- - - - -

Poll - Limit 12 V 12 Pre-Made Group Matches To 1Pv Only

904 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll - Limit 12 V 12 Pre-Made Group Matches To 1Pv Only (1092 member(s) have cast votes)

Should 12 v 12 pre-made group matches be limited to 1PV (First Person) view mode only?

1. Yes (983 votes [91.53%])

Percentage of vote: 91.53%

2. No (91 votes [8.47%])

Percentage of vote: 8.47%

Vote

#61 DeathofSelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 655 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:30 AM

How about instead of a half-assed solution you add a 1pv only option like you said you would since you have all these new players and this amazing player retention now

#62 Caviel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 637 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:30 AM

This is a step in the right direction for me, although I would like the option of doing less than 12 v 12 premade groups in 1PV only as well.

For all those that are against 3PV, in it's entirety or otherwise, this is your true way to make your voice heard. Not just through this poll, but by only dropping in the 12v12 premade queue if/when it becomes 1PV only.

Yes, I realize many people don't want to play in the full pre-made queue only, or may not have the numbers, but we must find a way to make this happen. Find an organization to cooperate with temporarily if you must. If you truly want to see 3PV shifted to new pilot and tutorial use only, find a way to make it happen that every drop is in a group of 12 should this be implemented.

If enough people gather into the 12 pilot group drops specifically because it is 3PV-free, perhaps we can get PGI to consider 1PV only queues across the board beyond this change as well.

#63 Hann Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 276 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:31 AM

Indeed. Community Warfare is what will bring back the numerous people who have burned out with the grind and will really grow your customer base. Weight limits are also more important than this.

#64 onipanda

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:31 AM

Mu

#65 Meta Trebuchet

Clone

• 4 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:32 AM

Who actually plays 12 v 12? Last time I did, ran into the same group 4 times in a row. We stopped after that.

#66 Karl Split

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Good compromise, you got my vote there Bryan :P

#67 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

View PostTKSax, on 28 August 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

Yes, but where have they stated this anywhere (not that it matters) Sounds like to me you are saying how you think it will work, and trust me past experience should have told us that we cannot even begin to think like PGI. Even if it worked like that how is that going to effect the 1pv and 3pv option, if they actually do this.

Admittedly, I cannot think on the same wavelength at the same level PGI is, so you could be right. I'm just saying that it makes sense the way I'm describing it... it is the "easiest solution" to that problem (you know, the KISS system).

Unfortunately, there is zero promise of a 1PV only queue for anything outside of 12v12 at this moment (and we have no CW, so there's no promise to be held to yet).

#68 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:33 AM

Yes +1

#69 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:34 AM

View PostLordVanquish, on 28 August 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

This is a small step in the right direction - small, but significant.

However, I'm getting vibes that there are ulterior motives driving this - that is if we signed off on this, that would mean that 3PV will be forever embedded in PUGs and not changed from it's current forum.

I still would like an option for a 1PV queue only, with 1PV being FORCED in 12v12 (splitting the 12v12 queue is the worst thing you can do).

I think that's exactly what they plan. They will use this as an excuse not to split the queues. I think it should be clarified, if we vote for this does this mean that there will be no option to choose 1PV only in PUG games. Can we get this clarified? Or is the best we get one post a day, I guess by their metrics that's a huge improvement in communication.
I would hold off voting if that's their aim. You may well be voting to officially kill split queues and they can say they listened. :P

#70 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:38 AM

It's a start.

#71 BigBadVlad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 242 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:38 AM

agree, it's a band-aid solution....

#72 Roheryn

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:39 AM

I voted Yes. However to regain me as a player and potentially a payer again you absolutely must institute a 1pv only pug queue as well....like you said you would.

Edited by Roheryn, 28 August 2013 - 11:41 AM.

#73 Caviel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 637 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

View PostRG Notch, on 28 August 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

I think it should be clarified, if we vote for this does this mean that there will be no option to choose 1PV only in PUG games.

I think Bryan's original post made it fairly clear:

The public queues will remain a mix of 1PV and 3PV modes and Hardcore mode will be removed from the drop down list.

12 pilot groups would be 1PV, 1-4 pilot groups would allow a mix.

I would hold off voting if that's their aim. You may well be voting to officially kill split queues and they can say they listened.

Which is why I propose that everyone opposed to 3PV to go out of their way to only drop in 12 pilot groups. If enough people start doing 12 pilot drops just to get away from 3PV...

Added bonus, more diversity in 12 pilot groups!

#74 Farpenoodle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 240 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

Voted no because the option should be there to both play 1PV only as a solo player, and with 3PV for 12v12. But if this is just a short term solution then my opinion is "sure fine whatever."

#75 Comguard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 652 posts
  • LocationBavaria, Germany

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:44 AM

Would prefer a refund. I don't want to play against 3PV-players in PUG-matches.

#76 TrentTheWanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 264 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:45 AM

Maybe this is their attempt at fixing the 12 player queues, make it the only way to have an authentic MechWarrior experience without contending with the MechAssault crowd.

I guess that would make their motives a little more clear.

#77 ShadowSpirit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • 341 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:45 AM

Any rated match should be. 12 vs 12 should not be the only option in this game.

1 vs 1
2 vs 2
4 vs 4
8 vs 8
12 vs 12

... c'mon PGI. This thread feels like a diversion.

"If you don't like what is being said, then change the conversation."

Most folks frustrated with 3PV want a skill based game. They want to test themselves. The arena style FPS {Scrap} you are going toward (mech regen) is going to be an epic fail. There are too many games out there that are just better than MWO when it comes to FPS and I don't care what the {Noble MechWarriors} at PC Gamer say.

Dave <HoS>

#78 Uba

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:46 AM

This poll has a very loaded question.

There should be a third option of "No to both."

#79 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:46 AM

View PostCaviel, on 28 August 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

I think Bryan's original post made it fairly clear:

The public queues will remain a mix of 1PV and 3PV modes and Hardcore mode will be removed from the drop down list.

12 pilot groups would be 1PV, 1-4 pilot groups would allow a mix.

Which is why I propose that everyone opposed to 3PV to go out of their way to only drop in 12 pilot groups. If enough people start doing 12 pilot drops just to get away from 3PV...

Added bonus, more diversity in 12 pilot groups!

I don't entirely disagree with the sentiment... but shouldn't we be doing the opposite?

12-mans are insanely hard to put together. When we get tonnage limits (not even sure of that ETA at all), discussing who gets what becomes incredibly more difficult to manage (not impossible, but time consuming). It is effectively like a major commitment in league games back in MW4 days... so it's a very difficult thing to just "get it going".

Edit:
Fixed duplicate quotes.

Edited by Deathlike, 28 August 2013 - 11:51 AM.

#80 Airborne Thunder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 562 posts
  • LocationFiddler's Green

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:48 AM

They lock the post regarding Russ' "apology" and give us this shiny object to distract us. Maybe if we are really good and enough people vote for it we can have what has been promised to us all along. Now we need a poll to tell them what we have been telling them for over 280 pages of Russ' "apology" thread.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users