- - - - -

Hit Detection?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Wascot

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:03 AM

New player here and loving the game so far! I just have a quick question about the hit detection. I notice that roughly half the shots I miss collide with the mech, but my cursor doesn't turn red so that was registered as a miss. Is this normal? This typically happens when I'm engaging a light/med at 100kph+ and I can clearly see the projectile 'hitting' the enemy mech, but my damage indicator doesn't light up.

The weapon I'm using is an ERPPC and it's rather frustrating having those shots miss as they really hamper my survivability. Of course I can probably just use a laser, but that's hardly any fun and won't improve my aim at all.

#2 Greyrook

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:33 AM

Unfortunately that is quite typical at the moment. All burst damage weapons are a little gimpy with the netcode, which is particularly frustrating with PPCs because the heat makes it so that you can't fire as often as a gauss rifle. It's not just on fast opponents either. I've shot folks standing still while I'm moving, they're moving and I'm standing still, we're both standing still; it seems independent of the raytrace for the hit because their model will even display the damage sparks (meaning it registers and renders properly for your client) but doesn't get parsed by the server to equal damage. Very confusing, annoying, and damaging (NO PUNS) to gameplay. I would advise sticking with it and just accepting that you'll be that much more badass when it's fixed.

#3 scJazz

• 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:40 AM

Tuesdays patch is likely to include hit detection fixes btw.

#4 Greyrook

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:42 PM

View PostscJazz, on 01 September 2013 - 04:40 AM, said:

Tuesdays patch is likely to include hit detection fixes btw.

Here's hoping, but I'll believe it when I see it

#5 BoPop

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 543 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:46 PM

what are you talking about, lasers are awesome.

#6 Wascot

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:06 AM

Yeah played several rounds and literally had 3 consecutive hits on a stationary target not register...pretty sour on that. Hopefully it will get fixed with the afformentioned patch as this is something only acceptable in the beta stages.

And yeah lasers are great for guaranteed damage, but I like the all-or-nothing style of close range ppc combat :)
(which most often is nothing thanks to the wonky hit detection)

#7 RedThirteen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 159 posts
  • LocationRockets

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:11 AM

Worst is watching your fired shells explode on the chassis of a spider only for the server to reply NOPE TOO BAD ZERO DAMAGE!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users