Holding Gauss Charge

143 replies to this topic

Poll: Make Gauss Charge Indefinate (596 member(s) have cast votes)

SHould you be able to hold Gauss charge indefinately?

1. Yes, at no penalty. (48 votes [8.05%])

Percentage of vote: 8.05%

2. Yes, with heat for sustaining charge. (1 or 2 heat per second.) (76 votes [12.75%])

Percentage of vote: 12.75%

3. Yes, with heat scaling up with length of time the charge is held (E.g., 1 heat for first second, 2 for second, 3.5 for third, etc.) (44 votes [7.38%])

Percentage of vote: 7.38%

4. Yes, but with some other penalty. (11 votes [1.85%])

Percentage of vote: 1.85%

5. No, the way it is now is better. (122 votes [20.47%])

Percentage of vote: 20.47%

6. No, but the charge is currently too brief. (90 votes [15.10%])

Percentage of vote: 15.10%

7. No, I want the old Gauss back. (205 votes [34.40%])

Percentage of vote: 34.40%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#141 Itachi The Prodigy

• PipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 29 posts
  • Locationinside your wife...

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:55 AM

its funny . . . back in 2012 when MWO launched, Gauss rifles did not have this ridiculous charge mechanic, but . . . guess what happened . . . people in MWO community especially the rookies started crying . . . like a bunch of babies b/c of the Gauss rifle synergy with ER PPC's / PPC's and guess what . . . PGI cried as well . . . or maybe PGI was just crying over their horrible track record of nightmare games they developed like the abomination they called Duke Nukeman forever
Pay me no mind I'm wasted x)

Below is a link to what the original gauss rifles played like before the uber nerf

#142 Elessar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,100 posts
  • LocationHesperus II

Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:48 PM

I for my part am not against a charge mechanic ... but IMHO you shouldn't have to keep the button pressed ansd then release it at the right time.
Instead I would propose that either:
1. You keep the button pressed, but upon reaching full charge it releases automatically
or
2. You only press the button once ... it charges and releases automatically without you having to keep the button pressed. But, if you press the buttonm a second time while the Gauss is charging, the charging is aborted

This way the (IMHO big) problem is avoided, that the use of Gauss weapons (in contrast to other weapons) just occupies way too much of your attention (as not only you have to kieep the crosshairs on the enemy, but also have to keep your attention on the Gauss charge bar at the same time, in ordeer to release the shot at the right time, as waiting too long lets the charge fizzle without releasing the shopt)

#143 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 11 February 2022 - 06:10 AM

View PostNinjaOdin, on 04 September 2013 - 12:51 PM, said:

How about option as it was?
guass charge nodes in the skill tree allow you to hold it longer, what we could use is on certain mechs that say come with it default have a reduced charge up time...

#144 JPeiper

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 March 2022 - 02:09 PM

Tried it once , no good. Just let it shoot like everything else and stop making it a pain to use. I remember Mech 4 (1st game ) where they had a "bomblast laser " that worked in much the same way...everyone hated it and it did'nt appear again !
A mech has to give a gauss a lot of slots and wieght to run it as well as recharge time, so I guess thats why I've not seen it used that much. (and if you run rifles and get a light on you just don't bother....)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users