#41 Rhent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:28 AM

View PostTime at the Position, on 27 August 2013 - 10:04 PM, said:

Just wait 30-90 days im sure it will get better
You just watch in 30-90 days this game will be great just give it time

If you went back to Sept 2012, the game was in a better state than now. Every month, the developers try more convoluted system rather than implementing hardpoint liits or convergence limits to deal with extremely high pin-point damage. MWO is failing. I've backed out of my project phoenix purchase due to recent game *improvements*.

MWO is a great game to play for 1-2 matches a week. Its not a great game to actually invest more than 30 minutes a week adn you really would be nuts to invest any real world cash.

#42 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:40 AM

View PostGeist Null, on 27 August 2013 - 10:06 PM, said:

I think your error was in reading reviews and 4chan instead of reading the forums and learning how to get thru the grind and gameplay. if your so swayed by opinions, your in for a bad time no matter what game you choose to play.

Are you saying 4chan is significantly more negative than the MW:O forums? It's not that I expect them to be a beacon of sunshine and rainbows, but things are pretty bad here, a few white knights aside.

#43 tayhimself

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 334 posts
  • LocationAn island

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:51 AM

I'm uninstalling until launch as well because of boredom after getting 25 mechs and 3000 drops in the last 10 months.

I used to get around the boredom by mastering and building out 3 variants of a new chassis regularly. With the lowered CBill earn rate I have a reduced ability to do this. My previous chassis (Victor) wasn't too much fun and now I'm bored and I don't have enough cbills to buy new mechs and new XL engines.

The recent balance changes and ghost heat has been an improvement for me although I do hate the 2 LL max and the Gauss charge up. Could've just given the Gauss a longer cycle time thus making it a super low dps sniper weapon that goes boom. Will come back at launch because there is going to be new content and launch sales etc.

#44 Razuko

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:13 AM

K Bye uninstallers. You won't be missed... Or even remembered shortly. It's hilarious that people on the internet think other people on the internet care about them and their feelings. *sadpandaface* Stop crying out for attention and making overly dramatic posts expressing your valueless opinions. You are dead to us and as such have no reason for any further posting. Move along... Try not to /wrists irl.

#45 Farix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 890 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:21 AM

View Posttayhimself, on 28 August 2013 - 05:51 AM, said:

I'm uninstalling until launch as well because of boredom after getting 25 mechs and 3000 drops in the last 10 months.

If you are going to be back at launch, which is three weeks aways, why uninstall only to reinstall three weeks later? I can understand if there is a performance issue or you would like a fresh install. But beyond that, you are just waisting your bandwidth in redownloading the client.

#46 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:39 AM

This topic kinda goes to what I was trying to say here:
http://mwomercs.com/...00#entry2695400

We should be paying close attention because without casual gamers who, in relative terms, pay more for the system resources they use than hard-core gamers are the ones that keep game afloat for more than a year.

View PostRazuko, on 28 August 2013 - 06:13 AM, said:

K Bye uninstallers. You won't be missed... Or even remembered shortly. It's hilarious that people on the internet think other people on the internet care about them and their feelings. *sadpandaface* Stop crying out for attention and making overly dramatic posts expressing your valueless opinions. You are dead to us and as such have no reason for any further posting. Move along... Try not to /wrists irl.

First, i find it funny that you cared enough to reply to the OP and, that you think people care enough about your opinion to post. The irony goes good with my morning cup of coffee. Now, if you would stop thinking with your spinal-cord, you'd realize that the more people the game has, the more money the developers have to endhance the game. You want people who only play once or twice a week to have FUN! Otherwise, enjoy going back to playing with your d6.

Edited by nehebkau, 28 August 2013 - 06:44 AM.

#47 Navy Sixes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationHeading west

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:23 AM

View Postnehebkau, on 28 August 2013 - 06:39 AM, said:

This topic kinda goes to what I was trying to say here:
http://mwomercs.com/...00#entry2695400

We should be paying close attention because without casual gamers who, in relative terms, pay more for the system resources they use than hard-core gamers are the ones that keep game afloat for more than a year.

First, i find it funny that you cared enough to reply to the OP and, that you think people care enough about your opinion to post.

So, let's all make fake accounts and uninstall them and then we should auto-get-our-way because... why, again? I've been here for a little over 2 months, just two short months, and I've already been through the ghost-heat exodus, and the LRM-buff/bug exodus. People are rage uninstalling because the game sucks and they are never going to play again. This is no different, except after the last two exodus, in which no one actually left and life goes on, someone got the bright idea to start making fake accounts and make-believe players who, after being members for 2 days have decided to uninstall (but they'll be back, they tell us!) because C-bill nerf is bad. Show them some real players leaving the game for real lengths of time in real numbers, and you might see PGI make some changes. That won't happen because you people are not quitting. You know it. PGI knows it. We know it.

Why is Razuko's opinion, which is from a real member of this community, something no one should care about? Certainly it should matter more than the OP, which is 1) in all likelihood the opinion of a veteran gamer who wants to have the power of saying "I'm leaving" without actually doing it. If I believed the OP was a new gamer who was uninstalling, I'd agree we should consider their grief. The fact is that this person is probably neither.

