- - - - -

Poll - Limit 12 V 12 Pre-Made Group Matches To 1Pv Only

904 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll - Limit 12 V 12 Pre-Made Group Matches To 1Pv Only (1092 member(s) have cast votes)

Should 12 v 12 pre-made group matches be limited to 1PV (First Person) view mode only?

1. Yes (983 votes [91.53%])

Percentage of vote: 91.53%

2. No (91 votes [8.47%])

Percentage of vote: 8.47%

Vote

#41 Zolthar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 162 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:17 AM

View PostDEMAX51, on 28 August 2013 - 11:03 AM, said:

It's fine by me for the time being, but I would hope at some point (perhaps when the playerbase has grown substantially and could tolerate segregation) that we'll have true 1PV and 3PV queues for PUGs as well as 12-mans.

I guess PGI will monitor how often new players tend to use the 3PV, and if even them don't use it, maybe they will just remove the option of using the 3PV.

I fail to see how 3PV will make noobs better players...

#42 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:18 AM

View PostKunae, on 28 August 2013 - 11:14 AM, said:

If you can't just "turn on 1pv queues today, for some resource reason, the alternative is to revert back to the 1pv queue and add in the 1pv/3pv queue when the resources free up.

It's not a resource reason... it's not even a "queue" exactly.

If you even remotely "remember" the MW4/MW3 days where FFP (forced first person) was an option, you had to select it and the game (server+clients) would have to enforce that setting. In MWO, a queue would have to be constructed to do that (see 12-man queue "revision"). Since the game as currently constituted does not have such a control (and Bryan put an ETA on when that is released, however meh that sounds to you), you have to add one. Since MWO never implemented a control to prevent 3PV in the first place, there is "no additional work" to add queues... you simply "use the queues as is".

I hope that explains it to you.

#43 Zolthar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 162 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:20 AM

View PostDEMAX51, on 28 August 2013 - 11:03 AM, said:

It's fine by me for the time being, but I would hope at some point (perhaps when the playerbase has grown substantially and could tolerate segregation) that we'll have true 1PV and 3PV queues for PUGs as well as 12-mans.

I guess PGI will monitor how often new players tend to use the 3PV, and if even them don't use it, maybe they will just remove the option of using the 3PV.

P.S.
3PV is nice to see if your missile doors are open, since you've removed the weapon door's light from the cockpit :P

Edited by Zolthar, 28 August 2013 - 11:21 AM.

#44 warner2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Uh, let me see, yes?

#45 Zphyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 703 posts

View PostBryan Ekman, on 28 August 2013 - 10:21 AM, said:

This gives our core audience, who represent almost exclusively the 12 man team group play, a place to enjoy a pure 1PV experience..

I don't know...

Most 12v12 are indeed "core" players (who else?), but many don't play 12v12 that often, and even those that do most likely not exclusively. Personally it does not affect me as I don't like 12v12... I am a "casual core", like plenty of players out there. But it may be a good sign for those that does. If they don't mind not being able to find a match after the 10th try.

It's still better than nothing, since you refuse to add queues for anything else. I wish to enjoy pure 1PV, but I am not hardcore enough for you guys, I guess. Once again, it shows us just how few active players MWO has. This is worrisome.

#46 John MatriX82

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Ok for 12vs12 forced to 1PV.

BUT I can stand if you keep us mixed in PUG matches with 3PV only if you:
  • make that the drone is a pilot module (make it free for everyone, but you need that module slot)
  • make that the drone can be destroyed (10 hp?), once destroyed you can re-employ it only in the next match
  • If the player keeps shaking the drone (turning view left or right so that you can't shoot it) a blur effect arises rendering the view temporary impaired.

If the above can't be afforded or it's unbalanced or whatever, then leave as it is now free for everyone, that you can't shoot it but:

View range is limited to 750m with a fog of war or optical distrotion of some sort, so that it's in line with either night or heat vision.

