Launch Event Applications - Ends Friday Aug. 23Rd 11:59 Pm Pdt!

92 replies to this topic

#21 borisof007

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area, California

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:32 AM

Still nothing. Anxiously waiting.

#22 ovie

• PipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:42 AM

View PostLoveLost85, on 22 August 2013 - 02:57 PM, said:

:D why couldn't the big party be in Dallas!!!! why oh why!!111!!11

Yes i live in the DFW area, why couldn' it be here :(

View PostScav3ng3r, on 22 August 2013 - 03:46 PM, said:

The answer is obvious, California is nicer than Texas :)

There i nowhere nicer than Texas, esp California which ranks right next to Palestine on my Places I don't want to Live list

#23 DocBach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:24 AM

View Postovie, on 25 August 2013 - 07:42 AM, said:

There i nowhere nicer than Texas, esp California which ranks right next to Palestine on my Places I don't want to Live list

:)

I actually just had a seller approve my counter offer on a house in Oregon. I can't wait to get out of California, but escrow won't close until about a month after the event so I'll still be local if I get an invite.....

#24 CommanderOSIS

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:11 PM

why you dont just crash these things I dont know doc ;)

#25 AceTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • Location春日部市、埼玉県、日本; アメリカ: Arcadia, CA

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:40 PM

SoCal is awesome. Besides parts of Japan, I would stay in SoCal. Can't imagine myself in another state or moving to NorCal

#26 Scav3ng3r

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationFree Worlds League

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:31 PM

View PostAceTimberwolf, on 25 August 2013 - 01:40 PM, said:

SoCal is awesome. Besides parts of Japan, I would stay in SoCal. Can't imagine myself in another state or moving to NorCal

SoCal is the only place you can go from off roading to mountain climbing, to skiing, to surfing all in the same day, and even stop by a lake and get some fishing in.

A lot of people dislike California, but that's because of the politics and not the state itself.

#27 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:07 PM

View PostCommanderOSIS, on 25 August 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

why you dont just crash these things I dont know doc ;)

Its taking place at a club so they probably have bouncers. Getting thrown out on livestream wouldn't be too cool of a time.

#28 Scav3ng3r

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:29 PM

View PostDocBach, on 25 August 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

Its taking place at a club so they probably have bouncers. Getting thrown out on livestream wouldn't be too cool of a time.

Nah, that'd be totally epic, especially if you came dressed up like a mech, amd then threatened to cockpit everyone if they didn't let you in.

#29 CommanderOSIS

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:37 PM

View PostDocBach, on 25 August 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

theyre not going to bounce you. geez...

#30 Kibble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 539 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

Would speak volumes is if at the start of the matches everyone sat back and crossed their arms, refusing to play. No talking just sitting there waiting for the time to run out.

There will be press too. Wonder how embarrassing that would be for PGI.

Edited by Kibble, 25 August 2013 - 03:40 PM.

#31 CommanderOSIS

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:56 PM

so youre advocating ruining a free party with free food drinks and schwag? dumb...

#32 Kibble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 539 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:59 PM

View PostCommanderOSIS, on 25 August 2013 - 03:56 PM, said:

so youre advocating ruining a free party with free food drinks and schwag? dumb...

Not ruining. Making a statement. Ever seen a sit in? Same thing.

In sit-ins, protesters usually seat themselves at a strategic location (inside a restaurant, in a street to block it, in a government or corporate office, and so on). They remain until they are evicted, usually by force, or arrested, or until their requests have been met. Sit-ins have historically been a highly successful form of protest because they cause disruption that draws attention to the protest and by proxy the protesters' cause. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sit-in

Furthermore I am in no way saying to do it or even pushing forward with it. Just mearly stating that if it were to happen it would hopfully show that this game needs to change for the better.

Edited by Kibble, 25 August 2013 - 04:02 PM.

#33 Scav3ng3r

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:01 PM

View PostKibble, on 25 August 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

Would speak volumes is if at the start of the matches everyone sat back and crossed their arms, refusing to play. No talking just sitting there waiting for the time to run out.

There will be press too. Wonder how embarrassing that would be for PGI.

This is a great idea! Come on everyone! Lets all spend our time and money to goto an event to have fun, and then... not!

You know what would be awesome? If PGI didn't invite anyone to the event who has made posts similar to yours! If I get in, I don't want to be stuck on a team with a noob like you who refuses to play, and then lose the match and miss out on a chance to win some phat lewtz.

Edit: If you want to protest so bad, go anyway, and picket outside the Mezzanine and tell everyone how awful PGI is and how unfair they are, and that you want equal rights for.... for.... for... wait, you actually are willing to waste your time to protest a video game?

Edited by Scav3ng3r, 25 August 2013 - 04:03 PM.

#34 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:04 PM

View PostKibble, on 25 August 2013 - 03:59 PM, said:

Not ruining. Making a statement. Ever seen a sit in? Same thing.

In sit-ins, protesters usually seat themselves at a strategic location (inside a restaurant, in a street to block it, in a government or corporate office, and so on). They remain until they are evicted, usually by force, or arrested, or until their requests have been met. Sit-ins have historically been a highly successful form of protest because they cause disruption that draws attention to the protest and by proxy the protesters' cause. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sit-in

Furthermore I am in no way saying to do it or even pushing forward with it. Just mearly stating that if it were to happen it would hopfully show that this game needs to change for the better.
they gave the winners gtx680s for the last event.. if the opposition wants to sit in and let us kill them that'd work for me.

#35 Kibble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 539 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:08 PM

View PostScav3ng3r, on 25 August 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

This is a great idea! Come on everyone! Lets all spend our time and money to goto an event to have fun, and then... not!

You know what would be awesome? If PGI didn't invite anyone to the event who has made posts similar to yours! If I get in, I don't want to be stuck on a team with a noob like you who refuses to play, and then lose the match and miss out on a chance to win some phat lewtz.

Edit: If you want to protest so bad, go anyway, and picket outside the Mezzanine and tell everyone how awful PGI is and how unfair they are, and that you want equal rights for.... for.... for... wait, you actually are willing to waste your time to protest a video game?

Why so hostile? Where did I say I would do it? If I did please point it out to me. Also I fully expect PGI to not pick people who stand up and speak their minds and wish for change. There are many of them on these forums.

If receiving a gift or prize is more important to you than to see a successful game and successful employes having a job to feed their families then by all means I wish you well.

Edited by Kibble, 25 August 2013 - 04:12 PM.

#36 Scav3ng3r

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:10 PM

View PostKibble, on 25 August 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:

Why so hostle? Where did I say I would do it? If I did please point it out to me. Also I fully expect PGI to not pick people who stand up and speak their minds and wish for change. There are many of them on these forums.

That was hostile? I thought I was just speaking my mind. I apologize if it came off as being hostile.

#37 AA Yeti

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 194 posts
  • LocationNaperville, IL

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:22 AM

Did they say when they wound announce the the completion of the invites? Did some searching but no luck.

#38 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:09 AM

They said "Shortly after the submissions close" or something along those lines in their FAQ they posted. I haven't seen anything, and I haven't seen any posts of people exclaiming they got an invite so not sure if any have gone out.

#39 CommanderOSIS

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:00 AM

man the anticipation is killing me.

#40 AceTimberwolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • Location春日部市、埼玉県、日本; アメリカ: Arcadia, CA

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:24 AM

Probably tomorrow since everything happens on a Tuesday (usually )

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users