1219 replies to this topic

#1001 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:55 PM

View PostS3dition, on 24 September 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

Which means... nothing? I play the game, I get cbills, the "problem" takes care of itself.

Well I was mostly being facetious, but to be fair that is a sizeable chunk of time investment for some people.

#1002 Monsoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:25 AM

View PostWarHippy, on 24 September 2013 - 01:28 PM, said:

Lets also not forget the 27,000,000 c-bills you have to pay for double heat sinks. ;)

Well look at the bright side, it's only 18million for DHS, initially and 2 months to come up with the rest. :huh:

Personally, I'm nearly back up to 40m after the spending spree I had with my Orion. So I know I'm already covered for DHS and ES. I'm just curious how many XL engines and weapons I'll need to buy... :)

#1003 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:38 AM

View PostMonsoon, on 26 September 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

Well look at the bright side, it's only 18million for DHS, initially and 2 months to come up with the rest. :huh:

Personally, I'm nearly back up to 40m after the spending spree I had with my Orion. So I know I'm already covered for DHS and ES. I'm just curious how many XL engines and weapons I'll need to buy... :)

All of them

#1004 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:57 AM

View PostMonsoon, on 26 September 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

Personally, I'm nearly back up to 40m after the spending spree I had with my Orion. So I know I'm already covered for DHS and ES. I'm just curious how many XL engines and weapons I'll need to buy... :huh:

Just be glad you don't have OCD like me. Each of my 20 mechs has its own engine (either STD or XL) and its own set of modules, weapons and equipment. I'm space poor this week.

#1005 Kageru Ikazuchi

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:57 AM

View PostMason Grimm, on 26 September 2013 - 08:57 AM, said:

Just be glad you don't have OCD like me. Each of my 20 mechs has its own engine (either STD or XL) and its own set of modules, weapons and equipment. I'm space poor this week.

I started out thinking that each 'mech has it's own modules was a good idea ... I gave up when I realized that this would double (or more) the cost of some 'mechs (when fully equipped).

Now, I keep the 'mechs with modules in the "ready 'mech" slots (so that I can find the damn things when my team needs me to run something else), and have no more than four of any one type of module.

#1006 jd7710

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 79 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationmid atlantic

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:06 AM

all you guys complain its supposed to be free to play and it is. nobody is putting a gun to your head saying spend money. if you want the extras you pay. I hear no one complain when they renew xbox live membership or everytime there is dlc you have to pay for. enjoy the game or don't I have spent way less money on mwo than any other system and enjoy it much more not having to listen to a bunch of 8 yr olds talk about how they need to level up

#1007 Chronojam

• 2,185 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:02 AM

View Postjd7710, on 29 September 2013 - 08:06 AM, said:

I hear no one complain when they renew xbox live membership or everytime there is dlc you have to pay for.

I sure do! Especially on-disc DLC. If people weren't complaining about Xbox Live renewals and that whole system, I doubt Microsoft would have made the upcoming changes to family gold accounts that they've announced; it's not in their nature to toss you a freebie like that.

#1008 DjPush

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

When are we gonna see some new weapons? You can release as many mechs as you want but without new weapons there are only so many combinations. Give us some new weapons so we can toy with new load outs!

#1009 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:46 PM

The timeline will give us more weapons in time as lostech (lost technology from the Star League era) is reintroduced into the Inner Sphere... but it will be a while, unless the Devs diverge from their inital plans to stay concurrent with the timeline setup for MWO.

#1010 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:08 PM

View PostGrendel408, on 30 September 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

The timeline will give us more weapons in time as lostech (lost technology from the Star League era) is reintroduced into the Inner Sphere... but it will be a while, unless the Devs diverge from their inital plans to stay concurrent with the timeline setup for MWO.

They already postponed the timeline several months back. They also stated that they may or may not go back to it, based upon its feasibility with eventual production delays.

#1011 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:40 PM

View PostNick REX Trebla, on 23 September 2013 - 11:58 PM, said:

Right, ok. And what I should do with 18 'mechs??? Eighteen ?!?! :P Anyway for what I see in the "P" equipment potential I really can't match my playstyle with this. Everything else is cosmetics and texturing. And now that I'm back in this... The "Thunderbolt": is it just me or it is definitely a Thor??? :D Oh no, right that one has no hands and the missile bowl on the other shoulder :o

Umm...you do realize that the Thunderbolt came before the Thor, right? In both, lore and real world timelines. PGI didn't create either of those mechs.

