we need to prepare for goonswarms arrival in Draconis Combine Space

276 replies to this topic

#261 TG Xarbala

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationCan I get back to you on that?

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:42 PM

View PostDCM Zeus, on 18 August 2012 - 10:44 AM, said:

We will just take over everything like we did back in MPBT 3025. ;)

Frankly I'd love to see the DCMS rolling over House Davion's borders, so more power to you guys! And I hear you Nights Scorn fellas gave some of our rough-ridin' Goonlances some pretty good fights recently, so I trust the average Davion fanboy doesn't stand a chance.

View Postfil5000, on 18 August 2012 - 04:06 AM, said:

So anyone that doesn't know the Liao family tree is a troll?

When asked to cite an entire family tree, in order to prove you're not a grognard of distressing proportions, one must answer the following and nothing else:

"Hold on, checking sarna."

Whether or not one actually checks the BT wiki is irrelevant, but in the middle of a match I strongly advise against it. Besides, being able to name the entire Liao family tree up from the Star League era at a moment's notice is a symptom of a much more worrisome condition.

#262 xX_Nero_Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 649 posts
  • LocationDallas,Texas

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:06 PM

lol this is kind of funny i have heard and read all this crap b4 this is every game of mw in history.just wait untill this goes live wait untill mw3 wait untill mw4 wait for expansion . we gonna run over your and ripe you unit(s) apart some how this never happens.
here is how it has always happens in mw one team runs fast out of the gate and catchs a few units by suprise .
then the game lvls out .
then the super units appear with all the leet ppl in then that last for a few months egos get int he way then the break apart friends form new ones stay awhile then the nest super unit appears and so on in never ends. this game will lvl out with skilled players everywhere.
what will make the difference will be the ppl calling the right targets when it comes to the battles talk is cheap rant rave prepare pratice all you want .
i put my money on the mech units that have been around and still playing together since mechwarrior first came out and im fortunate to be in one and know many others units .
savages,Hrr,the "real kell hounds the one dave kell founded phelan ran for a very long time.
SA
relliks so on
dont for get bigguns
dcm
other that have a very large team and have been drooling at the chance to get the gang back together for another run at mech warrior
many ppl are fly house banners that once it goes live might want to check again and see who is who then

rember merc units and pirate units that have no one to bow to might just swing things for themselves

Edited by fccolhitman, 18 August 2012 - 04:07 PM.

#263 TG Xarbala

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationCan I get back to you on that?

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:29 PM

View Postfccolhitman, on 18 August 2012 - 04:06 PM, said:

(snip)

Now tell us how you really feel! :P

In all seriousness I think I've deciphered this post and I'm almost about to agree with some points unless there's something I've misread, which is entirely possible considering it's difficult to place some of the implied punctuation ghosts. From what we've seen in Beta, though, there's already organized groups getting their practice in and running roughshod over the random teams, but once premades run into other premades you've got a recipe for a solid fight. Called targets, clever ploys, and good shooting.

That said, you don't need to have fifteen years of MW experience to be good at the game or the metagame. Even more important is those groups with experience dealing with the logistics of being able to keep pilots on call to fight scheduled battles once community warfare gets implemented. A lot of people wrangled with this issue in World of Tanks and it does look like the metagame might take on a bit of a WoT-like structure, especially considering the format of the fighting on the ground.

#264 xX_Nero_Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 649 posts
  • LocationDallas,Texas

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:37 PM

lol lets just say punctuation has never been a strong point of mine

#265 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:37 PM

I'm looking forward to having some Goons to fight, eventually. At the moment, it looks like the Federated Commonwealth is a more tempting target for both Kurita and Liao. I welcome the Bird-warriors of Tetatae and the Word of Lowtax. You guys were fun in Eve-O, and I have a feeling it will be interesting to see the direction the Goons take in MWO.

#266 Supremacist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 287 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:38 AM

View PostStiggz, on 17 August 2012 - 05:38 PM, said:

.talking..

Quit posting so much, no one cares and it wont help anyone anyway.
Our plan is so too far beyond you.

#267 Rappo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:03 PM

View PostFaolan, on 17 August 2012 - 07:14 PM, said:

Actually, I think you'll find more than a few of the Goon guys are going to end up banned before long, like a lot of them get in most games.

