33 replies to this topic

#21 qki

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:45 PM

you can try this:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...52e24c0d15de8e5

the downside is an XL engine in what is otherwise a short range mech.

You can switch SRM6 to SRM4+A4, to get a few extra shots, and better flight. It's got a very decent punch if you know how to put mobility to good use.

#22 jghs48

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:24 PM

View Postricardox, on 30 August 2013 - 10:02 PM, said:

With that CT, I think speed is life. I've been using one that's similar to yours, only with 360XL. (106kph/116kph)

Think of it as a really oversized, and I mean oversized, light (hunter).

Don't run against heavies and assaults head on. 20 is the worst kintaro that's not a golden boy IMO. It's only one that armlock can also be good due to E points in torso and arms. That would depend on your weapon groups. Don't forget you have an armlock key that you can press in elevation maps.

Yeah, figured that I would have to go for speed. Swapped in an XL 340, runs rather fast which is pretty good. Funny that I put 5 armor for my rear since the front center torso is actually 70% of the torso. Rarely get hit in my rear torso, but when I do, I have to pay the price.

#23 jghs48

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

View Postaniviron, on 31 August 2013 - 01:42 AM, said:

All the builds offered look solid; I like the cut of Alistair's jib especially.

If you want to stick closer to what you already have, try http://mwo.smurfy-ne...68a2de859dac640

Endo is always a better choice than ferro every single time. They take up the same number of crit slots but endo takes more weight off the mech, no matter what. Get rid of ferro and use endo.

That's pretty close to what I'm running as of now. Except I don't have a 360xl, too expensive for my blood, I experiment way too much. I have the MLs and the MPLs swapped so when my arms are gone, I at least have a little more firepower. But the downside is being close range and heat. Which actually might be worse since if an arm is missing, I would probably might keep my distance, so I'll try swapping the MLs out.

BTW, forgot your ammo on that bulid

Edited by EverFor, 15 September 2013 - 02:31 PM.

#24 Sovngarde Awaits

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:57 PM

I saw a Unit member top the damage boards in 2 straight matches with this build:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...055c39cb5855ce8

#25 mack sabbath

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:22 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 30 August 2013 - 09:59 PM, said:

Something like this should work. Kind of like a CN9-AL, but with 1 extra SRM4. You may want to shave off some armour to get extra ammo, maybe reduce engine size to XL280 so you can get AMS.

I can see why you're having trouble, medium pulse lasers and SSRMS cause a lot of heat compared to how much damage they do. My build should be a lot more heat efficient and will let you fight at long range untill it's safe for you to get close.

EDIT: Also, you need to adjust the amount of armour to what you need. On the Kintaro, everyone (!) will be aiming for your center torso, so you don't need to put full armour on the legs. Something like 35-40 should be plenty. On the Centurion, on the other hand, the torso is so well protected that people always shoot for the legs. So you have to consider the mech and adjust the armor accordingly.

Missile swap, this looks promising too:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...475f9e5ca2307a9

#26 mack sabbath

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

View PostNamesAreStupid, on 31 August 2013 - 01:39 AM, said:

My modified version of that wicked build:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...350ed05a20ea394

#27 LauLiao

• 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:32 PM

My 20 is 2 LRM15s+artemis, 3 Med Lasers, tag, 300XL engine, and if I remember right, BAP and AMS too. Actually makes a pretty good missle boat. Not enough ammo to last in a prolonged fight, but plenty enough speed and punch with the Med. lasers to turn into a skirmisher once you're tapped.

I really just made a bigger badder Treb., but it's got considerably more armor.

#28 Mabru

• PipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 23 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

This:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...60bf1bdc3415303

Use your speed, never slow down unless an assault is willing to sit still and give you his back. It's brutal, I run a KTO-18 instead with more streaks and lighter lasers but the build is almost the same. It's amazingly powerful.

#29 ManDaisy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

Hold onto it till MRMs are put in.

#30 jghs48

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:55 AM

View PostMabru, on 19 September 2013 - 07:58 PM, said:

Use your speed, never slow down unless an assault is willing to sit still and give you his back. It's brutal, I run a KTO-18 instead with more streaks and lighter lasers but the build is almost the same. It's amazingly powerful.

That's how I was playing as before with my build. I would try to stick with an assault mech, be like their not so strong guardian. I'd chase light mechs away, support fire on mediums, and when the assault mech starts brawling with another, fun to get behind the enemy assault and unleash hell.

Edited by EverFor, 20 September 2013 - 09:56 AM.

#31 jghs48

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:25 AM

I just tried this KTO-20 build. It did really well, I got 2 kills, 5 assist and dished out a whopping 569 damage. It has range and speed, still packs a punch at close range but heat is a bit of a problem. Not the best build or the "traditional" type where you have more heatsinks in and out of the engine. Surprisingly, I only overheated once in that battle.

#32 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:41 AM

View PostEverFor, on 20 September 2013 - 11:25 AM, said:

I just tried this KTO-20 build. It did really well, I got 2 kills, 5 assist and dished out a whopping 569 damage. It has range and speed, still packs a punch at close range but heat is a bit of a problem. Not the best build or the "traditional" type where you have more heatsinks in and out of the engine. Surprisingly, I only overheated once in that battle.

I run something similar but replace the 3xSSRM with 3xLRM5 for more range support and firing from cover.
Only packing 300 XL and 250 amour points, but 17 DHS to keep the 2xLLas running.
It hardly overheat, but I must always be wary of light sneaking up on me and also keep close to the team.
Centuro-20

#33 Carrioncrows

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:49 AM

My best KTO-20 Build, I call it the Command KTO

235 STD Engine
16 DHS
Endo
BAP
x2 ER Large lasers
x2 Medium lasers
x3 streaks2's (x1 ton of ammo)

You can drop a heatsink for another ton of ammo but i rarely need it

Secrets in the Sauce.

Posted Image

Edited by Carrioncrows, 21 September 2013 - 03:48 AM.

#34 jghs48

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:10 AM

View PostCarrioncrows, on 21 September 2013 - 12:49 AM, said:

My best KTO-20 Build, I call it the Command KTO

235 STD Engine
16 DHS
Endo
BAP
x2 ER Large lasers
x2 Medium lasers
x3 streaks2's (x1 ton of ammo)

You can drop a heatsink for another ton of ammo but i rarely need it

Secrets in the Sauce.

Posted Image

Whoa! Would love me to have some of that sauce. That's some extreme damage for a medium. I'm curious about that Trebuchet, they did some pretty massive damage as well. I'll try out that build, experiment a little more on the KTO-20, then grind my an Atlas-D and hopefully not get pulverized by you. ;)

Edited by EverFor, 21 September 2013 - 09:17 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users