1105 replies to this topic

#221 Aware

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 146 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:34 PM

I have to say I am happy that I cancelled my Project Phoenix early today and I am not regretting it.

Seriously the announcement for CW isn't happening till the 26th. Welp.

UI 2.0 isn't even at internal testing yet.....

So launch is just removing the beta tag?

#222 skill gap

• PipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:34 PM

Just to make it clear why I'm done here I'll quote my post in another thread from earlier today. I hope PGI takes this post seriously since these are the reasons almost everyone I've played with has quit between the end of closed beta and now. (Obviously nobody quit over the slow forums...)

View Postgumpy2k7, on 27 August 2013 - 08:44 AM, said:

Very unhappy...

* heat system (high capacity and low dissipation)
* ghost heat (lower heat capacity and weapon tweaks would be more effective and simpler for both devs and players)
* mech scaling (heavy/assaut-sized mediums)
* hit detection
* hit boxes (broken spider, enormous catapult head, etc)
* weapon balance (can't even be done without hit detection)
* mech balance (too many garbage mechs due to hitboxes, hardpoints, scaling, etc)
* new movement (good direction but still needs work, causes my jenner to get stuck to walls constantly)
* coolant flush
* ecm (not as bad as it was but still awful)
* seismic
* 3pv (finally pushed me and most of my unit to quit)
* fog of war almost entirely removed by seismic and 3pv
* matchmaker (mixing highest and lowest elo is frustration for both)
* game modes
* no integrated voice chat (vaporware?)
* no community warfare (forever just over the horizon)
* no UI 2.0 (also forever just over the horizon)
* performance issues
* no DX11 (hopefully helps performance)
* no lobbies (I want to play with and against friends including duels)
* mc prices (paints/patterns far too expensive)
* maps (too few and most are terrible in both design and implementation)
* base capping (cap speed shouldn't stack with more mechs, losing teams shouldn't win because they stood in a square)
* pinpoint convergence
* instability (crashes, freezes)
* upcoming gauss change (making a weapon annoying to use because it's paired with another weapon?)
* extremely slow forums (often waiting over a minute for page loads)
* no collisions

I'm probably forgetting some things and some of this is expected in a beta but I have very little hope left for this game.

#223 Anders

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 612 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:38 PM

View Postdangerzone, on 27 August 2013 - 04:29 PM, said:

I'm done. Goonsquad has taken a the 10yo insult route and made me out as impatient. Impatient....right....I took a good 30mins to make a post while all of you spend 1 second skimming the update and then take 2mins to make a hateful post towards PGI and IGP.

Ever wonder why the staff don't respond to you anymore? this is why. Good job guys. The reason they do not listen is because of YOU. Yes, YOU. That's right. Whining and moaning and insulting rather than nicely providing suggestions where appropriate has made the staff choose not to respond as often because they KNOW whenever they do, they get bombarded with QQ and shitstorms of hate.

Good job guys. Way to be a great gaming community. I hope you're happy with yourselves.

Dear Mr. dangerzone:

Please do not attribute to the "Goonsquad" (do you mean we here at the Word of Lowtax?) the collective will of the passionate and inflamed posters here on the mwomercs.com forums. Their passions have been brought to a boil over well stated issues, and while personally I appreciate Mr. Ekman busting out actual numbers in his post, sadly the rest of it is lacking.

It is precisely this lack of content which has the community up in arms. Well maybe the lying too. And commitments to impossible timetables and a lack of understanding about the game, but mainly the communication thing.

We here at the Word of Lowtax hope that this post finds your electrons well. Too many of them have been disappearing as of late, and we here at the Word of Lowtax worry that they may run out soon.

We here at The Word of Lowtax thank you for your post. We here at the Word of Lowtax realize that you have limited entertainment destinations and appreciate that you're spending your entertainment electrons on us. Please continue to choose the Word of Lowtax in your future holiday destination spending! We are grateful for your out of the box, blue-sky thinking, and appreciate you touching base with us here at the Word of Lowtax. We hope to synergize our efforts to achieve quantifiable paradigm redefinitions in a future collaboration soon.

