Saber Reinforcement Package!

1219 replies to this topic

#1181 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:15 AM

View PostDaangeroussDann, on 19 November 2013 - 01:01 PM, said:

I know most people I run with like and want more mechs,, but , I don't believe that is what this game needs as its first priority. What makes it boring is the same maps over and over again.

We get this sort of argument all the time. What a lot of people don't seem to know is that different people make maps than mechs or code.

If you have modelers on payroll, you need to keep them busy in a productive faction. Making mechs does that.

While there's some overlap occasionally, usually the guy making the maps isn't making models (or not primarily)

So by getting more mechs, it's not reducing the amount of maps we're getting. They're not competing.

#1182 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:19 AM

View PostDiego Angelus, on 26 November 2013 - 06:38 AM, said:

So why is saber package locked, Now i can't buy it because I'm not going to buy something I don't want to get something I want. I just doesn't makes any sense to me.

You should be able to get those mechs around February/March or so. You can buy them with CBs then, so you're actually probably smarter in the long run than those of us who rushed in and spent real money.

#1183 BSK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:23 AM

View PostDiego Angelus, on 26 November 2013 - 10:01 AM, said:

It still doesn't make any sense it looks like milking more then anything else but I still asked hoping for some valid reason. Looks like they never offer anything for appropriate price and that is kinda sad.

Let us do some basic math, as you seem to be incapable for this task. Buying the Sabre package gives you:
2 HeroMechs worth 8250
4 mechs worth 7340
6 mech bays worth 1800
+__________________

Considering 25.000 MC cost 99.95 $ (most bang for your buck), then 17390 MC are worth 69.53$ which cost you 30$.

And you complain about being milked when you get twice as much?

#1184 Diego Angelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 471 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:38 AM

View PostBSK, on 26 November 2013 - 10:23 AM, said:

Let us do some basic math, as you seem to be incapable for this task. Buying the Sabre package gives you:
2 HeroMechs worth 8250
4 mechs worth 7340
6 mech bays worth 1800
+__________________

Considering 25.000 MC cost 99.95 $ (most bang for your buck), then 17390 MC are worth 69.53$ which cost you 30$.

And you complain about being milked when you get twice as much?

It doesn't cost 30$ i have to buy one of phoenix packages to get that that is what my question was after all I would get it if was 30$ but its 50 minimum.

View Postverybad, on 26 November 2013 - 10:19 AM, said:

You should be able to get those mechs around February/March or so. You can buy them with CBs then, so you're actually probably smarter in the long run than those of us who rushed in and spent real money.

I know that but I want to spend money on this game and I all I want to buy in game is mech bays and its just too much too buy phoenix pack that I dont want to be able to buy saber that I want. I will wait for them and buy it for cbilils but its kinda strange to see saber pack locked.

Edited by Diego Angelus, 26 November 2013 - 10:41 AM.

#1185 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:52 AM

It would be nice if they would allow customers to buy just the Saber package once the Phoenix one is no longer available. Keep your eyes out for a black friday sale.

#1186 Diego Angelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 471 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:01 AM

View PostKoniving, on 26 November 2013 - 10:52 AM, said:

It would be nice if they would allow customers to buy just the Saber package once the Phoenix one is no longer available. Keep your eyes out for a black friday sale.

I'm hoping for something like that but they set date to December and i have no idea if it is going to be available after that date.

subscribed :P

Edited by Diego Angelus, 26 November 2013 - 11:02 AM.

#1187 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:23 AM

View PostDiego Angelus, on 26 November 2013 - 11:01 AM, said:

I'm hoping for something like that but they set date to December and i have no idea if it is going to be available after that date.

subscribed :P

I don't think it will. We'll see them in February (for ). Around then we might get an announcement on a clan mech pack? Not sure, but it's possible.

I can tell you now, though, unless some variants get left-arm/torso equipment, the Griffin will not be worth while. The Wolverine definitely will. But not the Griffin. Everyone will just shoot out the right torso and we'll be screwed. (I did buy it, but that's because I'm foolish enough to collect stuff and hate not having things).

And yay! ;)

Edited by Koniving, 26 November 2013 - 11:25 AM.

#1188 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:07 PM

View PostKoniving, on 26 November 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

I can tell you now, though, unless some variants get left-arm/torso equipment, the Griffin will not be worth while. The Wolverine definitely will. But not the Griffin. Everyone will just shoot out the right torso and we'll be screwed. (I did buy it, but that's because I'm foolish enough to collect stuff and hate not having things).

On the other hand you'll have a whole half of a 'Mech as a shield. :P

#1189 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:13 PM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 26 November 2013 - 12:07 PM, said:

Depending on how it feels to pilot one (IE like the difference between the hunchback and centurion or what have you) I may love it (like I love my Yenlo) or hate it (like I surprisingly dislike my Shadowhawks.)

#1190 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:13 PM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 26 November 2013 - 12:07 PM, said:

True. But akin to a Centurion, I don't see much use for that in the current MWO. Closed beta that'd be gold. Now... you survive one extra blast. But since almost everything relies on XL engines, that means pretty much nothing. It'll really depend on whether or not the left arm can move to intercept the incoming shot.

Edited by Koniving, 26 November 2013 - 12:14 PM.

#1191 Diego Angelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 471 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:17 PM

View PostKoniving, on 26 November 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

I don't think it will. We'll see them in February (for ). Around then we might get an announcement on a clan mech pack? Not sure, but it's possible.

And yay! ;)

I'm medium mech junkie that is why I want saber even if they suck It would be still fun to run them in pugs. I know chances are slim but hope dies last right :P

#1192 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:22 PM

View PostDiego Angelus, on 26 November 2013 - 10:38 AM, said:

It doesn't cost 30$ i have to buy one of phoenix packages to get that that is what my question was after all I would get it if was 30$ but its 50 minimum.

