#savemwo Community Town Hall #3

267 replies to this topic

#21 Sybreed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,199 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:44 AM

View PostRG Notch, on 22 August 2013 - 10:34 AM, said:

I've never been opposed to the general goals of this movement. I just have had issues with how it was handled and who was running it. My issues are far less important than the idea behind it. I still think you need more outreach and advertising if you truly want it to be inclusive. Saying everyone is invited but not bothering to go find people outside units isn't the same thing as actually representing all types of players. I'd suggest a few mentions in those hot topic feedback threads if you want some traction.

Fair points, I can agree with that.

#22 Werewolf486 ScorpS

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSinsinnati Ohio

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:03 AM

What time is this Town Hall meeting set for est?

#23 fil5000

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationInternet County, USA

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:43 PM

View PostHeffay, on 22 August 2013 - 10:28 AM, said:

I find it hard to believe that Anders speaks for all 1500 members of Lowtax, or that Durkan and Kerbango speak for all 1000 members of Last Mech Standing.

Or that Last Mech Standing has 1000 members, when the forum has under 200 registered members.

There are goons who play this game who aren't part of WoL. If a goon doesn't want anders speaking for them, they're not in WoL. Hard as you may find it to believe, we've found that an autocracy works pretty well for us.

#24 Texas Merc

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:18 PM

If I may, I would like one of the topics tonight to be not how 3PV was implemented or what advantages/disadvantages a player may gain from it in a combined queue, but rather how we were blatantly misled by the guys running the show.

#25 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:36 PM

View Postfil5000, on 22 August 2013 - 12:43 PM, said:

There are goons who play this game who aren't part of WoL. If a goon doesn't want anders speaking for them, they're not in WoL. Hard as you may find it to believe, we've found that an autocracy works pretty well for us.

Right. So there aren't 1500 Lowtax members who have problems with 3PV, and those numbers are just used to inflate the totals in an attempt to generate legitimacy. Although sadly, it does the exact opposite.

#26 Stalkerr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 404 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:44 PM

View PostHeffay, on 22 August 2013 - 01:36 PM, said:

Right. So there aren't 1500 Lowtax members who have problems with 3PV, and those numbers are just used to inflate the totals in an attempt to generate legitimacy. Although sadly, it does the exact opposite.

I got unit counts from each of the unit leaders and did my best to verify the counts (I actually decreased the numbers somewhat on certain claims, because they were obviously off). Besides, it's not like all 1500 exactly agree on how everything should be addressed... we just agree that something needs to be done to make robots fun again. 3PV isn't even really on the list for me... I just want a more balanced metagame via stat tweaks to weapons and internals.

If there were only 2000 people represented, that's what I would claim. I work with what I've got.

EDIT: Last Mech Standing was difficult to verify, since it's a league, so I just took their word for it. If it's really just 200, I'll adjust the numbers. I just need some verification.

Edited by Stalkerr, 22 August 2013 - 01:46 PM.

#27 Wales Grey

Dark Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 861 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Frigid North

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:02 PM

Hi! I'm poster Wales Grey, and I have made a post on the Reddit with information about the townhall. Please join us if you so desire.

#28 Capt Cole 117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationSeattle Aerospace Defense Command, Terra

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:15 PM

View Postsj mausgmr, on 22 August 2013 - 05:35 AM, said:

For anyone interested in doing some alternative mechwarrior action as proposed in earlier #savemwo meetings, go to this link to find out how to install and play MWLL for free, with very simple easy to follow steps.

https://docs.google....0PG0CDRs2M/edit

Thank you, installing now.

#29 KhanHeir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:35 PM

View PostAnders, on 20 August 2013 - 06:52 PM, said:

#30 Julian Huxley

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:48 PM

Having come this far kicking and screaming, 6 months too late, why not just take a long break.
Are you really this desperate or have you tacitly agreed you love the pain?

Problems don't always have solutions, sometimes you just need to take a hike.

Am I a pessimist or have you no self respect? Pick one.

#31 mrcrazymonkey

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:55 PM

Good luck, I'm going to sign this after the latest patch.

Edited by mrcrazymonkey, 22 August 2013 - 02:57 PM.