Do either one of these two things above and my faith in you might and I say again MIGHT be restored, or at least re-started from 0 level, from the uber negative it's now. Until then allowing us to have organized matches forces to 1PV only it's not an answer to the core players, I'm still feeling trolled by you devs, because us core players would also like to pug without dealing with players exploiting 3PV! 3PV should have never been implemented! But since you did it anyway, one of the above nerfs might do it for me.

Then once UI 2.0 will be available, leave a nice option to force 3PV off in organized matches/rooms whatsoever. It's not that difficult.

Edited by John MatriX82, 28 August 2013 - 11:26 AM.

#47 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:21 AM

View PostZolthar, on 28 August 2013 - 11:17 AM, said:

There is no "maybe" according to PGI. There is zero promise to remove 3PV, and I don't expect them to at this point.

#48 Airborne Thunder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 562 posts
  • LocationFiddler's Green

September Creative Developer Update

"What an August! We released some really big features in 12v12 and 3PV: Both have been a great success and delivered on our goals of adding more action, tactics, and deeper gameplay (12v12), while continuing to make the game appeal to a broader audience of gamers (3PV). After releasing 3PV we saw an immediate improvement in our target demographic, with a good bump in new player retention!"

Posted Image

What planet are these people living on? Please just ignore the nearly 300 pages of people saying they hate 3pv (and/or the lies regarding 3pv) and pretend that it doesn't exist. I swear by all that is holy that PGI will never see a penny from me again. Good luck getting your 12 year old demographic to buy your next $80.00 package deal.

P.S. When you guys use terms like "vocal minority" you sound arrogant, condescending and are dismissing 90% of the people who took the time to log into the forums to voice their opinion about the games direction. Not a good way to get these people to give you more money. Money, that is what you truly care about right? Not promises. Just money.

Edited by Airborne Thunder, 28 August 2013 - 11:43 AM.

#49 TKSax

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

View PostDeathlike, on 28 August 2013 - 11:10 AM, said:

That's not what was stated in that AtD.

There's an understanding that there is "inflexibilities" from a "max of a 4 man" to a "12 man only queue". All PGI has stated is that there will be more flexibility into having a "max of 11 man teams" and the "12 man only queue".

I hope that clarifies this for you.

Ugh I hope they do not do that... its a pain to keep 12 man together for more than a few drops. So every time we were to get a 12 player or lose that 12 player you have to reform the group.... ugh... I just re-read atd 45 answer from Paul and I see know where that they indicate the 12 man que would stay after they implemented weight limits. Are you reading between the lines, or am I just understanding it differently than you.

#50 Doc Andrews

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:22 AM

Naw. At high level organized play, it matters so little, I couldn't possibly care. A scout can have a slightly better PoV. You can check a couple corners slightly easier. But it's no replacement for Seismic, and actually fighting in 3rd is laughable. At this point, even 10 out of 12 PUGs aren't using it at all.

So I want the Devs to focus on things that will REALLY change the game. Community warfare. Lobbies.

Every stupid distraction that diverts attention away from these massively important goals needs to be scrapped.

#51 DeathofSelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 655 posts
  • LocationChicago

View PostDeathlike, on 28 August 2013 - 10:55 AM, said:

Hold on... why is this solely limited to the 12v12 queues?

Understandably that 12v12 is where the "competitive matches" go, but that is the worst logic to "balance" this game. That is not even a fix or resolution to the problem... just a mediocre placation to the problem at hand.

This is worse than unacceptable... it is completely myopic at best as a solution.

What this guy said.

I don't even have enough friends that play anymore to fill out a 12 man

Edited by DeathofSelf, 28 August 2013 - 11:24 AM.

#52 Alexei Karnov

Rookie

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 6 posts

Ah so the countdown to Mech-Assault-Online may have stalled? We can only hope

#53 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:25 AM

View PostTKSax, on 28 August 2013 - 11:21 AM, said:

Ugh I hope they do not do that... its a pain to keep 12 man together for more than a few drops. So every time we were to get a 12 player or lose that 12 player you have to reform the group.... ugh... I just re-read atd 45 answer from Paul and I see know where that they indicate the 12 man que would stay after they implemented weight limits. Are you reading between the lines, or am I just understanding it differently than you.

