Fully Interactive Mechlab

65 replies to this topic

#61 Szegedin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:40 AM

The technician sitting on the Atlas' shoulder is a great touch.

#62 S3dition

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,633 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:07 AM

View Postzagibu, on 10 October 2013 - 10:29 AM, said:

Have you considered WebGL? Something like this could work great in the browser, I think.

The game engine I'm using handles it that way. I fully intend to have a web version available, as well as a number of standalone clients.

View PostSzegedin, on 10 October 2013 - 10:40 AM, said:

The technician sitting on the Atlas' shoulder is a great touch.

Thanks. I'm hoping to dress up each mech in a similar way :D. Makes sense that you would be paying them to do more than sit on their duffs.

#63 S3dition

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

Still plugging away. Nothing fancy to show but the UI, but a few of the things I'm designing are:

1) The UI for setting the mech in each gantry (the idea is that there are several gantries and you can set each one to have whatever mech you want.
2) Working on the lighting system, computer monitors, and tweaking the elevator system to use gui textures instead of meshes (switches, buttons, etc).
3) Technicians working on mechs. This won't be random, but probably unique for each mech (think the mechanic sitting on the atlas shoulder). Some ideas are coolant refillers, electronic repairs, running diagnostics.

The latest video shows me testing the gui, including a quick and dirty elevator button (yes they're going to look better).

The first mechs you'll be able to play with are the phoenix package. "What? Gasp! Boo!" Okay, so maybe it seems a bit random to do that, but consider the fact that not everyone could afford to purchase the overlord tier and/or the saber upgrade. This gives those people a way to look at the mechs without being shot by them.

I'll see about adding another video or two over the weekend.

#64 S3dition

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:12 PM

Slowly piecing together a Battlemaster. If anyone is interested in helping to project, I would greatly appreciate the cleaned up .obj files for the mechs. If you're interested, shoot me a PM. I'll walk you through exporting the models and prepping them for inclusion in another game engine.

Currently there are 100 objects to remove doubles, convert to quads, rotate, and save for every single mech chassis. :)

#65 Colby Boucher

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 285 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:25 PM

Wow. I hope PGI and IGP see this, I would love to see this become the in-game menu system.

#66 Madara Uchiha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 166 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

very impressive.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users