Here's how all of this greif will play out...

Pewpewdakkadakkapewpewkakkadakka... New nerf. Less money... Damn... Pewpewdakkadakkapewpewdakkadakka...

#48 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:36 AM

View PostTycho von Gagern, on 28 August 2013 - 07:23 AM, said:

Why is Razuko's opinion, which is from a real member of this community, something no one should care about?

The point that you missed was the IRONY which I will explain to you: The OP believes that his opinion matters and that people want to hear what he/she said for the EXACT same reasons that Razuko believes that his opinion matters and that other people want to hear what he said. Now, having Razuko ask the OP why he thinks people whant to hear what he says and care about his opinion in an internet chat shows that:
1. Razuko cared enough about the OPs post to comment saying that he didn't care about the OPs comment.
2. Razuko believes that people want to read and care about his opinions in a post where he indicated that no one cares about what the OP posted..

The Irony is golden! Classic even! Seriously, I don't give a damn about how long someone has been playing and don't really care about your conspiry theories about phantom accounts. A closed mind can deny anything in the same way that an open mind can be made to believe anything. As for me, I purchased the Ph-pack so I will be around until, at least, my premium time goes bye-bye, but I too share some of the feelings of the OP and, as such, apparently care about what he/she had to say. (which invalidates Razuko's premise that no one cares)

I think I need to have another coffee -- I'm coming off as too much of an a-hole -- sorry.

#49 Syllogy

• 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:48 AM

VertigoHC

Member Since 25 Aug 2013

#50 Tolkien

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:05 AM

View PostSyllogy, on 28 August 2013 - 07:48 AM, said:

VertigoHC

Member Since 25 Aug 2013

seems about right, actually.

Posted Image

See that number of hours of battle at 9 million? PGI claims there are 1 million accounts or so> The average player spends 9 hours in MWO before they stop playing (if you believe the devs that there are ~1 million accounts).

Source> The MWO marketing people.

Edited by Tolkien, 28 August 2013 - 08:06 AM.

#51 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:06 AM

Jeeze! Fine, lets play this game.

Lets assume that the nefarious VertigoHC is a phantom account that some other mechwarrior created. Why would someone do this?

1. To be a complete {Richard Cameron} (I love the auto substututions this forum makes. +1 devs!) and get entertainment from the resulting flame-war.
2. Because he/she is so frustrated with the game direction that they hope an "I'm quitting" post might get the attention of the management and they might make some changes.
3. They are an evil game designer from a rival product who wishes to kill the game before launch.

If #1 is the case -- well enjoy buddy cause I don't mind being made to look like a fool from time to time (Everyone needs to be humbled from time to time). If #3 is the case -- there is a special place in hell for you along side people who steal candy from babies.
But what if it is #2? (hehe #2)
In this case shouldn't we aknowledge that someone cares enough to take the time to make a fake account then post their concerns about the game? Should we wonder why they took the anonymous route? Is the fan base so acrid that someone can't post a negative opinion without getting assailed? Does the OP fear reprisals from management? Should we not recognize the desparation that would push someone to do this?

No one is going to think you are being cool by acting as a raging macho, macho man. No one is going to think you are an uber gamer by posting in 80 point bold font. Certianly no one is going to think you are the alpla male by making a suicide joke. You can shout at me as much as you wan't but i'm not going to believe the wold is a marble on the back of a giant turtle without some well reasoned persuasion. You want to humble me? Fine -- I can hande it I'm a big boy; but you better do it with more than school-yard antics.

Edited by nehebkau, 28 August 2013 - 08:09 AM.

#52 DegeneratePervert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:55 AM

I uninstalled yesterday, too.

To fix a freezing bug. It fixed it.

I find it odd that someone who claims to love Battletech hates an arena-style shooter focused entirely on mech vs mech combat. Maybe I just don't understand the kids today, but I remember playing Counter Strike: Source for years, and only really played CS_Office and Dust2 over... and over... and over... and over. And this game has more depth than that shooter by far (in terms of mech customization). But, that's neither here nor there.

Insipid; meaning "tasteless," or "lacking flavor." I don't understand this point, either. I love building mechs. It's the primary reason I love this game. I probably spend more time in the mechlab than I do in actual drops.

Please think about returning once Community Warfare comes along, it might be just what you need to stay interested. Thanks for stopping by when you did.

#53 Syllogy

• 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:14 AM

View PostTolkien, on 28 August 2013 - 08:05 AM, said:

seems about right, actually. [ See that number of hours of battle at 9 million? PGI claims there are 1 million accounts or so> The average player spends 9 hours in MWO before they stop playing (if you believe the devs that there are ~1 million accounts). Source> The MWO marketing people.

That's 9 hours of game time, ~92 games.

Source: The MWO marketing people.

Edited by Syllogy, 28 August 2013 - 09:15 AM.

#54 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:18 AM

View PostRoji, on 27 August 2013 - 09:56 PM, said:

And we care why?

Because this is the "New Expanded Demographic" PGI is pursuing... and THEY STILL DON'T CARE.

They being the nebulous we aren't playing your game because....

