Saber Reinforcement Package!

1219 replies to this topic

#1101 Crocjaw

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationTulsa, Oklahoma

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

I buy everything. But I wont need the Saber package for a year or two. The reason is it will take me forever to master them out. My XP production is way down since the 12v12 came along. I started late to the game but I was well on my way to getting all the mechs and keeping up with new production. I didn't always have enough C-bills but I made up by buying about every third mech with MC. Now I cant keep up with production much less go back and pick up mechs that I missed coming late to the game. I am sure this is working out for you or you would change it, but from me you are getting a lot less money. I invite you to look up my spending if you don't believe me. I just don't have anything to spend my MC on with the slow accumulation of XP. (I was spending way too much on the game anyway: somewhere in the range of $400 to date.(over 400 I just looked)

#1102 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:26 AM

View PostPropagandaWar, on 08 October 2013 - 08:32 AM, said:

MW3 and 4 2+ Years and sometimes still play. Stronghold Still play, MechCommander Still Play. Homeworld would still play. I've put in over a year playing this game every day and spent over a grand and no I don't regret it. I have been frustrated at times but I don't regret it one bit.

You and me both Brother-man.

LegFound, PHX-Overlord/Saber, YLW, Ilya, Protector and DragonSlayer. Sarah's Jenner (best mech I never use), and would buy a good Hero Catapult and Hunchie without hesitation. (Hunchback would either still have to be able to pack an ac20 or have JJs if not). Have bought plenty of incidentals when the whim hits, and don't see that changing. Good chance I will buy the Clan Pack when it arrives. Have built 2 rigs specifically to play with Stompy Robots.

For sure I will give Titansfall a look, and Star Citizen, but as long as we finally start getting some content now that the back end is mostly stable, I see this as still being an every day play for me.

#1103 Ransack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:55 AM

View PostCimarb, on 08 October 2013 - 07:55 AM, said:

Posted Image

This is probably my favorite, by shimmering-sword @deviantart

Jeez, I love this pic!

#1104 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:05 AM

View PostRansack, on 08 October 2013 - 10:55 AM, said:

Jeez, I love this pic!

I think it makes one hell of a Marauder II. Its just far too bulky for a Marauder.

#1105 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 08 October 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

I think it makes one hell of a Marauder II. Its just far too bulky for a Marauder.

So you don't like the original because it isn't feasible from an engineering standpoint, yet the version that is bulked up to be feasible needs to go on a diet? At least it has a hip section, allowing realistic leg movement, and a large enough torso to make fitting a cockpit, engine and internals possible.

Regardless, while I would love to continue this discussion, I think we have derailed this thread WAY too much already.

How about that Wolverine cockpit design?!?!?...

#1106 Flying Judgement

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 475 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

View PostCimarb, on 08 October 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

So you don't like the original because it isn't feasible from an engineering standpoint, yet the version that is bulked up to be feasible needs to go on a diet? At least it has a hip section, allowing realistic leg movement, and a large enough torso to make fitting a cockpit, engine and internals possible.

Regardless, while I would love to continue this discussion, I think we have derailed this thread WAY too much already.

How about that Wolverine cockpit design?!?!?...

well by lor it suppose to be the worst cockpit in the mech history.
The designer put a darraamm laser or two Machinegun in the cockpit making t extremely unconformable and claustrophobic i hope the phoneix designers change this unpleasant tradition :angry:

#1107 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

View PostCountry Gravy, on 08 October 2013 - 08:08 AM, said:

What about this one:

Posted Image

i can except this compromise :angry:

View PostBishop Steiner, on 08 October 2013 - 08:46 AM, said:

unless you have to be the one to animate a mech with totally non usable knees that can scarcely stand it's so poorly balanced, let alone actually move.

i did say it was a pathetic stencil... please be nice cause i can't be bothered to draw properly :)

#1108 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:03 PM

View PostGalaxyBluestar, on 08 October 2013 - 05:01 PM, said:

i can except this compromise :angry:

i did say it was a pathetic stencil... please be nice cause i can't be bothered to draw properly :)

stencil was great. was referring to the original macross art.

#1109 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:32 PM

oh i missread. all clear now :angry:

#1110 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:21 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 08 October 2013 - 09:26 AM, said:

You and me both Brother-man.

LegFound, PHX-Overlord/Saber, YLW, Ilya, Protector and DragonSlayer. Sarah's Jenner (best mech I never use), and would buy a good Hero Catapult and Hunchie without hesitation. (Hunchback would either still have to be able to pack an ac20 or have JJs if not). Have bought plenty of incidentals when the whim hits, and don't see that changing. Good chance I will buy the Clan Pack when it arrives. Have built 2 rigs specifically to play with Stompy Robots.

For sure I will give Titansfall a look, and Star Citizen, but as long as we finally start getting some content now that the back end is mostly stable, I see this as still being an every day play for me.

I was playing megamek the other night 3028 campaign with my buddies and there was a hunchy with a srm and autocannon rack. I have to research it I want it for a hunchy Hero!. Good seeing you tonight. Oh and titans fall looks kinda fun Star Citizen too, but I like flight sims so that goes hand and hand.

