- - - - -

Seismic Sensor Module; Worth It?

22 replies to this topic

#21 Moromillas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationSecret **** moon base

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:53 AM

I think the point has been thoroughly missed.

In LRM (support or boat) you are never out there scouting it up - that is for scouts, strikers, or possibly brawlers. So the situation of "I wonder what's behind this <object>?" has happened a total of, zero times. Will occasionally spot for groups that call for it, even then, the sensor is well and truly out of range.

Yes, I know it's not for watching your ***, that's my point. There hasn't been a situation where I would have had a better chance if I had the sensor.

I notice a few don't take it in LRMs, I can see why. If not a consumable, then what.

#22 Devils Advocate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 636 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:11 PM

View PostRascula, on 02 September 2013 - 02:40 AM, said:

Its a excellent module that works wonderfully, and incidentally invalidates lots of forum arguments over third person view. How you ask?.. Well see below:
So as you can see Seismic sensors are so good it can solve epic forum rage too.

Just stop. It's been discussed to death. Hundreds of players disagree so don't go pushing your politics on the newbies. Let them decide for themselves.

Seismic sensors are absurd, and not seismic at all, and are completely overpowered in any situation where you're close to an enemy but cannot see them. Is it game-breaking? Sort of. If they don't have it and you do, and they aren't listening at super high volume with headphones on, you're getting the drop on them every time. Conversely, if you don't have it, and they do, you might find yourself charging full speed around a corner into an alpha strike.

So never leave home without it. Ever. Unless you're just using the Gauss rifle to snipe out in the middle of a field and you don't care about lights coming up behind you. I put it on every mech I use.

#23 Rascula

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 387 posts
  • LocationWord of Blake Protectorate, Epsilon Eridani.

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

View PostDevils Advocate, on 19 September 2013 - 03:11 PM, said:

Just stop. It's been discussed to death. Hundreds of players disagree so don't go pushing your politics on the newbies. Let them decide for themselves.

Wow, do you have a sense of humour at all?....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users