- - - - -

Poll - Limit 12 V 12 Pre-Made Group Matches To 1Pv Only

904 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll - Limit 12 V 12 Pre-Made Group Matches To 1Pv Only (1092 member(s) have cast votes)

Should 12 v 12 pre-made group matches be limited to 1PV (First Person) view mode only?

1. Yes (983 votes [91.53%])

Percentage of vote: 91.53%

2. No (91 votes [8.47%])

Percentage of vote: 8.47%

Vote

#21 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:04 AM

View PostDEMAX51, on 28 August 2013 - 11:03 AM, said:

It's fine by me for the time being, but I would hope at some point (perhaps when the playerbase has grown substantially and could tolerate segregation) that we'll have true 1PV and 3PV queues for PUGs as well as 12-mans.

This is more of a permanent like placation that doesn't result in actual change to 3PV. There is literally no proof that PGI will make that happen.

#22 BlueVisionWarrior Online

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 107 posts
  • Locationmaking clicking noises behind you

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:05 AM

Coolio

#23 jozkhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 384 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:05 AM

How about you SWITCH ON Hardcore mode so everyone can play in 1PV only games?

You are going to do it anyway right? That's what the button is there for isn't it?

You may as well just eat up your humble pie now and get it over with. Frame it however you like to swallow it. omnomnom

what a second I just read the small print - Hardcore mode will be removed and not be available to the rest of the player base. No deal deleting my vote.

Edited by jozkhan, 28 August 2013 - 11:08 AM.

#24 Tedarin

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 77 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:06 AM

Bah! I pug game a lot and still just want to play in 1pv against other 1pv players, no 3pv.
And getting a 12-man team will be hard now when PGI/IGP does such a wonderful job in driving away players...

So implement 1pv-only options for all gamemodes.

Edit: Didn't vote. But reported the poll for being biased, no option for 1pv only in all gamemodes.

Edited by Tedarin, 28 August 2013 - 06:56 PM.

#25 Xavier Wulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:06 AM

I smell a trap...If you are going to do this, then why not just put in separate queues? I didn't always play with full premades and I didn't always play with premades in general, but that doesn't mean that I'm ok with being in a game with 3rd person players.

If I'm going to be playing this game again, I had better not be forced to play with 3PV or in a premade.

A lot of arguments throughout the beta talk about not wanting to be forced to play in a certain style (mostly referring to the Pug vs Premade arguments), and I must say, If I were to pug, I don't want 3pv, if I were to play in 4 man premade, I don't want 3pv, and if I were to play in 12 man premade, I don't want 3pv.

Instead of making an entirely new proposal, how about you listen to the feedback that has been given to you. Separate Queues.

#26 Rando2

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:07 AM

Unless it also applies in CW, if or when implemented, I don't think it really matters. I don't care for 3PV at all, however: the use/abuse of 3PV will only really tell when actual Community Warfare assets are at stake.

#27 Tolkien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:07 AM

Posted Image

Just suck up your pride and split the queues like you said you would or ashcan the BS 3pv mode entirely.

P.S. The best part is just under the tail feathers.

Edited by Tolkien, 28 August 2013 - 11:08 AM.

#28 TKSax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:08 AM

Wait I thought the 12 Man group was going away? That soon we were going to be able to make a group of any where between 2-12 people, are you saying that is not what is going to happen now.... Seems like that was in a recent atd (45 I know).

#29 Pendraco

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 469 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:09 AM

I will accept this - thank you. However, I still drop in Pub's a lot and I think 3pv could use some work, and what to do with seismic? For 15k GXP and 6 million CB's it is truly useless with 3pv (3pv gives you virtually unlimited range and better information for free).

#30 John Cooke

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 21 posts

I rarely post, but I do read the forums.

I was just about to post here http://mwomercs.com/.../page__st__5620

Just as it got locked, I m posting this because I know there's more people like me that are not expressing their thoughts regarding this 3PV travesty. I for one have giving all the changes you made to the game a chance, from the heat stuff to others, and mostly backed you guys up.

