1105 replies to this topic

#41 borisof007

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area, California

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:55 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 27 August 2013 - 01:17 PM, said:

Launch Event

With that out of the way, I’m really looking forward to the Launch Event in San Francisco, I’m very excited. We had an excellent response to our event invites and I think we’ll see some really competitive teams going for the win. It will be good to see some familiar faces, and you will get to meet a bunch of developers, some of whom will be first time attendees at a public MWO event.

So when are the invites being sent out? This still hasn't been addressed since the invite window closed on Friday night.

Edited by borisof007, 27 August 2013 - 01:56 PM.

#42 Wieland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 755 posts
  • LocationKitzingen, Bolan Province, Protectorate of Donegal, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:57 PM

To much incense.

CW:
The same as every month. Next month you get info.

#43 DoktorVivi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 239 posts
  • LocationWyoming

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:57 PM

View PostRavensshadow, on 27 August 2013 - 01:55 PM, said:

I am curious how you come to the conclusion that the vocal pne are the minority if this so called majority is silent?

Because that's how it is. The vocal segment of any demographic is usually the minority. FAR more people won't say anything. Tons of people play and never visit these forum. Or they visit but don't post.

#44 Ravensshadow

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:58 PM

Whats the word on community warfare?
or did i stupidly miss that in all the jargon telling me i am a minority and am being disreguarded?

#45 Diss

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:58 PM

I have tried to be positive and give PGI the benefit of the doubt. However, i am definately feeling like i am no longer their target demographic :P

#46 Barranoid

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:59 PM

Alright I'm not even going to start arguing AGAIN. I just want my money back. Seriously...you're probably right about that vocal minority because the ones who complained are getting the hell out of here by now.

#47 Gtbuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 581 posts
  • LocationSoutheast US

You guys have admitted a fault (not communicating with the community) and have stepped up your game in this area recently (thanks for the heads up about the slight downtime, good move guys), there are a lot of us that really appreciate this. I would like to have seen a little more in the way of details about upcoming plans but the way the community has burned you guys previously when things changed I can't really blame you for not going that direction. Thanks again for the hard work and please keep up the communication improvements.

#48 Homeless Bill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationA Box Near You

View PostPrezimonto, on 27 August 2013 - 01:54 PM, said:

The one thing I'll note on a positive side: the pushed both 12v12 and 3PV public after only one day of a few public test hours each... and both with in what... one or two patches? I think, IF they can push UI 2.0 to public test before launch we'll see it at launch on the mainline servers.

It's not that I'm not hoping for that - it's that all of my previous hopes have been dashed. My one and only expectation of launch was UI 2.0 and ghetto CW (PUG matches with Loyalty Points). It seems like my bar wasn't low enough.

Here's to hoping.

#49 PropagandaWar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:00 PM

Was there a content paragraph in here somewhere? No I really mean this. It read more like a what happened last month update. This post is just wierd. :lol:

Where's my face. Ugh. Yep that's how I read it. :P

#50 John MatriX82

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

So you're basically telling us:

-players numbers are raising outstandingly (so it's normal that vs top level player I keep getting guys or entire lances of trial mechs or people not even making up to 100 dmg)

-3PV is a marvellous thing that has brought you in one week a c4apload of new players (and destroyed the will of founders and core fans to the bone)

-That you're going to communicate less, proposing your designs only when they are basically golden and so no feedback from us may avoid you further turmoils (like the consumables war, that time you avoided it, next?)

-Cbill earnings will remain like these at launch with many new people joining and finding against a terrible grind themselves. Clever! But hey, you can disconnect from the match you died within and then launch immediately in the next one! Wooo!! How about players in groups? uh? Oh yeah you can't! :P :lol: :mellow:

-That you've eaten back things that you told us, what you promised us after our reactions and many things you told us that you'd have done.. but that you didn't (or you couldn't this is something accounted too), so "hey! things change!" and shut up we do what we want.

In the end the only good things were the improvement of hit detection/HSR, a reveal for CW at launch that will be realized within 90 days (phase 1 should have gone live by months given the first estimates so this is another fine estimate uh?), we yet have to see how those things will stick to what you declare to us at launch during the next three months.

Freaking awesome. Outstanding. So we're a vocal minority that have accumulated 250+ pages vs to a feature that's making happy 10 years old children (I yet have to understand how, since SA is destroyed, legs often can't be seen at all, arm lock is on and the drone gives away your position), all of this while that flying can is used to spoiler and scout hassle free in a game you advertised to be simulative and putting us in a first person view mech pilot.

I was about to make a few drops tonight after a few days of break, then I read up this and.. oh yeah let me re-open origin or steam and let me play something else.

I hope for September 3rd I'll try some more of the Kintaroes if they can be made viable somehow (I highly doubt it), otherwise I'll have to wait for the famed launch date to see if this game can turn me back on, or you have to hope that I really ran out of other games to play to see me back continuosly as I did since 1 year of service that you are throwing down the toilet.

Edited by John MatriX82, 27 August 2013 - 02:22 PM.

#51 Ravensshadow

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:04 PM

View PostDoktorVivi, on 27 August 2013 - 01:57 PM, said:

Because that's how it is. The vocal segment of any demographic is usually the minority. FAR more people won't say anything. Tons of people play and never visit these forum. Or they visit but don't post.

The fact they are not posting in no way shows they do not feel the same as those who are being vocal.

#52 BFett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • LocationA galaxy far far away...

