heavies. But I can perform in any role that needs to be done (typically scout or fire support while pugging as those roles are often vacant). Looking to get into some medium mechs once I rack up enough cbills to purchase and outfit them.

If I have any strong points its in my personal responsibility. I don't like to blame glitches, imbalances, PUGs, or enemies (tactics, loadouts, or whathaveyou) for losses. Instead I look at what I could have done differently or what the group (premade lance) could have done. I don't believe in berating teammates as that doesn't get you anywhere, instead I'm a bit stubborn and like to keep trying till its done right. Training only makes people better.

I'm pretty unorthodox when it comes to approaching a situation and like to think outside the box. I look at current trends and seek ways to counter them. If everyone's using tons of PPCs, I like to find ways to stick it to them. I don't like boating and prefer mixed loadouts when possible and feasible (not opposed to loading up lasers on a Jenner mind you).

I'm a teamplayer first and foremost and not opposed to running scrimmages and training to better the whole. K/D ratios and W/L ratios don't mean much to me other than a personal statistic. I'm not going to go out of my way to 'get the kill' or do something stupid like run in guns ablazing (unless of course thats part of the plan lol, and a 300XL in a 35tonner helps too).

Don't mind joking around and having a good time in voice chat, though of course when its during a drop its business. Here to play the game, make friends, and form teams.

Second, a bit about what I am looking for in a unit. Obviously a Davion based unit as we are of course the best of the best in the Inner Sphere. I'm looking for a unit with like-minded ideals. One that can have fun, but get to business when its time for a drop. A unit whose members like me will take personal responsibility and doesn't make excuses like glitches, PUGs, or dev fixes. The game is the game and we make whats best with it.

My playtimes can vary widely. I'm available pretty much every day of the week except on Thursdays (though may show up late nights then). I'm looking for a unit that runs groups during the east coast prime time mostly. About between 7-10pm EDT/EST. Though units able to field groups later than that in addition is a big plus.

For voice chat I have a Headset and Mic and can use it. I prefer Teamspeak or Mumble, but I'm not opposed to using Ventrilo. Since I have the equipment and software, I'd prefer a unit that uses them too.

Even though I've got leadership experience from prior MechWarrior games I'd prefer to stay in a member role rather than a Company Commander or Lance Leader one. At least until I get a feel for running organized drops. Right now its just been 1-2 of my buddies at a time and its been pretty casual. Pretty sure most units don't have new members lead drops anyway so this shouldn't be an issue.

As for activity and size, something moderately large. I'd like to be able to login during those peak times or even a little later and have a couple of drops going. I'm looking to get my game on and get reacquainted with organized drops. Its been a long time and I'd like to hit the ground running.

If you think I'm a good fit for your unit leave a message below. Also if you could I'd like to speak with a representative either in a chat or voice chat before applying, so any contact info to get in touch would be great.

#2 BigTrak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 139 posts
  • LocationNorniron

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:56 PM

Hey Taemien,

Welcome home, imho you have come out of retirement at a pretty exciting time! (12v12, CW, launch etc).

I think you would fit in well with most of the established House Davion Units. I have pm'd you info on C4 and would be happy to chat to you on TS anytime.

In fact, jump on the House Davion TS channel sometime (address in sig) there are many Davion Units on there so you could talk and do some drops with a couple of groups

HTH and see you on the battlefield!
/Trak

#3 Azkor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 116 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:50 AM

If you are interested FS is still recruiting players, we are currently in the "get to know you phase" until a more structured league/ ladder system comes into play. Feel free to just message me or if you are interested in joining just register real quick on our website www.fedsuns.com , I think you would fit in well with our current members, hope to hear back from you soon.

Edited by Azkor, 20 August 2013 - 08:58 AM.

#4 Predatorsd

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:39 PM

+1 for C4, stop by any time.

#5 Fantastic Ergo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 242 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWolf City, Arc-Royale

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:27 PM

+1 C4 Fun unit and a pleasure to be around.

#6 BigTrak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 139 posts
  • LocationNorniron

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:09 AM

Thanks Ergo and likewise for HHoD, we have had a couple of fun drops with you guys recently!

Are HHoD doing anything for the official MWO launch?

#7 Aylward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 606 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:00 AM

View PostBigTrak, on 13 September 2013 - 01:09 AM, said:

Thanks Ergo and likewise for HHoD, we have had a couple of fun drops with you guys recently!

Are HHoD doing anything for the official MWO launch?

We have a handful of guys going to the launch event.. Nothing special planned for the "Launch date" yet though other than 1 C-bill steiner ales at the Silver Swan that night.

#8 BigTrak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 139 posts
  • LocationNorniron

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:14 AM

View PostAylward, on 13 September 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

We have a handful of guys going to the launch event.. Nothing special planned for the "Launch date" yet though other than 1 C-bill steiner ales at the Silver Swan that night.

Maybe I'll get some of the C4 guys up for an ale or two and maybe some 12v12 drops for sh*ts and giggles?

Kinda get the feeling the official lauch is going to be a wee bit underwhelming on its own...

#9 Phoo Phighter

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:57 PM

Hey 'Parias'. I remember you...was the Heavy Guards back in the MW4 days. Nice to see you. :) I'm in HHOD, but usually in the looking for group, group on the Davion server.

Edited by Phoo Phighter, 21 September 2013 - 06:10 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users