For Crying Out Loud, Nerf The Centurion.

80 replies to this topic

#61 Ecrof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:58 PM

LOL! :D

#62 MadDoctorD

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:47 PM

View Post151st Light Horse Regiment, on 23 August 2013 - 03:28 AM, said:

Every single ****ing game I see these scrubs running around, cored to the max, no arms and they STILL keep on going.

I just got smashed as a Highlander by a centurion. Must have landed about 15 UAC5 shots and at least 4-6 burst of ERLL when he was cored and he still didnt go down.

Most OP mech in the game by a coutry mile.

Just how bad can you be to lose to a Centurion, a mech that is 40 tons lighter in a duel? Look, I am a Centurion pilot and I eat scrubs like you for breakfast. I designed my Centurion to tackle and beat the living snot out Heavies and Assaults that mount that ridiculous alpha-strike meta.

While you keep shutting down from overheating, I'm gonna keep nailing you with LBX, SRM, and Laser fire. Bring it boy!

#63 SkyCake

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:29 PM

Troll acetic

#64 shadN

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:09 PM

1. I own 3 Cent and 3 Hunch, some I mastered, for some I am in the process of.

2. The Hunchbacks I play as glass cannon, which works pretty well. The 4 SP btw is pretty durable due to its symmetric desgin. The Cents are - usually - my med brawlers.

3. In my opinion, there should be mediums which can be used as brawlers. And that does NOT mean I can go toe to toe with a heavy who knows what he is doing. I think that means "working as intended".

4. Legging cents works well in 80 % of the cases because most pilots give them biiig engines. That means: Lose a leg and you lose a lot of your heavy engines effectiveness. Shooting a hunch´s back works rather similar. ( I still need to learn where to shoot Victors or Highlanders...).

5. That is a good mechanic. It means if the pilot knows the meta, then he will have an advantage. Just like in all the lore books. And I like that.

6. There are so many mech variants, weapons etc. and they work pretty well right now. Compare it to BF3, that is a 300 Mill title and the balancing is NOT better (Rock, paper, Fighterjetkillemall). I think PGI should keep giving us maps, game modes etc. The balancing is not a big problem IMO.

7. I LOVE THIS GAME.

Edited by shadN, 23 August 2013 - 11:11 PM.

#65 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:49 PM

View PostThumper3, on 23 August 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

I clear 400 damage and 3 kills with my 9A in PUG games every time. Sure, the arms come off early, usually within 5 minutes give or take depending on map size........but that means someone has been POUNDING on me and wasting their armor and driving up heat. And I still have no loss to combat efficiency.

What tactics and loadout are you employing to achieve those scores?

Also, what tier of player are you in Elo terms, and are you usually playing as part of the Templars when you're achieving those 400 scores?

I ask this because, as a solo PUG who is a pretty good pilot (IIDSSM*) I am usually teamed up with lower skilled players, and made to compete against premades, In those circumstances, where on average four to six of my team die quickly with very low scores, I find my Cent quickly gets focus-fired into oblivion, no matter what I do.

(My theory is that, if you're playing in an organised team, you'd be much better able to get higher scores because your team would be of a more even skill level, and you could manage the Cent's engagement ranges and survivability relative to your team. Ie that would be part of the explanation as to why you're scoring 400 damage on average and I'm scoring 275.)

Appreciate your insights.

#66 Ryue

• PipPip
  • The Hunter
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:58 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 23 August 2013 - 03:45 AM, said:

Assault mech pilots can tolerate being killed by heavy mechs, from time to time. Granted, they still think the assault mech should win, but accidents do happen. If assault mech pilots get killed by a medium mech, there's definitely something wrong. That's more than any normal man can take.

Now, if a light mech destroy an assault mech, it's a complete outrage and one can expect a 200 page thread where everyone cries on each other's shoulders about the tyranny of light mech packs.

Centurion isn't OP. It just seems OP because all other medium mechs are so bad by comparison. When teams of medium mechs dominate the same way as teams of assault mechs, give me a call.

