98 replies to this topic

#21 KingCobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:43 PM

My question on the reboot is How are you going to balance the weapons to Armor & electronics?In the past series of mechwarrior pc games there was a heavy offensive role but little defensive role to the PC game series.How are you going to balance this issue?

#22 Cyttorak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationAlbany, OR, USA

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:48 PM

Will any effort be made to make recently-recovered technology like endo steel, pulse lasers or extended-range weapons more scarce than the 3025-era tech?

#23 Tempered

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:49 PM

How much work load will be involved in piloting a mech? Will it be point and shoot or will there be systems to manage or some type of damage control required?

#24 Frantic Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • 714 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:54 PM

Will there be any PvE? Or is it pure PvP?

#25 Phytochrome

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:00 PM

In the FAQ, you refer to mechs in the game being revealed "over the coming months". Will these revelations be tied into the weekly Wednesday updates, or will they be separate events? Are you able to give a timeline for new mech announcements (e.g weekly, monthly, bi-monthly, etc)?

Edited by Phytochrome, 10 November 2011 - 06:00 PM.

#26 Tempered

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:01 PM

I assume that game play will be in the form of some type of match system. If so, how long would you estimate a typical match would last?

#27 Amechwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 729 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:10 PM

One of the biggest, endless debates in the forums is targeting. Can you divulge any information about that? Or is the game even in a state where you can say anything about that issue or how it will be different from previous MW titles?

Edited by Amechwarrior, 10 November 2011 - 06:11 PM.

#28 Longhorn

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 35 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:19 PM

Hello,
In any mode, will there be a join random lance/group for missions? In other MMO's the guild does not always play at the same time due to real world (wife/husband/dog, child, overtime). Like WoW (ya I know, plz don't flame me) you can do random PvP or random dungeons at the click of a button. Good way to meet new people and a good way to keep a persistent battle ongoing, also adds to the player exp. that does not have the time to say I can play at X,Y,Z.
Thank you for your time,
Grant

p.s. I have been playing Mechwarrior since 1992, still have the original game on floppy. Negotiate a 2 mil CBill contract and get a no show, woohoo free cash.Mech2 DOS (Load mem high lol) playing on an IBM 486 sx33 (lol DX4 100 was wow I can see missiles).Mech 3, 4. Also played all the Earthsiege games including BattleDrome. Long time fan to say the least.

p.s.s. Can you plz have joystick support, it would not be Mechwarrior without the joystick. Buy stock in Thrustmaster I will drop 4 bills if HOTAS is supported. You all Rox, thanks again for some hope to this project.

Edited by Longhorn, 10 November 2011 - 06:39 PM.

#29 Captain Nice HD

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationTaurian Concordat

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:26 PM

Will era-appropriate experimental tech (i.e. Binary Laser Cannons, Snub-Nosed Artillery Canons, 'Mech Mortars, etc) be in the game, or will the armory be restricted to level 2 tech, to use the archaic parlance?

Edited by Captain Nice HD, 10 November 2011 - 06:29 PM.

#30 Night Hawk

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:45 PM

Reboot can mean many things to many people. From changing the entire storyline, system, and everything else. To just making small changes here and there. To some of the mechs weapons, ect. My question is this. What does specially to you and the creators of this new game,does Reboot mean to you? What do you plan on rebooting as a whole. The entire game world from the ground up? Cosmetic changes to most of the units? What direction do you plan on taking when rebooting MW entirely?

#31 Damocles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:55 PM

How many players would you want to fit on a standard game? (Ex: 8v8, 12v12, 24v24 etc.)

#32 VYCanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:01 PM

Are there any plans as of yet on how salvage, getting your mech destroyed, and unit customization will be handled?

#33 Name144795

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:01 PM

How large can you build up your Merc unit, will there be affiliation alliances with other Merc units?

Will there be special equipment like mobile field base gantries that you can buy/deploy on the battlefield, how will you deal with currency being used to buy ammo, weapons and mechs?

Will alliances with the great houses offer discounts to gear and equipment? Will Places like Outreach be central hubs for merc contracts?

#34 gregsolidus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:03 PM

What challenges arose from attempting to give roles and meaning to each weight class similar to Battletech? Did the changes makes certain weight classes less relevant and needed to be reworked,was it hard to translate traditional roles from Battletech to a game?

#35 Cyber Carns

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 203 posts
  • LocationArc Royal

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:08 PM

From the devlog on the reboot, what do you mean by: Solve some of the long standing gameplay issues from previous MechWarrior games.

#36 irony1999

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 302 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:18 PM

What will gameplay consist of outside of battles?

#37 Qman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationCanberra. Oz

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:46 PM

Hi and thank you for the opportunity to ask questions.

Will the servers be located in the US or will you locate them throughout other regions; such as EU / Oceanic.

#38 Dozer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:31 PM

Appreciate the opportunity to ask a question directly like this. +1

What is your definition of tactical advantage; can you provide examples?

#39 Dozer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:36 PM

Oh another question:

Is there an end game (themepark) or is it open ended (sandbox)?

Edited by Dozer, 10 November 2011 - 08:36 PM.

#40 Longhorn

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 35 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:28 PM

Sorry,
I don't mean to double post.
Due to the fact that we are living this for real, Is there any way that "we" the Mechwarriors may be able to alter the timeline in any way? Ex: An invading force attacks "insert battle here" and we defend through shear Awsomeness (skill). Or is there a fixed, have to go by the Battletech "geek book"? Of course no offense to the Battletech peeps who say if blah blah blah doesn't fit the Canon I go up stairs and tell Mom.

No disrespect to the Canon, but Written word vs real life are 2 totally different things (inset artistic license here). (Little men with big erasers changing history is not uncommon, even in real life!) Can we stop the Clans from attacking? NO! Can I stop/defend my home world if I have enough support? Sometimes we can change history, Maybe by vote or actions.Changing the past? Maybe we can. Opening up a Universe is hard, How do you plan do negotiate that hurdle? Or is it futile to resist the "Canon"? If so when battle "no win" comes up I will windows key it, research it and then ummmmm click no thank you (due to the fact I don't want to spend repair money on hopeless battle 001). Not really, but I think the point is made.

I am a Mechwarrior franchise follower not a Battletech follower. They are 2 different things.
I know I will have hate mail for this, but the question is worth it.
Feel free to cut and paste as needed to not offend anyone.

Edited by Longhorn, 10 November 2011 - 09:52 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users