Rappo's already on his way to a perma-ban from his spamming and racism, and he's not the only one.

If you're going to make those kind of allegations, I hope you're able to back them up.

#268 Vipercrush

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:10 PM

dont worry there is no mining mech's,wont crash node,and not eve.so who real cares.

#269 MArxalot

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:57 PM

View PostLord Ikka, on 18 August 2012 - 05:37 PM, said:

I'm looking forward to having some Goons to fight, eventually. At the moment, it looks like the Federated Commonwealth is a more tempting target for both Kurita and Liao. I welcome the Bird-warriors of Tetatae and the Word of Lowtax. You guys were fun in Eve-O, and I have a feeling it will be interesting to see the direction the Goons take in MWO.

I know this isn't what you meant, but I think I remember playing you guys.

View PostVipercrush, on 21 August 2012 - 04:10 PM, said:

dont worry there is no mining mech's,wont crash node,and not eve.so who real cares.

Mind repeating this in coherent English, please?

#270 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:05 AM

I am assuming that he is saying without massive asteroid mining and blob tactics that Goons won't be a factor in the game. When community warfare comes out, we'll see.

It was fun to fight you guys a couple of days ago. We really enjoyed it. Here's to more fun fights in the future, and both of us smacking on the Federated Commonwealth!

#271 fil5000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationInternet County, USA

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:19 AM

View PostLord Ikka, on 22 August 2012 - 06:05 AM, said:

I am assuming that he is saying without massive asteroid mining and blob tactics that Goons won't be a factor in the game. When community warfare comes out, we'll see.

Oh, someone's still banging the "LOL THEY CAN ONLY WIN IF THEY BLOB LOL LOL" drum, I see. Well, I almost see. If I look too hard at what he's typed my brain starts to ache.

Edited by fil5000, 22 August 2012 - 06:19 AM.

#272 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:42 AM

:P

#273 MArxalot

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:50 AM

View PostLord Ikka, on 22 August 2012 - 06:05 AM, said:

It was fun to fight you guys a couple of days ago. We really enjoyed it. Here's to more fun fights in the future, and both of us smacking on the Federated Commonwealth!

As fun as it is to stomp all over randoms who charge you in LRM/Flamer hunchbacks, going against premades is always fun.

I -think- he's saying that we're only successful in eve because of sheer numbers, occasionally shooting really stupid miners in highsec, and crashing the eve servers (hacking?). Trying to decipher what eve pubbies say is physically painful at times, and I hate myself for trying.

VVVVVVVVVVVV You shouldn't until community warfare comes out. Also, here's an article about the time eve got knocked offline. http://www.tentonham...gs-down-service (spoilers: It wasn't us)

Edited by MArxalot, 22 August 2012 - 08:46 AM.

#274 DarkBazerker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 257 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWaffle House

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:38 AM

Not to sound like a *****, but why should I care about these guys called goons. I've been gaming online for a little more then a decade and I seen many large groups though out my time. If you take out the crashing the game part if that even happened (never played EVE), they haven't done anything wrong as far as I read.

Now with all of that being said, I'm a merc and I fallow the money. :P

#275 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:07 AM

Most people dislike Goons simply because the Goons are good at irritating them. Forum spamming, in-game chat spamming, and being general pains in the arse. They are good at organizing their members, and (in EVE-O at least) are capable of changing persistent game worlds by using their numbers. I find them funny as hell, just because they don't really irritate me.

#276 Beazle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationOahu

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:50 AM

View PostLord Ikka, on 22 August 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I find them funny as hell, just because they don't really irritate me.

This, and most of the ones i've seen so far seem to take the game only sorta seriously.

Which makes me happy. Too many people take this waaaaay to serious.

Not that there is anything wrong with taking it a little serious, but some of the people on these forums have lost perspective.

Edited by Beazle, 22 August 2012 - 12:01 PM.

#277 Kumakichi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,337 posts
  • LocationYoyodyne Propulsion Factory

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:03 AM

Pretty funny thread. Devs already said they are going to control the core planets to guide the storyline for the Clan invasions. Even if these goons wanted to they couldn't take over the territory to reach Kuritans.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users