Uac 5 Fotm

24 replies to this topic

#1 Ian McMill

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:42 AM

Dual UAC 5 everywhere. Tripple UAC 5 Cataphracts on the rise.
No suprise. No heat, jam is negligible as there are two more UAC5s in the arsenal. Or the other 11 team mates spit their 22 UAC5 marbles.

Take a sneak peak around the corner and loose your complete side.

The weapon landscape of Mechwarrior online does enormous turns once the devs adjust the screws. Sadly and most of the time from smoker to smother.
At least we have a beta tag beneath the logo.

Edited by Ian McMill, 11 September 2013 - 10:42 AM.

#2 bot5

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:19 PM

Yesterday I was in a match where the enemy team was 10/12 UAC5 boats. It was pretty funny... in that special kinda way

#3 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:39 AM

It simply did not need to be buffed.

#4 Jam the Bam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:38 AM

I'm confused. when was it buffed? They reduced the jam percentage but, correct me if I'm wrong, Ilya never used the double tap ability, it simply chain fired them.

#5 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:17 PM

^ that is the buff. Jaggermechs and IIya's are no longer using them in chainfire (which is silly you could just use 3 regular ac5's) they are using them in group fire. 4uac5 is like taking an ac20 to the chest every 0.5 seconds. 3uac5 is like a guass every 0.5 seconds (with secondary fire weapons as well).

15% jam is too low for the benefits it provides.

#6 HATER 1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

I don't use them, because 15% jamming is too high, and always bad timing when it does jam.

Plus, it should have a mode selector for increased RoF versus normal AC RoF

Edited by HATER 1, 12 September 2013 - 05:45 PM.

#7 Lorcan Lladd

• 1,037 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:57 PM

UAC/5s were not as popular before as they are now due to a combination of PPCs and massed Alpha Strikes being much more powerful and the requirement for a macro to be used to the full extent of their potential.

View PostAsmosis, on 12 September 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

^ that is the buff. Jaggermechs and IIya's are no longer using them in chainfire (which is silly you could just use 3 regular ac5's) they are using them in group fire. 4uac5 is like taking an ac20 to the chest every 0.5 seconds. 3uac5 is like a guass every 0.5 seconds (with secondary fire weapons as well).

15% jam is too low for the benefits it provides.

To clarify: UACs were not usually chain fired; players used a simple macro to group fire their UAC/5s in regular intervals of 1.1 seconds to prevent the chance of a jam and benefit from the UAC/5s superior DPS of 4.55 - a triple UAC/5 build could achieve a nominal DPS of 13.65 or more during short engagements, not accounting for the Fast Fire pilot skill which increases its DPS.

For comparison, a triple AC/5 build would achieve about 9.99 DPS - there was no point in using them if you could spare a few tons and were willing to use a macro.

But you are correct about the jamming mechanic being too rewarding.

Since the reduction in jam chances on double-fire, however, it has become more profitable to skip over the macro and simply double-fire a group of UAC/5s instead, as it yields an average DPS of 5.3 for a single UAC/5.
A trio of UACs being double-fired can easily top 15.9 DPS even accounting for eventual jams, the highest value in MWO by far; it is enough to core a fully armored Atlas from the front center torso in about ten seconds.

For each second that they do not jam, they can achieve a DPS of 27.3 for a short time.

There is no reason not to double tap the UAC/5, especially if you can equip two or more.

The Pink Thunder has been up to some shenanigans...
I would be very mad if I didn't have an Ilya Murdermets.

Edited by Lorcan Lladd, 12 September 2013 - 06:02 PM.

#8 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:17 PM

definitely. took me 10 seconds to core the victor in my vid, mainly because my aim sucks and i blew off his side torso first. (and a bit of spray to the arm as well). 6-7 seconds if i had stayed on target. An assault mech, even build for brawling *may* have been able to penetrate a my side torso armor in the same amount of time or got me to red torso.

#9 VXJaeger

• The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:45 AM

What's result of comparing CTF-4X/Jagge S/DD with 4*AC5 and Ilya with 3*UAC5?

#10 Xandre Blackheart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • LocationIn the "cockpit".

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:31 AM

Ultra AC 5 cooldown = 1.1

AC 5 cooldown = 1.5

that should answer your question right there.

if it doesn't then:

AC5 x4 = 20 damage @ 1.5 seconds = 13.33 dps alpha

chain fire dps is 3.333

U/AC5 x3 = 30 @ 1.1 seconds = 27.272 dps alpha (without jams)
U/AC5 x2 = 20 @ 1.1 Seconds = 18.181 dps alpha (one jammed)
U/AC5 x1 = 10 @ 1.1 Seconds = 9.091 dps alpha (two jammed)

chain fire dps is 4.54 in singleshot mode with minimal chance of jamming.

Disclaimer: I am not a mathgeek, and I am on pain meds. But it should be pretty close since if I calculated incorrectly, I calculated them both incorrectly...

#11 VXJaeger

• The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:56 AM

And double tap for twin shots. Good, less ammo to be carried within 'cause easier to control usage = better backup lazors = Ilya's become even more deadlier by nerf.
Thx PGI :D

#12 ArmageddonKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 710 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:57 AM

I would not use UAC5 even now after the JAM rate decrease, if the AC2's wernt nerfed to hell and back by the rapid fire ghost heat bug.