Think about that for a second...

#1012 Khayron

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:02 PM

What i want to know is: will I be able to purchase the saber pack after the phoenix pack is delivered, but before the december's saber pack release?

Edited by Khayron, 01 October 2013 - 02:04 PM.

#1013 New Breed

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:09 PM

Also make the sale last until Friday ..payday $$$$

#1014 Panthros

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:31 PM

I ask for only a couple of things PGI. When will the Phoenix and Sabre sale end? Please communicate the date.

When can I have my Marauder, Marauder II and Warhammer :D The Marauder II can be the Wolf Dragoon special. Rifleman just to check it off of my list though you are likely going to do a IIC for the clans and make me wait hehe.

I held off on the founders since the game was beta and wish I would have made the jump, I will definitely buy the Overlord Phoenix and Sabre packs.

#1015 Karyudo ds

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,706 posts
  • LocationChaos March

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

View PostPanthros, on 01 October 2013 - 09:31 PM, said:

When can I have my Marauder, Marauder II and Warhammer :D The Marauder II can be the Wolf Dragoon special. Rifleman just to check it off of my list though you are likely going to do a IIC for the clans and make me wait hehe.

Only as long as it takes them to realize they could use Shimmering Sword's version...and you know, make all the clan mechs go pew pew.

#1016 Ensaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOn a frozen rock .....

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:33 AM

View PostImperius, on 23 September 2013 - 12:40 PM, said:

I took Sept 26th off of work to watch the streams and see what they say about CW. I have a feeling you guys will be put in your place.

And? How did that go for ya?

#1017 Ensaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOn a frozen rock .....

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:48 AM

Not a chance on the package. I bought a package already, a $60 package, back in closed beta.

Since then, PGI has made me feel as if I've been kicked in my own package numerous times.

The amount of money getting spent by some of you people astounds me, but hey, whatever floats your boat. I just remember the times when a $60 purchase got you the whole, well rounded game, in a box you took home. I'm guessing the DLC thing in console gaming trained a great many people here.

In my mind, I spent the equivalent of a whole, finished game. PGI gets nothing more. They took the Founder's 5 MILLION, spent it, then kicked the Founders to the curb.

The stream of the Launch Party capped it for me. Talk about low budget......

And yes, the art department, IMO< is what's keeping this whole thing afloat.

Now, I just double clicked on a game icon, and it wasn't MWO.......

Edited by Ensaine, 02 October 2013 - 02:49 AM.

#1018 mechbane

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 99 posts
  • Locationlondon

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:05 AM

hmm ok so i'm going to cave in and buy this but please fix the game with at least some of the money :D

#1019 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:12 AM

View PostEnsaine, on 02 October 2013 - 02:48 AM, said:

The amount of money getting spent by some of you people astounds me, but hey, whatever floats your boat. I just remember the times when a $60 purchase got you the whole, well rounded game, in a box you took home. I'm guessing the DLC thing in console gaming trained a great many people here.

The cost per hour of play I have enjoyed for this game comes to $1.86 per hour. I've put in over three times as many hours as I have in any AAA title.

And physical media is for chumps. Steam is the future, game boxes are for consoles.

#1020 Simbacca

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 797 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:28 AM

View PostMason Grimm, on 26 September 2013 - 08:57 AM, said:

I see your 20 mechs and raise you 31 in my collection. Like you all are engined and fully equipped. 28 of those mechs run XL engines... Though in the case of modules only advanced sensor range is permanently assigned. All other modules are assigned on as needed basis (otherwise I would not be able to afford all those XL engines)...

View PostWarHippy, on 24 September 2013 - 01:28 PM, said:

Lets also not forget the 27,000,000 c-bills you have to pay for double heat sinks. :D

By my estimate, I need 100 million C-Bills to cover costs of Double Heat Sinks, Endo-Structure, XL Engines, Weapons and other needed kit.

Current C-Bill Stockpile: 60 million C-Bills.

Edited by Simbacca, 02 October 2013 - 05:29 AM.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users