#32 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:02 PM

View PostStalkerr, on 22 August 2013 - 01:44 PM, said:

I got unit counts from each of the unit leaders and did my best to verify the counts (I actually decreased the numbers somewhat on certain claims, because they were obviously off). Besides, it's not like all 1500 exactly agree on how everything should be addressed... we just agree that something needs to be done to make robots fun again. 3PV isn't even really on the list for me... I just want a more balanced metagame via stat tweaks to weapons and internals.

If there were only 2000 people represented, that's what I would claim. I work with what I've got.

EDIT: Last Mech Standing was difficult to verify, since it's a league, so I just took their word for it. If it's really just 200, I'll adjust the numbers. I just need some verification.

Go to their website and count the number of registered members. That's a far better estimate than the number they provide.

And seriously... 1500 Lowtax members? I mean seriously?? For reals???

#33 mrcrazymonkey

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:35 PM

View PostHeffay, on 22 August 2013 - 03:02 PM, said:

Go to their website and count the number of registered members. That's a far better estimate than the number they provide.

And seriously... 1500 Lowtax members? I mean seriously?? For reals???

You clearly know nothing about the goon numbers do you?

#34 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:47 PM

View Postmrcrazymonkey, on 22 August 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

You clearly know nothing about the goon numbers do you?

I'm assuming they used the same calculator that Last Mech Standing used to calculate their numbers.

#35 L e x

• PipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 43 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:06 PM

View PostAnders, on 20 August 2013 - 06:52 PM, said:

• jrgong, on behalf of the 25th Marik Militia
  • Durkan and Kerbango, on behalf of Last Mech Standing (~1000 players)

Do you guys even check this information before posting it?

- jrgong is not the leader of the 25th Marik Militia so could not have signed on behalf of the 25th.

- Kerbango signed as a representative of LMS: it's a league. He could not have signed on the behalf of all the units in the league.

#36 Stalkerr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 404 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:08 PM

We had 1800 before we purged the inactives. EVE goons have significantly more numbers than us, though. Where we come from, somethingawful.com, is a massive and active online community for all sorts of things. The number of goons that play video games in an organized fashion is a very small percentage of that, though.

#37 Windies

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,477 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:09 PM

View PostHeffay, on 22 August 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

I'm assuming they used the same calculator that Last Mech Standing used to calculate their numbers.

Me thinks you have no idea about the size of the SA community. I've actually been in some of their WoW guilds because a lot of my real life friends are goons and they had like 2-3 guilds going on one server because they had so many members. Was something like 1,000 members just on one server.

#38 Stalkerr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 404 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:15 PM

View PostLex420, on 22 August 2013 - 04:06 PM, said:

Do you guys even check this information before posting it?

- jrgong is not the leader of the 25th Marik Militia so could not have signed on behalf of the 25th.

- Kerbango signed as a representative of LMS: it's a league. He could not have signed on the behalf of all the units in the league.

I don't have the time to do more than basic fact checking. I trust what folks are telling me is true, unless it can be proven to be otherwise. If several credible folks come to me and tell me that a certain piece of information is wrong and point out what the right information is, I'll be happy to change it. So far, no one has done so (outside of a few mentions in this thread that some numbers might be wrong).

Edited by Stalkerr, 22 August 2013 - 04:16 PM.

#39 Texas Merc

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:26 PM

lol I think if you want a goon invasion, a banner could be put up and it would exceed way over 1500 WoL members. I mean if numbers are all you care about. I care more about the message, even if it was only half a dozen because I care about MW:O

#40 L e x

• PipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 43 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:30 PM

View PostStalkerr, on 22 August 2013 - 04:15 PM, said:

I don't have the time to do more than basic fact checking. I trust what folks are telling me is true, unless it can be proven to be otherwise. If several credible folks come to me and tell me that a certain piece of information is wrong and point out what the right information is, I'll be happy to change it. So far, no one has done so (outside of a few mentions in this thread that some numbers might be wrong).

This didn't require more then basic fact checking. But why bother checking even a little or asking ONE question when you can add names on your list to make it look bigger.

So you're telling me that I have to get Kerbango to tell you that his signature does not represent the opinion of all the units /players in LMS?

And that Murcuri needs to contact you to prove he is the leader of the 25thMM ?

Edited by Lex420, 22 August 2013 - 04:33 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users