Ok let me help you again:
1 HeroMech worth 1600
2 mechs worth 1355
3 mech bays worth 900
Saber package worth 17390
+__________________

Considering 25.000 MC cost 99.95 $, then 21245 MC are worth 84.94$ which cost you 50$.

#1193 Diego Angelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 471 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:48 PM

View PostBSK, on 26 November 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

Ok let me help you again:
1 HeroMech worth 1600
2 mechs worth 1355
3 mech bays worth 900
Saber package worth 17390
+__________________

Considering 25.000 MC cost 99.95 $, then 21245 MC are worth 84.94$ which cost you 50$.

That doesn't change a thing I'm willing to go to 30$ that is what every phoenix owner has privilege to buy but for us underlings who don't want to spend that much we can't. Ok you don't want my 30$ fine I'm ok with that but I asked for reasoning behind that and all I came up with is milking trying to get people like me to spend more on things I don't need too. So I ask again do you have any better idea why is saber pack locked only for phoenix owners.

#1194 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:59 PM

View PostDiego Angelus, on 26 November 2013 - 12:48 PM, said:

That doesn't change a thing I'm willing to go to 30$ that is what every phoenix owner has privilege

Exactly. I have a privilege. Just as I have another privilege as a founder. You cry? I don't care. I have that privilege, you don't ..

#1195 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:05 PM

View PostDiego Angelus, on 26 November 2013 - 12:48 PM, said:

That doesn't change a thing I'm willing to go to 30$ that is what every phoenix owner has privilege to buy but for us underlings who don't want to spend that much we can't. Ok you don't want my 30$ fine I'm ok with that but I asked for reasoning behind that and all I came up with is milking trying to get people like me to spend more on things I don't need too. So I ask again do you have any better idea why is saber pack locked only for phoenix owners.

Considering how much a "normal" hero mech costs, these are absolute steals. Start moving up the PP tiers and it becomes even more of a steal quite quickly. I understand not everyone can afford even $30 or $50, but that doesn't make it milking. If anything, the pattern system is milking - paying roughly five dollars for a pattern on one mech type? THAT is milking! The PP and Sabre packages, on the other hand, are extremely good bangs for your buck. I already got a medium out of the PP, so I am not going to bother with the twins from Sabre, but I love the Locust and recommend you give it a chance if you can scrape together the other $20 - it's a great deal.

#1196 Diego Angelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 471 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:10 PM

View PostCimarb, on 26 November 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

Considering how much a "normal" hero mech costs, these are absolute steals. Start moving up the PP tiers and it becomes even more of a steal quite quickly. I understand not everyone can afford even $30 or $50, but that doesn't make it milking. If anything, the pattern system is milking - paying roughly five dollars for a pattern on one mech type? THAT is milking! The PP and Sabre packages, on the other hand, are extremely good bangs for your buck. I already got a medium out of the PP, so I am not going to bother with the twins from Sabre, but I love the Locust and recommend you give it a chance if you can scrape together the other $20 - it's a great deal.

Well I'm still thinking if I decide to do that I might get Storm because there is at least mech that I would love to own but that just makes it even worse. Even if its not milking (I'm bad with terms) I still feel like a cow :P I'm not found of throwing money 20$ where I live is not small amount I don't have problem in paying for something I want but stick in that locust and I start to wonder. If those offers had flexibility to let me buy saber and SHD for price of lets say 50-60$ I would be all over it.

View PostBSK, on 26 November 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

Exactly. I have a privilege. Just as I have another privilege as a founder. You cry? I don't care. I have that privilege, you don't ..

I hope you are not dumb as your posts.

Edited by Diego Angelus, 26 November 2013 - 02:14 PM.

#1197 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:29 PM

View PostDiego Angelus, on 26 November 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

Well I'm still thinking if I decide to do that I might get Storm because there is at least mech that I would love to own but that just makes it even worse. Even if its not milking (I'm bad with terms) I still feel like a cow :P I'm not found of throwing money 20$ where I live is not small amount I don't have problem in paying for something I want but stick in that locust and I start to wonder. If those offers had flexibility to let me buy saber and SHD for price of lets say 50-60$ I would be all over it.

Lol, that made me laugh.

I definitely agree that it would have been nice if it had been set up like Founders was, where you could pick which mech(s) you got, but I am glad they didn't. I was seriously doubting the Locust and Thunderbolt, but both of them are actually quite good mechs. The Locust definitely takes some practice and loadout changes to find its sweet spot, but it is one of my favorite mechs right now - don't count it out just because people are calling it a free kill! The Battlemaster is also a very strong mech, and probably my second favorite right now after the Jaeger, but it is a close race.

I was in the same boat as you as far as finances, but over the course of a couple months, I kept upgrading it and realizing that the higher you get in the tiers, the less cumulative money it seems to costs. The first two tiers are the "most expensive", since you don't get premium time with the Locust. Every tier after that, though, and you are basically paying for premium time plus $5 for three mechs plus their mechbays. It's worth it, IMO.

#1198 Dadrick

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 67 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:41 AM

Seeing as how both the Phoenix mechs have a heavy reliance upon their missile hard-points, I'm wondering if we will see a fix to SRMs coincide with their release?

#1199 PawPaWuFF

• PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:10 AM

my body is ready

#1200 Kageru Ikazuchi

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:05 AM

View Postuser5318, on 08 December 2013 - 06:10 AM, said:

my body is ready

But is your wallet? I figure it's going to cost at least 30 million to upgrade them ...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users