#savemwo Community Town Hall #3

267 replies to this topic

#261 Frenchtoastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:38 AM

Oh cool, my mistake then. I was thinking you automatically had a forum account once you had a game account and it took the smaller fraction via accounts that had posted, liked, polled, or otherwise interacted with the forum. Since that's apparently not the case at all, does that mean 525,000 players have gone as far as signing into the forum (after the installation sign-on) and basically lurked?

Do mods get any access to stuff that might either validate or disprove my second paragraph?..or does anyone with a better memory feel like chiming in, because I had no luck with search digging..a mod might have better tools for it ;)

#262 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:50 AM

Sorry, but I don't have any acces to game data. I can neither confirm, nor deny your second paragraph.

#263 Frenchtoastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:31 AM

Did they still have the player counter up during those early stress tests?

Edit: The only info I can find says the game peaked out at around 3000 players during the early stress test. However, this was just before open beta. It would be a lot more interesting to have some well-into-openbeta number.

Edited by Frenchtoastman, 21 September 2013 - 09:07 AM.

#264 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:31 AM

View PostFrenchtoastman, on 21 September 2013 - 08:31 AM, said:

Did they still have the player counter up during those early stress tests?

Edit: The only info I can find says the game peaked out at around 3000 players during the early stress test. However, this was just before open beta. It would be a lot more interesting to have some well-into-openbeta number.

I recall numbers of around 5k on the player counter meter thing.

#265 Windies

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,477 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:34 AM

View PostKraven Kor, on 23 September 2013 - 10:31 AM, said:

I recall numbers of around 5k on the player counter meter thing.

The highest I remember seeing before they dropped the counter was 3572 during one of the stress tests. I could be wrong but I don't remember seeing anything close to 5,000.

#266 Frenchtoastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:57 AM

Thanks for the numbers. I keep thinking I remember it getting up to 4K at times, but I'm pretty foggy. There was a really recent thread between (I think it was) Matt C and a few vets about possible changes to the MatchMaker and it's defineately worth a look if you're in need of a little good news..full of neat ideas and really honest (and largely positive) communication, an all around breath of fresh air.

Edit; I mention the MM thread because it also sounded like these (fingers crossed) changes could easily make the game work more stably even during times of low player numbers..which increases the odds of getting cool things that may divide the playerbase: new game modes, seperate 1pv/3pv ques, lobby with other seperate que options like 1vs1 arena etc..

Edited by Frenchtoastman, 23 September 2013 - 12:05 PM.

#267 Sybreed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,199 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:43 PM

View PostEgomane, on 21 September 2013 - 07:17 AM, said:

Sorry, but your numbers are off.

Of the 526,314 members registered on the forums, nearly 456,000 never posted a single word.
Of the remaining 70.000 only close to 21,000 have 10 or more posts in total.

You can check for yourself (if that function is available to normal members, I do not know that for sure), here:
http://mwomercs.com/...members#filters

cool, cool.

Still, worthless numbers until we know the actual number of ACTIVE players. For all we know, from those 1 300 000 users, only around 20 000 play regularly and actually paid for in-game stuff. In that case, the vocal minority suddenly became a much bigger % of your userbase.

Edited by Sybreed, 24 September 2013 - 06:50 PM.

#268 GetinmyBellah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, USA

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

The fact remains that a very small percentage of any gaming community, let alone MW:O ever visit the forums or social media hubs centered around the game they play. You're all a small herd that's been left behind on an embankment, if you will, yet you continue to act as if you speak for the majority of the playerbase, which simply isn't true. I applaud your efforts as I tend to believe we all want was promised and grow tired of the status quo, but these actions aren't going to influence the developer's, in my personal opinion.

Best of luck, regardless <S>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users