My Jagger-DD used ot run 5 AC2's for fun times with rapid fire. It wasnt for greifing, it wasnt for high scores, it was simply for fun. it was a mech i used ot blow of steam. If i wanted to score high i would use a different mech.
Since the ghost heat nerf to rapidfire AC2's i have no urge to use a alpha fireing 5ac2 jagger, So i use 2 UAC5 + 2 'other weapons'. yes it can core a mech quik IF, and its a BIG IF, IF it does NOT jam.

I tried the 3x UAC5 setup, its super super vulnerable when all they all jam, u have 0 damage output. And when it doesnt u have minimal ammo.

The Triple UAC5 Jagger/Phract setups are burst damage setups with low survivability and very low longevity.

IMO the UAC5 ammo stacks are to small, BUT the UAC5 jam mechanics are all wrong and currently a tad to low. They need rethinking. Double tap should be a toggle option, not a 'if u dont time it right ur going to double tap whetheru like it or not' thing.
TBH i think they shoudl scrap the double shot mechanics and just make the UAC5 a rapid fire AC5, somthing like a 1 second relode. .5 seconds faster than a Ac5 but still less dps than the current double tap, but 0 chance of jamming.

#13 VXJaeger

• The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:05 AM

"Apparently, the plan is this:
1) Inexplicably buff a weapon which is already considered very good.
2) Allow that buff to result in a ton of certain hero mechs to appear on the field, making new players say, "That mech is good!"
3) Put that mech on sale, and get all those player to buy it.
4) Nerf the weapon back to a reasonable state, reducing the utility of those mechs those people bought
5) Profit and laugh"

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2746988
LOL :D

#14 Candun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 124 posts
  • Locationpotland oilgon

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:05 AM

people are using the uac5 because gauss is nerfed, now people are complaining about uac 5 ,it will get nerfed then it will b time for the next wepon to get called OP and over used...

#15 FREDtheDEAD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSouth Autstralia

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:38 PM

Seeing 4 man Ilya pre-mades. 12 UACs FTW. Literally.

#16 MadTulip

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 262 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:30 PM

I would like to give reason for why the UAC5 is as it is here.:
http://mwomercs.com/...77#entry2747877

#17 FREDtheDEAD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSouth Autstralia

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:31 AM

View PostMadTulip, on 13 September 2013 - 11:30 PM, said:

I would like to give reason for why the UAC5 is as it is here.:
http://mwomercs.com/...77#entry2747877

I reply with this
http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2748022
The Ilya + 3xUAC5 is the first "over-powered" (arguably) mech + weapon combination I can think of that requires MC to build.

Edited by Xajorkith, 14 September 2013 - 01:34 AM.

#18 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:32 AM

Just a question about the double tap for you "locals" i.e. ppl with <50 ping.

how soon after firing the primary shot can you fire the second shot? I've got a ping of 250-300ms, so with fire authorization and whatnot it takes a good 0.5-0.6 seconds before i can fire the 2nd shot.

Just curious if its latency dependant.

@twitter

well that'll certainly tone it down. if you want to chainfire, just take ac5's. IIya still has the advantage of being the only mech with ballistics in three different locations, so can mount the 3xac10/lbx loadouts. They really need to get a ballistic assault mech in.

Edited by Asmosis, 14 September 2013 - 04:35 AM.

#19 ArmageddonKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 710 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:46 AM

MC only mechs have always been in the P2W territory. If u can only get somthing, that can be used ingame for the core gameplay experiance, via RL money transactions, then thats P2W. The 'bluriness' of the case for MWo was the fact u could get the same mech chassis in a different varient via ingame currnecy and that was the bassis of the counter p2W argument. The problem is if u can see throug the smokescreen, these MC varients have signifcant advantages over ingame currency versions. Like the Ilya, like the Misery etc.
Now ofc those who use MC are going to defend against such statements, its the same as people who defended the LRM's when they were OP, the SRM's when they were OP, the PPC's when they were/are OP, etc etc etc. Its normal and to be expected, but it doesnt change facts.

Now if a certain patch makes a select weapon highely disirable (doesnt neccerily have to be OP), but then that weapon also can be used in a better load out on a MC only mech, the situation is exagerated.

Edited by ArmageddonKnight, 14 September 2013 - 06:47 AM.

#20 Xenok

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationUnited States, Mountian Time Zone

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:11 AM

The UAC did need a buff, however it got to big of one, around 18=20% lock up would be the right area.

The Guass did not need a nurf it got one.

The LBX is good now, but is a weapon many do not like to use as it spreads the damage around.

The AC10 needs a buff. Better range and and slightly improved rate of fire along with 1 point heat reduction would be good. This should be good enough that people would choose to use it over a Gauss at shorter ranges. This is where the design flaw was not the guass.

The AC20 is good.

Due to ghost heat the AC2 lost much of its attractiveness.

What does this all add up to.

AC2 and Guass have both moved to UAC5, just as much becuase both of those weapons recieved big nurf bats as that the UAC5 was buffed. If the Guass was not nurfed adn the AC2 was not so dam hot due to ghost heat, people would still be playing both and the UAC5 would be less common.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users