#1111 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:04 AM

Iam I the only one who is reminded of Scumbag Steve when I look at the Wolverine art (note the "hat" on the top of the PF variant cockpit)?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#1112 SirDubba

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:22 AM

Oh man... Why? I just can't resist this offer :) I'm lucky, I'll get my next paycheck one day before the patch.

Quickly now..
and don't tell my girlfriend :)

Edited by SirDubba, 09 October 2013 - 11:25 AM.

#1113 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:43 AM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 09 October 2013 - 12:04 AM, said:

Iam I the only one who is reminded of Scumbag Steve when I look at the Wolverine art (note the "hat" on the top of the PF variant cockpit)?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not seeing it. Someone pointed out that it does have an uncanny resemblance to Beeker from the Muppets. Now I can't not see that.

#1114 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:57 AM

What's cool about the Marauder is that it has 3 different classes. The original "Mk1" 75 ton Heavy Mech, the Clan Marauder IIC 85 ton Assault Mech (basically Mk2), and the Wolf Dragoon/IS Marauder II 100 ton Assault Mech (basically Mk3).

#1115 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:02 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 08 October 2013 - 08:46 AM, said:

is that the mid life Marauder that ate too many cupcakes and Hohos? I like my Marauders to actually look sleek and deadly, not like an NFL lineman with a beer gut.

U r of course correct...... unless you have to be the one to animate a mech with totally non usable knees that can scarcely stand it's so poorly balanced, let alone actually move.

The Glaugg Officers Pod/Marauder was always a design that looked cool until anyone with a smidge of engineering sense actually takes a second look and realizes the dang thing is about as horrible a design as imaginable. For an alien space opera, ok, for armored combat in the 31st Century? I'll take the re-design.

Your applying 21st century engineering to a fictional game, we sit on a fusion reator, controlling these things with brain waves and levers the amunition for arm mounted balistic weapons, is usually put in the legs, so live rounds are going past said fusion reactor, and your worrying about how impractical the design is.

I'll take the glaugg/marauder, over the redesign which looks like a dock side container lifter with guns any day ;)

#1116 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:09 AM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 09 October 2013 - 12:04 AM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

its allways looked like beeker from the muppets

I could never deside which of the trinity was my favourite, for the griffin to work in mwo with its stock load out your going to need a big engine in to go fast and keep the distance, out of all the pheonix, with its weapons all right side, have a feeling it's going to be the one that fails the most, but I don't regret buying it for an instance.

#1117 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:09 PM

View PostCathy, on 10 October 2013 - 07:09 AM, said:

But I don't regret buying it for an instance.

I figger it'll be about like piloting the Yenlo, but somewhat less zombie potential.

#1118 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:17 AM

PGI, please remember, that the mechs people TRULY want are those from Macross.

1. Warhammer (I want the Marauder more, but must recognize the overall love. I want the Warhammer also however)
2. Marauder
after the top two, the list is in no particular order..
3. Phoenix Hawk
4. Longbow
5. Rifleman
6. Crusader
7. Archer
8. Valkyrie
9. Stinger/Wasp (practically identical IMO)

This isn't an extensive list, just the top ones I could think of. I'm weak and have no willpower, but I'll admit that I'd pay as much for a single Marauder as I did for the Entire Overlord and Saber package. (So long as it's not overly screwed up by the Phoenix art originally in the Phoenix for TT, which was an evil document)

While these mechs are also in copyright question, there is certainly money to be made with them.

Here is what I would suggest.
"Star League Package."
1. Valkyrie Wasp/Stinger (mobile mech at Spider size, gives more variety at this tonnage) The Stinger and wasp are essentially slower, smaller, less powerful spiders...not much meat, and there are already 2 20 tonners in the future.
2. Phoenix Hawk (Fan Favorite with good capabilities in most situations)
3. Crusader/Archer/Rifleman With those machine guns, the Crusader is extremely malleable as a loadout, should be popular. In addition, there's a variant with jets...
4. Longbow The only assault mech in this group makes the choice easy.

5. Warhammer Obvious choice, people love this mech, as in REALLY love this mech. Great loadout possibilities also.
6. Marauder People also love this mech, they'll pay extra for these two, just like they did for the Sabre package, only more people will want these two mechs than ...any other mechs except perhaps the Timberwolf/MadCat (and that's not even certain)

#1119 Farix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 890 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:28 AM

verybad, no matter how badly you want the Macross mechs, but PGI is never going to include them so long as Harmony Gold holds control over the IP, and Harmony Gold is not going to let go of the Macross IP without a court fight.

#1120 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:37 AM

View PostFarix, on 11 October 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

verybad, no matter how badly you want the Macross mechs, but PGI is never going to include them so long as Harmony Gold holds control over the IP, and Harmony Gold is not going to let go of the Macross IP without a court fight.

That refers to the imagery of those Mechs. If they look different, they can add them. The Clan Rifleman-IIC and Clan Marauder-IIC, and Clan Warhammer-IIC, for instance, are fair game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users