Robotically Yours,
Anders

Public Relations Officer
Director of Man/Bird Relations
Loremaster of Word of Lowtax
Veteran of the First Round of the Run Hot or Die Funzies Tournament
A Draaaaaaagun Slayer, Victor over the "4 time crowned Champion from the day."
OpFor Veteran of Second Round of the Run Hot or Die Funzies Tournament
Survivor of the Great Market Collapse of September 18, 3049
Bro-Bots with Mech Romney, Member of the 53%
Commissioner of Entertainment Electrons
A [REDACTED] Asset
Oft Imitated, Never Duplicated
Crackin' Turtles since 3049
Master of the Trial of Walter
Marik Militia Masher
'Mechstradamus
Campaigning in the Inner Sphere for a better Capella
Survivor of the Festival of Artemis
Survivor of the Festival of Artemis 2: Electric Boogaloo
Survivor of the Festival of Artemis The Third: Lurmpocalypse Now
Survivor of the Festival of Artemis IV: Making a Bigger Problem to Fix Another
Podcasting Propaganda Information directly to your Neurohelmet 24/7/365
ilKhan of Clan Moderator-in-Exile
"The Goonders"
Recipient of the First ever "Community Contributor Award" - "The December Star of 3049"
Brought Order to Chaos
Anders Actual. Copy.
Schedulepower > Firepower
The Morning Sun, Vanquisher of the Horrible Midnight!
Krazy for Kaetetôã
Solaris Ranger Danger Wrecker
Rocked the Scorpions like a Hurricane
The Word of Lowtax: Pay to Win since 3049
Survivor of Excess Radiation
Communicating with Keys (my keyboard to be precise)
Hellish Hound Hacker
Never forget: 03/15/3050
Squawking is not a Crime
Poptarts are a Sometimes Food
Currently in the Beta Test of the A.P.E.S. (Anders Post Evaluation System)
A Legendary Overlord Founder
Commander of Tactical Politeness
Secret Squirrels are to blame for why this game is bad.
Part of the Poptartageddon Deux: Heat Scalepocalypse Problem
First Citizen
Judged not for the content of my posts, but for the length of my sig
Users never get banned, they just become part of the silent majority.
Bropocalypse Now Battalion - "The Fist of Lowtax"

#224 Kunae

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

The really sad thing is, they could have fixed this whole situation with one simple line:

Hypothetical PGI rep: "We're sorry, we were wrong. 1pv-only queues going in in a hotfix tomorrow."

#225 1nferno

• PipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:41 PM

Awesome, I'm excited for UI 2.0 and CW!

#226 Araara

• PipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 69 posts

Wait...ONE week has passed and you already flag 3PV as a great success that helps with new player retention and an "immediate bump" in your new target demographics?

Even after Russ' twitter post says that for the majority of the games spectated during half this week, you could barely see anyone using 3PV?

Seriously, you guys need to stop blabbing illogical nonsense and put out some concrete numbers / facts with evidence to support it. Otherwise, the part of the community that thinks you're lying is just going to get bigger and bigger.

Cmon PGI...its been ONE WHOLE WEEK and 3PV IS THE MESSIAH in your eyes.

#227 Selene

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 6 posts
  • LocationUS East Coast

I was so excited about this game when I first heard about it. So excited in fact, that I spent $60 on a F2P title before it was even out. I believed what PGI said they were going to make: a 1st person simulation MechWarrior game that would cater to those of us that love this IP.

There has been many mistakes over the past year (ECM, Consumables, No CW, Weapon balance, HSR etc.). But this is enough.

Over the last year, my initial excitement became concern, and then apathy, and soon frustration. Now I'm just angry. I wish I could get my Founder's money back. I don't know what the hell I founded - I certainly wasn't sold the game we have now.

I now actively hope this game fails, so that someone competent and honest has a shot at making a great MechWarrior game.

I'll see all you founders when the next MechWarrior game rolls out.

#228 Mr Andersson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 217 posts

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 27 August 2013 - 01:17 PM, said:

September Creative Developer Update

What an August! We released some really big features in 12v12 and 3PV: Both have been a great success...
[color=#CCCCCC]
[/color]

You consider 3PV being launched successfully? Those 5500+ posts in the ComStar focus group are doing what, applauding you?

******* off an entire community is not being successful. Neither is dismissing their opinion as "vocal minority".

[redacted]

Edited by Egomane, 27 August 2013 - 10:30 PM.
creative way around wordfilter

#229 Aware

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 146 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:42 PM

If the forums are the "vocal minority" why even have them?

#230 Lucky Noob

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 1,149 posts

View PostKunae, on 27 August 2013 - 04:39 PM, said:

The really sad thing is, they could have fixed this whole situation with one simple line:

Hypothetical PGI rep: "We're sorry, we were wrong. 1pv-only queues going in in a hotfix tomorrow."

Cant be, just imagine if New Players who start with 3 PV on, only have other Newbs to play against, that woud be lower the New Player expirience too much .

#231 Lokust Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 927 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon, Inner Sphere.

If PGI isn't launching this game with community warfare then they might as well not launch it at all. They delayed open beta... why not delay launch?