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:04 PM

The vocal players are the ones that will pay for the game and care enough to let the company making the game know when something has been done correctly or incorrectly.

PGI took "The Vocal Minority's" advice on cockpit items, why should it be any different on items that most players agree with?

November 2012 Russ leaks that 3rd person is in works http://mwomercs.com/...64#entry1437264. January 2013 poll made after first is deleted by devs http://mwomercs.com/...s-poll-revived/

#53 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:05 PM

September Creative Developer Update
After releasing 3PV we saw an immediate improvement in our target demographic, with a good bump in new player retention!

"You want a player counter??!?! "

"You can't handle a player counter!!!!"

"But we will openly tell you our player retention was less than 1 week!"

Edited by DV McKenna, 27 August 2013 - 02:06 PM.

#54 W A R L O R D

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 116 posts
  • LocationMy Direwolf

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:08 PM

[color=#CCCCCC] have also changed how we discuss future major designs, keeping them closer to the chest until we are ready to make a presentation to the community. A good example is how we handle the UI 2.0 introduction and discussion. [/color]
[color=#CCCCCC]
[/color]
Frankly I think the biggest challenge that PGI/IGP is facing NOW is the momentum of discontent. I for one, genuinely believe that they not trying "kill the franchise" as some have offered. They're caught between making money and keeping the overall dogmatic philosophy of the game. Have they done some things and made unfulfilled promises that warrant blow-back from the community? Yes. Does running off and uninstalling the game because they added 3PV? No. They obviously are trying to keep as many people playing the game as possible. They are not an evil organization hell-bent on ruining the Mechwarrior experience. So lets put this in perspective:

If everyone stops playing the game, that means Mechwarrior wont be around...which means we'll all have to wait another 5-10 years before someone else decides to resurrect the franchise out the ashes of PGI/IGP. So instead of screaming at the developers for trying to make a game that everyone can enjoy, lets support them, both communally and financially. Because the other option is not having the game at all, and I'm not waiting another 13 years for this game to come back, if some of you remember MPBT 3025.

And I dont care what some folks are saying out there...Star Citizen or War Thunder, etc...is not the same as strapping on a 100 ton Atlas and shoving my foot up a Jenner's ***. So strap that nuclear fusion XL Engine to your balls and lets blow some 'Mechs up!!

- SAYF

#55 InRev

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:10 PM

View PostFuzzyLog1c, on 27 August 2013 - 02:05 PM, said:

http://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/chalkboard-bad-math.png

Paul and the rest of the PGI development team need to read "Unskilled and Unaware of It: How Difficulties in Recognizing One's Own Incompetance Lead to Inflated Self-Assessments." Solid Ars Technia article here ("Revising why incompetents think they're awesome").

Link ain't workin for me, but I like the sentiment!

#56 Talrich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationNew England

Because that's how it is. The vocal segment of any demographic is usually the minority. FAR more people won't say anything.
DoktorVivi - That's absolutely true. Few people post. That does not necessarily mean that people who don't post have different opinions than people who do. We just don't know who the silent majority sides with, so both sides claim it's them. In this case I tend to think the vocal minority represents the silent more often than not.

#57 Warge

• 1,027 posts
  • LocationKiyiv

The vocal segment of any demographic is usually the minority. FAR more people won't say anything. Tons of people play and never visit these forum. Or they visit but don't post.

As far as I know: 1:10:100. 1 person post something, 10 - will reply to it, 100 - just read.

Edited by Warge, 27 August 2013 - 02:11 PM.

#58 Silent

• 1,207 posts
  • LocationButte Hold

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:11 PM

View PostRavensshadow, on 27 August 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

Whats the word on community warfare?
or did i stupidly miss that in all the jargon telling me i am a minority and am being disreguarded?

The word on community warfare is: More on community warfare at the launch event!

#59 Ravensshadow

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 95 posts

View PostSAYF, on 27 August 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

[/color]
Frankly I think the biggest challenge that PGI/IGP is facing NOW is the momentum of discontent. I for one, genuinely believe that they not trying "kill the franchise" as some have offered. They're caught between making money and keeping the overall dogmatic philosophy of the game. Have they done some things and made unfulfilled promises that warrant blow-back from the community? Yes. Does running off and uninstalling the game because they added 3PV? No. They obviously are trying to keep as many people playing the game as possible. They are not an evil organization hell-bent on ruining the Mechwarrior experience. So lets put this in perspective:

If everyone stops playing the game, that means Mechwarrior wont be around...which means we'll all have to wait another 5-10 years before someone else decides to resurrect the franchise out the ashes of PGI/IGP. So instead of screaming at the developers for trying to make a game that everyone can enjoy, lets support them, both communally and financially. Because the other option is not having the game at all, and I'm not waiting another 13 years for this game to come back, if some of you remember MPBT 3025.

And I dont care what some folks are saying out there...Star Citizen or War Thunder, etc...is not the same as strapping on a 100 ton Atlas and shoving my foot up a Jenner's ***. So strap that nuclear fusion XL Engine to your balls and lets blow some 'Mechs up!!

- SAYF

Why would we support a f2p that is so blantly ignore the desires of its player base.

#60 DoktorVivi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 239 posts
  • LocationWyoming

View PostRavensshadow, on 27 August 2013 - 02:04 PM, said:

The fact they are not posting in no way shows they do not feel the same as those who are being vocal.

Oh absolutely. It basically just means you can't extrapolate much usable data from complaints (or compliments) on the forum.

Edited by DoktorVivi, 27 August 2013 - 02:13 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users