Think of it this way.

You know how when you create a group, there's an option between max 4 man, and 12 man only? Instead of having that option, you can create a team "up to 12 players". When you have 12 players, you are automatically placed in the 12-man queue. When you do not have 12 players, you are placed in the regular queue.

I hope that keeps it simple for you.

#54 LordVanquish

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:26 AM

This is a small step in the right direction - small, but significant.

However, I'm getting vibes that there are ulterior motives driving this - that is if we signed off on this, that would mean that 3PV will be forever embedded in PUGs and not changed from it's current forum.

I still would like an option for a 1PV queue only, with 1PV being FORCED in 12v12 (splitting the 12v12 queue is the worst thing you can do).

#55 Banditman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:26 AM

Until there is something to play for, this doesn't really matter all that much.

People who say they are leaving because of 3pv are, for the most part, already looking for a reason to leave. 3pv just made for an easy excuse.

Your real problem remains that you have failed to provide the "EVE with Mechs" gameplay that your Community Warfare pillar promised. Without any sort of competition, your churn rate is going to be awful and any change/choice you make is going to give those folks who are frustrated a convenient excuse to walk away. The crux of this game is utterly stale at this point because you haven't managed to develop the game you intended to develop.

I'm still here PGI. I'm still in your corner, but you're making it very, very hard for me and the 350+ pilots in my unit to maintain interest.

#56 TrentTheWanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 264 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:27 AM

View PostEvilCow, on 28 August 2013 - 11:17 AM, said:

Yes but 12vs12 is almost empty now, will the 12 men restriction be lifted on that queue when other balancing parameter will be implemented? (tonnage restrictions for example)

Call it the "league mode" or something like that.

I heard this suggestion and almost had a... I dunno, glimmer of hope?

That's actually a good idea, in the first three pages of a "feedback" thread. Someone might actually see it and decide to implement it, and I might actually get to enjoy a good MechWarrior title before I die.

Please guys, give us a "league" mode. 2-12 players, 1PV, tonnage based matches. That's all I wanted in the first place. I'll buy your Phoenix package, just give the game back.

#57 Humble Sea Bass

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:28 AM

To be fair, they will probably screw this up too.

#58 TKSax

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:28 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 28 August 2013 - 11:25 AM, said:

Think of it this way.

You know how when you create a group, there's an option between max 4 man, and 12 man only? Instead of having that option, you can create a team "up to 12 players". When you have 12 players, you are automatically placed in the 12-man queue. When you do not have 12 players, you are placed in the regular queue.

I hope that keeps it simple for you.

Yes, but where have they stated this anywhere (not that it matters) Sounds like to me you are saying how you think it will work, and trust me past experience should have told us that we cannot even begin to think like PGI. Even if it worked like that how is that going to effect the 1pv and 3pv option, if they actually do this.

#59 Uba

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:29 AM

The question for the poll is very loaded. Maybe if you can elaborate further on what it means you'll get a vote from me.

#60 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • LocationRaiding the Cookie Jar

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:29 AM

I would be willing to bet that if the poll was 'should 3PV be removed from the game all together' the results would be VERY similar.

PGI wasted development time and dollars on a feature few (if ANY) wanted instead of developing the content they told us they would. Still no Community Warfare, still have to scroll through 92 mechs (no UI 2.0), but hay we have 3PV (makes a fist and waves it up and down by crotch). That is alright though, PGI didn't really want any more of my money anyway.

Make no doubt about it....I stay only for my unit. A unit I might add that has already developed and implemented an awards system, and that has hosted internal tournaments (through no help of PGI).

It is a sad state of affairs when a unit has done more to develop a game, then the game staff. Then again, with 3PV out before CW and UI 2.0 these are sad times.

Edited by Armando, 28 August 2013 - 11:40 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users