#232 Royalewithcheese

• 2,342 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:43 PM

View PostKunae, on 27 August 2013 - 04:39 PM, said:

But that would require them to take direct feedback from their beta testers on their beta, and we can't have that. It's much better to back all your decisions with reference to a "silent majority" that you don't really know the opinion of but are pretty sure agrees with you.

#233 dangerzone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in a F14-Tomcat

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:45 PM

View PostAnders, on 27 August 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

Dear Mr. dangerzone:

Please do not attribute to the "Goonsquad" (do you mean we here at the Word of Lowtax?) the collective will of the passionate and inflamed posters here on the mwomercs.com forums. Their passions have been brought to a boil over well stated issues, and while personally I appreciate Mr. Ekman busting out actual numbers in his post, sadly the rest of it is lacking.

It is precisely this lack of content which has the community up in arms. Well maybe the lying too. And commitments to impossible timetables and a lack of understanding about the game, but mainly the communication thing.

We here at the Word of Lowtax hope that this post finds your electrons well. Too many of them have been disappearing as of late, and we here at the Word of Lowtax worry that they may run out soon.

We here at The Word of Lowtax thank you for your post. We here at the Word of Lowtax realize that you have limited entertainment destinations and appreciate that you're spending your entertainment electrons on us. Please continue to choose the Word of Lowtax in your future holiday destination spending! We are grateful for your out of the box, blue-sky thinking, and appreciate you touching base with us here at the Word of Lowtax. We hope to synergize our efforts to achieve quantifiable paradigm redefinitions in a future collaboration soon.

Robotically Yours,
Anders

Public Relations Officer
Director of Man/Bird Relations
Loremaster of Word of Lowtax
Veteran of the First Round of the Run Hot or Die Funzies Tournament
A Draaaaaaagun Slayer, Victor over the "4 time crowned Champion from the day."
OpFor Veteran of Second Round of the Run Hot or Die Funzies Tournament
Survivor of the Great Market Collapse of September 18, 3049
Bro-Bots with Mech Romney, Member of the 53%
Commissioner of Entertainment Electrons
A [REDACTED] Asset
Oft Imitated, Never Duplicated
Crackin' Turtles since 3049
Master of the Trial of Walter
Marik Militia Masher
'Mechstradamus
Campaigning in the Inner Sphere for a better Capella
Survivor of the Festival of Artemis
Survivor of the Festival of Artemis 2: Electric Boogaloo
Survivor of the Festival of Artemis The Third: Lurmpocalypse Now
Survivor of the Festival of Artemis IV: Making a Bigger Problem to Fix Another
Podcasting Propaganda Information directly to your Neurohelmet 24/7/365
ilKhan of Clan Moderator-in-Exile
"The Goonders"
Recipient of the First ever "Community Contributor Award" - "The December Star of 3049"
Brought Order to Chaos
Anders Actual. Copy.
Schedulepower > Firepower
The Morning Sun, Vanquisher of the Horrible Midnight!
Krazy for Kaetetôã
Solaris Ranger Danger Wrecker
Rocked the Scorpions like a Hurricane
The Word of Lowtax: Pay to Win since 3049
Survivor of Excess Radiation
Communicating with Keys (my keyboard to be precise)
Hellish Hound Hacker
Never forget: 03/15/3050
Squawking is not a Crime
Poptarts are a Sometimes Food
Currently in the Beta Test of the A.P.E.S. (Anders Post Evaluation System)
A Legendary Overlord Founder
Commander of Tactical Politeness
Secret Squirrels are to blame for why this game is bad.
Part of the Poptartageddon Deux: Heat Scalepocalypse Problem
First Citizen
Judged not for the content of my posts, but for the length of my sig
Users never get banned, they just become part of the silent majority.
Bropocalypse Now Battalion - "The Fist of Lowtax"

thanks for proving you guys are uh...immature.

Also for the person who had the gall to requote my post as "im smart and you are all dumb", is not bright in themselves. That is just cyber bullying, my friend. I chose to express my opinions as to why I think the community is partly to blame as well, and because my views are different than yours, you insult me and mock me for it. Good job. Totally mature. I tip my hat to you.

Honestly, this disgusts me. 12 pages of QQ, insults and other bs.

Hey guys, let me ask you this. You all HATE and I mean HATE with the burning passion of a million suns, PGI and IGP....right? Well, you all seem to know a lot about what it takes to run a game. How about you all go and sign up for a game programming major at your local college and apply for PGI? I mean, you all have amazing ideas. Why not do something about it?

I don't think you can change the games programming, features and other things sitting at your computer hurling insults at the developers who actually went to college. Sorry to say it does not work like that.