BUT... when I first heard that another Mech game was coming out I got really exited, since I have been playing this franchise for some time now, One of the main things I liked was the commitment back then to a 1pv only experience, since I hated 3pv in mech4, but at least I had the choice to play it in 1pv only. Hell I even shelled out some dollars for an unfinished game.

Now, when you changed your mind and said you were going to add 3pv here I didn't like the Idea, but still gave it a chance, now that I have tested it I can tell you I HATE IT... But since you said I would not be forced to play with console lovers I was OK with it.

Now to this poll, I don't always play with pre-made groups so I don't agree with you removing the "hardcore option", If I wan't to play lonewolf public matches other lonwolfs that hate "console mode", I should have the option of doing so.

Hope you reconsider this, since like a lot of other persons I am considering stop playing this game and would really hate that an opportunity to bring back a mech game was thrown in the trash.

#31 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

View PostSilent, on 28 August 2013 - 10:58 AM, said:

You don't listen to community polls anyway so why should I bother voting?

Get lost.

It's to see how many people who said they were never going to play again were actually serious about it.

This is one of the few times a self-selected poll can be useful. The self-selected people will essentially be the same group, so you can actually compare the results with a decent margin of error.

#32 Davis Andrews

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:10 AM

I voted yes, with a caveat.

The very moment that a second 12vs12 queue is created for mixed 1PV/3PV because the 3PV crowd want it, you must ALSO create a second 1PV Only for the pug matches.

I would like to know how this will affect Community Warfare?

Edited by Davis Andrews, 28 August 2013 - 11:11 AM.

#33 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:10 AM

View PostTKSax, on 28 August 2013 - 11:08 AM, said:

Wait I thought the 12 Man group was going away? That soon we were going to be able to make a group of any where between 2-12 people, are you saying that is not what is going to happen now.... Seems like that was in a recent atd (45 I know).

That's not what was stated in that AtD.

There's an understanding that there is "inflexibilities" from a "max of a 4 man" to a "12 man only queue". All PGI has stated is that there will be more flexibility into having a "max of 11 man teams" and the "12 man only queue".

I hope that clarifies this for you.

#34 Kunae

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:11 AM

Or you could just turn on the option for 1pv queues, today.

#35 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:13 AM

View PostKunae, on 28 August 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

Or you could just turn on the option for 1pv queues, today.

It honestly doesn't sound like they are interested in doing that. All they are doing is just changing the dynamics of 12v12, which doesn't actually change the queues at all... simply enforcing "one limitation" on an already existing (and very small) queue.

#36 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:14 AM

If you can't just "turn on 1pv queues today, for some resource reason, the alternative is to revert back to the 1pv queue and add in the 1pv/3pv queue when the resources free up.

#37 jozkhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 384 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:14 AM

You sold the founders this game based on first person, you sold MC for a year based on first person.

We've got all the links and articles and reviews and press releases to prove it. Even your own website says it:

'By placing the player in a first person view of a BattleMech pilot, MechWarrior Online provides a whole new level of immersion into the game space.'

PUG Players want first person too.

Give it back.

#38 Grandmaster Ramrod

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationComfortable Leather Chair

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:16 AM

I'd rather you didn't do this as I don't play in 12mans but would still like to play in a first person only environment.

That being said, I'm sure you'll do what you deem best.

I'll still drop from time to time, but my heart just isn't in it anymore. Which, for me, is a real shame.

See you around, Mech'eads

#39 EvilCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:17 AM

Yes but 12vs12 is almost empty now, will the 12 men restriction be lifted on that queue when other balancing parameter will be implemented? (tonnage restrictions for example)

Call it the "league mode" or something like that.

#40 Hugh Fairgrove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 120 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:18 AM

View PostFarix, on 28 August 2013 - 10:51 AM, said:

No, because the players should have a choise of doing 1PV/3PV or 1PV-only, even in 12v12. It should not be limited to just one option.

Agreed and you cant take a poll like this without an unbiased option. This is kind of loaded and dirty especially since you locked up the 3pv thread and directed it to this. All I'm seeing is negitive things from you guys today, pretty disapointing.

Add "seperate 1pv/3vp or just 1pv queue" as a poll option and I'll vote.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users