- - - - -

Poll - Limit 12 V 12 Pre-Made Group Matches To 1Pv Only

904 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll - Limit 12 V 12 Pre-Made Group Matches To 1Pv Only (1092 member(s) have cast votes)

Should 12 v 12 pre-made group matches be limited to 1PV (First Person) view mode only?

1. Yes (983 votes [91.53%])

Percentage of vote: 91.53%

2. No (91 votes [8.47%])

Percentage of vote: 8.47%

Vote

#101 ChapDude

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 64 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:16 PM

i'd love to see a neutral option, im not against the idea but i'm one of those ppl who thinks 3rd person as it is currently implemented isn't bad or op or as big or a deal as alot of ppl seem to be making it out to be.

#102 Franchi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts
  • Locationplaying something else.

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:16 PM

View PostCapnFaiiboat, on 28 August 2013 - 12:13 PM, said:

Not many votes....Where are the multitudes of anti-3PV-doomsayers. Did you quit?

Most of us are not dignifying this with a vote, either way we cast a vote we lose, if we vote yes we are supporting putting 1pv locks on 12 mans ONLY, if we vote no we are saying "no we don't want ipv only."

It's a clever poll they put together, but "my moma did raise no fool"

Edited by Franchi, 28 August 2013 - 12:20 PM.

#103 ZipZerp

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:17 PM

I have retracted my vote (Used to be yes)

But I will not play unless you institute a split match maker for 1PV or 3PV or "Any" which would drop you into either of those groups depending on first available match.

Edited by WM Zero, 28 August 2013 - 10:00 PM.

#104 Listless Nomad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:18 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 28 August 2013 - 10:21 AM, said:

This gives our CORE audience, who represent almost exclusively the 12 man team group play...

Posted Image

I do not play in 12 man groups and I take offense at the thought that PGI seems to believe that the only people who are upset are the hardcore 12 man competitive teams. I play with a max of 4 people at a time - where is my option?

Heads up - people are known as a CORE audience for a reason. PGI would do well to remember that fact.

Emphasis is mine.

Edited by Listless Nomad, 28 August 2013 - 12:22 PM.

#105 Peter2000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:19 PM

Not everything I wanted, but a step in the right direction. 12-mans is where people get competitive, anyway.

#106 Indk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:19 PM

Please do this on tuesday. I'm really tired of all the negative people and hopefully this would make them a little more happy.

#107 Oriius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 160 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:21 PM

I voted yes by virtue of it being a step in the right direction.

Though I do wonder why you are asking for the opinion of we "on the island" folk.

also how will this work with CW?

#108 Chrithu

• Bad Company
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:22 PM

Voted yes, since it's a start. Even if you want the hardcore modes (1pv only quees for public and 12 man queues) you should still vote yes here and once it's done and 12v12 is 1pv only exclusively drop in that queue to make your point.

Voting no here has the risk to be interpreted as: you don't want 1 pv only queues at all.

Edited by Jason Parker, 28 August 2013 - 12:32 PM.

#109 Runesword

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 49 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:24 PM

its not a bad start but the prob i see is that its still a slap in the face to groups of people that cant get 12 of there friends together. take for instance my unit, i have about 30 people that use to play, but trying to get even 8 people on at the same time was nearly impossible feat do too people haven a life, i.e. kids/wife/husband/work.

so in short if its brought back for only 12v12, I and many of my unit still wont come back. its not enough.

Keep to your promise of a 1pv mode, i.e. hardmode

#110 ninjaphobos

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 96 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

Dear sweet baby Kerensky in a metal manger, YES!

#111 Slopey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 105 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

Well, about time PGI.

But are you going to ignore this one too? Where's the poll for "split the queues"? Oh, yeah, it's not going to be there, because you ignored that one before.

You're half way to quelling the rage from a large part of the community - do you have the gumption to go the whole way?

It's not the minority, it's not the core, it's the community.

#112 Pyrrho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 854 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:26 PM

There should have been a "Have a forced 1PV option for ALL game modes" selection :)

#113 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:27 PM

So if I am not a premade player, I have to live with 3PV imbalances?

And if a premade team wants to teach a noob, they don't get the choice to use 3PV?

Strange limitations.

I suppose I'll support it just because then at least some people have the option to play 1PV only, even if it's not me.

#114 nbrnqq

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:27 PM

Yes plz

#115 soarra

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,312 posts
  • Locationny

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:28 PM

View PostPyrrho, on 28 August 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

There should have been a "Have a forced 1PV option for ALL game modes" selection :)

actually we shouldn't even be having this discussion..

#116 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:31 PM

View Postsoarra, on 28 August 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

actually we shouldn't even be having this discussion..

Well Soarra, it looks like your sig is right if this goes through. If you never want to play against someone in 3PV, that is definitely going to be an option now.

#117 ICEFANG13

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:31 PM

People who dislike 3rd person, and PGI lying. Vote yes, and don't give ground. We want separate queues too. If you want 1st person only, it should be an option.

PGI, listen, I don't really trust you, and I will learn to trust you, if you remain honest over some time. I really do appreciate this, really do. Look at this poll. People want 1st person only queues. Not just 12 man, make it everyone. I really appreciate you getting this feedback, but look deeper. People still feel betrayed. Just think, if you added so many people, why is this a problem?

Personally I am ok with this, although you can bet I'm still fighting for a 1st person only 4 man etc, since that's where I practice most. Its hard to get 12 people to play all the time because of the damage you've done to my group (who, although no speaking for all, or all the time, generally have some similar views to mine).

Thank you, really, but I still don't trust you, at least not for now.

#118 Bloody Moon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:32 PM

Give us a poll asking if we want Hardcore public queue, then we're talking, in the meantime this is better than nothing.

#119 DocBach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:33 PM

Step in a right direction, but an even better poll would be "Should we have split queues between 1st/3rd person and 1st person modes?"

#120 soarra

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,312 posts
  • Locationny

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:34 PM

View PostHeffay, on 28 August 2013 - 12:31 PM, said:

Well Soarra, it looks like your sig is right if this goes through. If you never want to play against someone in 3PV, that is definitely going to be an option now.

only in 12 man queues. which is STill ********

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users