Cheers!

#234 Wales Grey

Dark Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 861 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Frigid North

View PostAnders, on 27 August 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

Spoiler

Andersbot for President 2016

#235 Chemie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationMI

View PostAware, on 27 August 2013 - 04:42 PM, said:

so the vocal minority can talk to themselves?

#236 Graufalk

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

View PostAware, on 27 August 2013 - 04:42 PM, said:

Oh they still have time to pull a Hi-Rez here.

#237 MechFrog1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 630 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

View PostAraara, on 27 August 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

Wait...ONE week has passed and you already flag 3PV as a great success that helps with new player retention and an "immediate bump" in your new target demographics?

Even after Russ' twitter post says that for the majority of the games spectated during half this week, you could barely see anyone using 3PV?

If we didn't know better, one might assume that they had their conclusions that it was a success and simply worked backwards, no matter what the data showed. (if it was collected at all)

#238 Wales Grey

Dark Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 861 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Frigid North

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:47 PM

View PostSelene, on 27 August 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

I was so excited about this game when I first heard about it. So excited in fact, that I spent $60 on a F2P title before it was even out. I believed what PGI said they were going to make: a 1st person simulation MechWarrior game that would cater to those of us that love this IP.

There has been many mistakes over the past year (ECM, Consumables, No CW, Weapon balance, HSR etc.). But this is enough.

Over the last year, my initial excitement became concern, and then apathy, and soon frustration. Now I'm just angry. I wish I could get my Founder's money back. I don't know what the hell I founded - I certainly wasn't sold the game we have now.

I now actively hope this game fails, so that someone competent and honest has a shot at making a great MechWarrior game.

I'll see all you founders when the next MechWarrior game rolls out.

You can get a refund, just explain your situation to your bank/credit card company and ask for a chargeback.

Fair warning though, the payment processor (playspan) PGI uses will blacklist your name/account, and your MWO account will be perma-banned.

#239 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:48 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 27 August 2013 - 03:38 PM, said:

[color=cyan]I think I can help here - many players simply didn't know you could do this (or more specifically, 8 mins average a round, doesn't mean every match will be 8 minutes for all players. So if you DO die, you CAN leave a match before it's ended. But no worries, we have checks for C-Bill farming :))[/color]

"People have provided amazing suggestions in the past, are still doing so, and will ALWAYS do so. Problem is, the PGI staff never listen"

[color=cyan]I also wanted to respond to this, as this is outright false. Hunchback increased engine size, quicker torso turning for Mediums, more up/down movement for Cicadas, decreased LB10X spread, etc, just in the last patch ALONE, was all suggested by players, and I forwarded it.[/color]

We're at the point where literally hundreds of tweaks and changes and additions have been suggested by players and put into the game.

So please, keep posting suggestions, I'm here to forward them :)

I remember this:
http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2178592

What Raven buff?

#240 Jyzene

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 44 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:49 PM

Sometimes people forget who is developing this game.

PGI (Piranha Games Inc.) is a small company founded 13 years ago, emerging from the Half-Life modding community. All those years they made just one game, Die Hard: Nakatomi Plaza, a former HL mod that got the company started in the first place. A good game considering where it originated from, but hardly mediocre in comparison to professional projects at that time. For the following 13 years PGI did nothing else then console ports for all sorts of platforms. MechWarrior Online is in fact their first professional project. And you can see by the behavior and communication that they likely never had that much money in their hands in their whole life. The Founders Programm was in fact the biggest crowdfunding campain for a game ever at that time and raised a little more than five million $. With that success the expactiations jumped to a new hight. Maybe too high. PGI got bigheaded, avoided the community for big parts of the closed beta, turned down MechWarrior: Living Legends mappers who offered buidling maps or map prototypes for free and threatened fansites with legal complaints. But ultimately PGI couldn't cope. Broken promises, ****-storms and a messed up game with tons of quick&dirty code were the results. Which is kind of sad, because they got one thing right, the gameplay feels like a MechWarrior game should feel. And the first person view is a big part of that.

To put it into a nutshell, PGI are amateurs. Consider this whenerver PGI makes a fishy descision.

Like communicating this matter only through the forums and then telling us that the forums are not representative because the players who actually use them are not their target group. Or dangering the only thing they got really right with this game, the core gameplay.

But hey, I'm a founder. I already tossed money at PGI. The understanding at that time was that 3rd person view would never ever be implemened into this game. But whatever...

It's an easy calculation for me. I play (and pay for) this game until it stops being fun to me. There were MechWarrior titles before this game and there will be more after it. Even if it takes another ten years.

Good night.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users