Sry not really centurion topic BUT I've seen what you mentioned with a light mech there. But that one was really skill related. The guy (or girl) was the best pilot I have seen so far.
Had a spider destroying an atlas and a second (heavy!) mech. And the interesting part was he fought both of them simultaniously and got only 1 hit in on him!

I myself destroyed a few atlasses with my jenner myself already, but I know I'm FAR behind that spider pilot in terms of skills

Since then I think many "issues" are skill related (some medium and especially light mech guys are quite good).

#67 Scandinavian Jawbreaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,251 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFinland

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:42 AM

Posted Image

#68 151st Light Horse Regiment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 388 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:42 AM

My lights troll topic got to about 7 pages, my LRM troll topic got to a similar scale.

And now you suckers are falling for yet another troll topic.

LOL i love j00 guyz.

#69 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:49 AM

Anything to not talk about 3pv, I guess.

BTW, it's not "nerf", it's "fix the ghost arm hitboxes bug".

#70 Royalewithcheese

• 2,342 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:55 AM

View Post151st Light Horse Regiment, on 24 August 2013 - 05:42 AM, said:

My lights troll topic got to about 7 pages, my LRM troll topic got to a similar scale.

LOL i love j00 guyz.

The problem here is that it is almost impossible to make a troll topic that is more ridiculous than some of the actual balance opinions expressed on these forums :P

#71 TheSteelRhino

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 600 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:02 AM

So what I am hearing you say that a good pilot in a an agile faster mech with good firepower should not be able to take out an assault? By taking a medium mech then I am swapping armour and "heavy weapons" for things like speed, maneuverability, and shorter range punch.

So if you have't noticed the number of mediums in drop is usually pretty low.

If you chose assault mechs the. You need lights and mediums to counter the threat of smaller lighter mechs

I am sorry but to say the cent is "op" is pretty ridiculous. If it were dont you think they would be all over the battlefield and not just when they are on sale

Get thee away trolls

Edited by Rhinehardt Ritter, 24 August 2013 - 06:05 AM.

#72 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:46 AM

LOL i love j00 guyz.

I am in awe of your accomplishment.

#73 LordBraxton

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:48 AM

whether this topic was meant as troll bait or not

If you see a cent

shoot it's giant pelvis

problem solved

#74 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:50 AM

For crying out loud buff the non-Centurion mediums.

#75 Kibble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 539 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:59 AM

Posted Image

#76 1Marius

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 99 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:11 PM

151st Light Horse Regiment - NÓOOOOOOOOOOB .

#77 Zakie Chan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:47 PM

LOL!!

How about you work on buffing your aim?! Im really sad you have poor aim and battle sense...

If you AIM and HIT the CT there is no damage reduction. Also if you aim low on the side torsos you hit CT. You could also leg it... 48 MAX armor on the legs... 2 alphas for your mech?

Its not a bug, the damage transfer mechanic applies to all mechs. Commando, Spider, Centurion, Atlas, Stalker. All those mechs get a significant endurance increase if the person fighting them can't aim and hit the proper CT hitbox. If you lack the finesse to kill them with precision, LEG THEM!

Why is it always nerf this nerf that? Why dont you suggest bringing everything else to up to balance out!

#78 Vaktor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 271 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:50 PM

LOL i love j00 guyz.

Damn it... I hate when people call themselves out as a troll right before I get the chance to B)

#79 TheBossHammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 240 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:13 PM

View Post151st Light Horse Regiment, on 23 August 2013 - 03:28 AM, said:

Every single ****ing game I see these scrubs running around, cored to the max, no arms and they STILL keep on going.

I just got smashed as a Highlander by a centurion. Must have landed about 15 UAC5 shots and at least 4-6 burst of ERLL when he was cored and he still didnt go down.

Most OP mech in the game by a coutry mile.

...The spider...The Stalker...yeah, no. The centurion is fine.

#80 Waking One

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 427 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:20 PM

LOL i love j00 guyz.

lol guise i wuz trollin, srsly, i not dumb

sad thing is so many of the balance posts on these forums are so colossaly ********.. this one felt like it fit right in

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users