32 replies to this topic

#1 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,688 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:51 PM

"there was an error while testing your internet connection---no connection was detected "

Either one of two things is happening here:

1) the servers are down

or

2) the gremlins are workling overtime on my rig.

Cause i know this. . . I'm on the internet as i write this. I've checked, re-checked, and triple check the connection. Everything is running at tip top speed. Otherwise, i would not be able to post this on the forum.

#2 xenoglyph

• 1,480 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:38 PM

Firewall problem most likely.

#3 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:19 AM

yea, well how do I fix it??

#4 Jestun

• 1,270 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:20 AM

View Posthawk819, on 25 August 2013 - 02:19 AM, said:

yea, well how do I fix it??

Depends on your firewall?

#5 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:42 AM

well, if I don't get it fixed and soon. then I have wasted a lot of money for nothing, including the Project Phoenix. I bought the Overlord package.

I've checked the firewall, Windows Firewall, and there's nothing wrong there.

#6 operator0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 248 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:46 AM

You should disable the Win firewall and plug your game PC directly into your modem and then try the game. If it doesn't fix the problem, then you know it's not the firewalls. If, however, you can get into the game, then try re-enabling each one separately until the problem comes back. You'll know which it is then. Routers are tricky to trouble shoot over the net. You'll most likely have to do your own research as to how to fix it as most on here don't want to spend the day corresponding with you about this problem. I'll start you off with something to look at. Google: port forwarding

#7 Unnatural Growth

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:28 AM

Also check the settings on your antivirus software. If you're running a 3rd party antivirus with it's own firewall, AND you still have the Windows firewall active, bizarre things can happen, as they don't play well together.

#8 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:24 PM

well, i'd like to thank you guys for the help, but it was futile. My only solution now is to go and get my HDD wiped and then start from there. There's still residue from the uninstalled files from that pos AVG install I need to remove.

#9 scJazz

• 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:27 PM

So it was a virus?

Because the nature of the problem indicates...

Router config
Firewall config

as being the source of the issue

#10 Unnatural Growth

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:25 PM

Config issue, don't wipe the HD, that won't solve anything.

Does the game run with your pc connected straight to the modem, and totally bypass the router/network?

#11 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:07 PM

View PostOldOrgandonor, on 25 August 2013 - 01:25 PM, said:

Config issue, don't wipe the HD, that won't solve anything.

Does the game run with your pc connected straight to the modem, and totally bypass the router/network?

Yes.

#12 Unnatural Growth

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:12 PM

Ok, then wiping the hard drive will do nothing to help you. And just make more "busy work".

You have an issue in your router set up.

If you don't know how to log into your router settings, go to your router brand's website and download the manual, it will tell you how to get into the settings. you can also reset your router to factory default mode, and then just set it up again from scratch. Make sure to set your wireless security settings again. Don't want to leave your network unsecured.

#13 BookWyrm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Menig Første Klasse
  • Menig Første Klasse
  • 365 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:23 PM

Try just a reset on the darn thing, hold the button down for a bit and voila!

#14 MnDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Location"Vallhalla" 1st Rasalhague Dragonregementë

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:34 PM

Check your firewall or your router settings. You can open ports to have game traffic get priority. Here are the MWO ports that I found:MechWarrior Online uses the following port:
TCP 45461
TCP 45464
UDP 21000 to 30000

#15 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:07 PM

View PostMnDragon, on 25 August 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

Check your firewall or your router settings. You can open ports to have game traffic get priority. Here are the MWO ports that I found:MechWarrior Online uses the following port:
TCP 45461
TCP 45464
UDP 21000 to 30000

I'm using a Ubee Wireless Router Modem. Currently, hardwired from computer to wireless modem. So how do I open my ports on a router? Cause I have no clue as to how this is done.

#16 Zordicron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:11 PM

Its the router.

try a reset, or try just unplugging the thing for a minute or two, and let it reset itself that way.

No dice from that, look for a manual online, or, call up the service people for the router manufacturer, it is possible they can walk you through some tests to see if it is working, or maybe even if your PC is set up wrong etc. Cant hurt to ask them for help.

I have actually had 2 routers just get old and fail over the last dozen years. My last one, an old Lynksys Wireless...G maybe, i dont recall, but it just up and stopped broadcasting the internet connection. I could see my home network, but no matter what I did, the internet was lost forever to it. So I bought a newer one.

Anyway, if everything works except MWO, I tend to think it might be the MWO install. If nobody at the router manufacturer can help you, and if resets dont work, and everything else does work, I would then suggest at that time to uninstall and reinstall a fresh MWO. It is possible some code or file got corrupted.

Once upon a tiome they released a MWO repair tool, I have no idea if it still works or has been updated or anything, but might want to ask about that first before a total re-download.

Good luck.

#17 Unnatural Growth

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:49 AM

MnDragon is on to it. It's either your firewall settings or your port settings on your router. Go to the company website that made your router. You can either view or download the manual for your model number. I've never heard of that router, so can't help you specifically to your model. Basically you open your internet browser, and type in the address of your router, and your router settings should open in a web page. The easiest thing may be as a few of us have said and just do a factory default reset on your router and set it up again.

This is not software related. Deleting or reloading of the game or your hardrive will only waste your time and contribute nothing to actually fixing the problem.

#18 scJazz

• 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:31 AM

The problem will be the Ubee wireless modem/router.

Quick google shows...

http://www.dslreport...-to-specific-IP

Where another Mechwarrior Online player had exactly the type of problems you are having.

To help you any further would require knowing the exact model of the Ubee Modem and probably knowing the ISP you are using.

#19 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:26 AM

how do i copy paste a printscreen of the CMD??

#20 scJazz

• 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:33 AM

You can't directly as that would open up the Forums to an exploit.

You need to save the image to something like imgur.com and then link the picture in the forums.

Much like you did with your Signature.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users