#55 CeeKay Boques

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:19 AM

You probably need more HD space, its only 3gb.

#56 Navy Sixes

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationHeading west

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:46 AM

View Postnehebkau, on 28 August 2013 - 07:36 AM, said:

I too share some of the feelings of the OP and, as such, apparently care about what he/she had to say. (which invalidates Razuko's premise that no one cares)

I think I need to have another coffee -- I'm coming off as too much of an a-hole -- sorry.

I feel that there is not as much irony here as you want there to be. The OP is a new player who is so unhappy with the c-bill nerf that he is going to take his economic clout and go home. The general consensus is that PGI (and the rest of us) should be very concerned when new players post that they don't want to play this game, think it sucks, and will never spend money here or reccommend it to anyone. Except that the OP is not a new player, and they are not going anywhere with anything. In fact, according to statistical analysis, the more elaborate forum noise-makers like the vet behind the OP, the more money they wind up spending after they finish their, "That's it, I'm quitting!" routine. (more on this below).

Once you strip away the BS headline and the elaborate ruse of economic boycott, how is this post (and the dozens of others like it) any more important than "Nerfed LRMs suck," "Capping sucks," "Ghost-heat sucks," "De-sync sucks," "Terra-Therma sucks." "Hit Reg. sucks..." etc.etc.etc? I mean aside from the fact that you don't like the C-Bill nerf, either? Here's the thing, nehebaku: I don't mind the C-Bill nerf, and I wouldn't mind having an intellegent debate with you on the pros and cons of letting players grind through every mech in the game in 3 months, and some canon-character you can point to with 50+ assault mechs just gathering dust in a closet somewhere ("Now where did I put that Victor?") to validate the current meta, just like I don't mind having a debate about any of the other griefs listed above.

But false posts like this one give false weight to the argument against the C-Bill nerf, and I'm not going to have a debate on these terms. Let's wait until everyone calms down a little and stops making ultimatums (Undo the C-Bill nerf or the person I just invented who will never spend a dime on this game will quit and never come back!).

Eh, you're not acting that bad. But have another cup, anyway.

View Postnehebkau, on 28 August 2013 - 08:06 AM, said:

Jeeze! Fine, lets play this game.

I wish more people would do just that.

Here's an interesting link on the relationship between FTP games and their respective forum-goers. Facinating, whatever your position. You can tell yourself that MWO is a special snowflake, but I see too many similarities with the behavior described in this presentation to believe that.

http://www.slideshar...s/paying-to-win

Edited by Tycho von Gagern, 28 August 2013 - 09:52 AM.

#57 Riptor

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:17 AM

View PostDegeneratePervert, on 28 August 2013 - 08:55 AM, said:

I uninstalled yesterday, too.

To fix a freezing bug. It fixed it.

I find it odd that someone who claims to love Battletech hates an arena-style shooter focused entirely on mech vs mech combat.

To even say battletech is akin to a friggin 12 vs 12 arena shooter makes the rest of your post instant ignorable. You sir have no clue what real battletech is about.

#58 sandshrew

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:07 AM

View PostSyllogy, on 28 August 2013 - 07:48 AM, said:

VertigoHC

Member Since 25 Aug 2013

Shillogy using his favorite logical fallacy yet again.

#59 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:16 AM

View PostTycho von Gagern, on 28 August 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

Except that the OP is not a new player, and they are not going anywhere with anything. In fact, according to statistical analysis, the more elaborate forum noise-makers like the vet behind the OP, the more money they wind up spending after they finish their, "That's it, I'm quitting!" routine. (more on this below).
I mean aside from the fact that you don't like the C-Bill nerf, either? Here's the thing, nehebaku: I don't mind the C-Bill nerf
Here's an interesting link on the relationship between FTP games and their respective forum-goers

Nice to see an intelligent post. The presentation was very informative.

I understand the Cbill nerf (think it was around minute 30 of the presentation was the in game cash talk for BFh) and didnt really worry much, meaning it wasnt a 'I'm not playing any more" event (Im old enough to know how to save for things but I do like earning more money). I guess the only thing I dont like about cbills and exp is the lack of individual incentive for capping/resourcing.

The thing is, if the post is not the blantant bawling and crying of an upset pubescant fan, then their post content should be considered since the person is probably trying to express their concerns (usually they express them badly). There are serious issues with the game in so far as long-term playability is concerned and I for one would like management to put up the "future deliverables" page with some target dates. (Of course they could be afraid to do that because they'd end up with a 800 page long rant in their forums for some minor change)

Most of my suggestions for the game have, sadly, been ways for PGI to take more of my money :P Don't tell my wife or she'll make me un-semi-retire.

#60 Igorius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 215 posts
  • LocationA place beyond your dreams

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:09 PM

View PostTolkien, on 28 August 2013 - 08:05 AM, said:

See that number of hours of battle at 9 million? PGI claims there are 1 million accounts or so> The average player spends 9 hours in MWO before they stop playing (if you believe the devs that there are ~1 million accounts).

Source> The MWO marketing people.

Thanks for that. I know that the actual intricacies behind the data could be debated for a good long while, but the simple breakdown of the stats is very revealing indeed.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users