- - - - -

Project Phoenix Preorder

18 replies to this topic

#1 J3kyll

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:30 AM

Hi, just wondered if somebody could perhaps shed some light on a few questions I have regarding the project phoenix preorder packs.

Now as I understand it, if you preorder a pack you get a phoenix battlemech and two of the variants of the same type.

So, if I pre-ordered the overlord tier at $80 I would get four phoenix battlemechs and eight of the standard variants, so that is twelve mechs in total.

My main question is would I get additional space in my mechbay to house each of these twelve mechs aswell as the four slots I currently have occupied??
I really would not want to have to buy additional mechbay slots after spending $80 on the pack :/

Also I have a question about the phoenix battlemechs, will these be available to buy with cbills or are they the equivalent to Hero mechs like the Ilya or wang and only available with mc?

I really love this game and I missed out on the founders packages, but I think this phoenix pack would be a good way to buy into the game and get a little more out of it, whilst giving something back to the developers.
I am a freebie player at the moment because the mechs available at the moment are just way way way overpriced imo.

I think of it this way, I only ever want to buy a game once and then thats it, done, paid for, its always there. I completely understand that MWO doesnt work like that but I dont really think it is great gaming value for money at the moment.
If Hero mechs were priced around 5 quid a piece I could understand it, but at near on twenty??? for one mech??? naaaaaahhhhhh.

I believe a one time purchase for this phoenix pack would be justifiable to me because I could treat it like a single game purchase, and have a shedload of new toys to play with in the mechbay :)

Anyway, if anyone could answer the previous questions for me it would be greatly appreciated!

thanks!

#2 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:36 AM

Each mech comes with a mech bay. Its answered in the FAQ about it, you should read it first though:

http://mwomercs.com/...t-phoenix-faqs/

#3 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:40 AM

View PostJ3kyll, on 11 September 2013 - 10:30 AM, said:

Hi, just wondered if somebody could perhaps shed some light on a few questions I have regarding the project phoenix preorder packs.

Now as I understand it, if you preorder a pack you get a phoenix battlemech and two of the variants of the same type.

So, if I pre-ordered the overlord tier at $80 I would get four phoenix battlemechs and eight of the standard variants, so that is twelve mechs in total.

My main question is would I get additional space in my mechbay to house each of these twelve mechs aswell as the four slots I currently have occupied??

Nope, you get a mechbay for all of them included. Since you can't sell the Hero variants, you essentially get eight mechbays that could be used for other mechs, assuming you're willing to sell any non-hero variants.

The same thing applies to the Saber Reinforcement package.

Also I have a question about the phoenix battlemechs, will these be available to buy with cbills or are they the equivalent to Hero mechs like the Ilya or wang and only available with mc?

The Phoenix hero variants are exclusive to this package. The non-hero variants will be available at different release dates. Oct 15 the Locust and Shadowhawk are released, in december the Thunderbolt and Battlemaster are released, and IIRC, in january the Saber pack mechs are released, all for general use. You get early access to most of them if you buy the packages.

I really love this game and I missed out on the founders packages, but I think this phoenix pack would be a good way to buy into the game and get a little more out of it, whilst giving something back to the developers.
I am a freebie player at the moment because the mechs available at the moment are just way way way overpriced imo.

I think of it this way, I only ever want to buy a game once and then thats it, done, paid for, its always there. I completely understand that MWO doesnt work like that but I dont really think it is great gaming value for money at the moment.
If Hero mechs were priced around 5 quid a piece I could understand it, but at near on twenty??? for one mech??? naaaaaahhhhhh.

I believe a one time purchase for this phoenix pack would be justifiable to me because I could treat it like a single game purchase, and have a shedload of new toys to play with in the mechbay :)

Anyway, if anyone could answer the previous questions for me it would be greatly appreciated!

thanks!

I made this thread a few days ago detailing the values of the mechs and other bonuses if you do a directly MC-to-real money value.

mwomercs.com/forums/topic/134789-project-phoenix-values

Hope it helps.

#4 Johnny Marek Summers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Hi,

With Overlord you will get all 12 mechs, the Mech Bays to house them, 90 days Premium Time, and 4 faction medallions which will boost Loyalty gain in the mechs you are using it in. Oh, and the ability to get the Saber Pack.

The Pheonix mechs are like Hero Mechs in that you get the 30% C-bill boost in earnings, however they will give an additional 10% Loyaly gain for your faction. They also cannot be sold.

You will be able to buy the variant that has the same loadout as the Pheonix mech, however they will look like all other variants of their chassis, and they will not have the boosts.

#5 Pendraco

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 469 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Here is a link to phoenix preorder FAQS page. All mechs come with they're own Mech Bays.

#6 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:01 AM

A one-time purchase of a Project Pheonix pack will do a lot to set you up for the long run. Eventually you probably will want other mechs, but you won't ever need other mechs.

#7 J3kyll

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:50 PM

Thankyou for all the replies that really does clear up alot for me! Appreciated!!!!

#8 J3kyll

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:02 PM

Just one more thing... is there anywhere I can find out the possible weapon hardpoints for any of these mechs?

#9 Fred013

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 426 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the red dot on your chest.

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:09 PM

View PostJ3kyll, on 11 September 2013 - 01:02 PM, said:

Just one more thing... is there anywhere I can find out the possible weapon hardpoints for any of these mechs?

http://mwomercs.com/phoenix

Edited by Fred013, 11 September 2013 - 01:10 PM.

#10 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:10 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#

Go to the drop-down menu titled "No Mech Selected" on the left side.

Go down to "Unreleased Mechs."

There they are (also the Griffin and Wolverine).

#11 Helmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:11 PM

View PostJ3kyll, on 11 September 2013 - 01:02 PM, said:

Officially, they have not listed the exact hardpoint layouts for the 'mechs yet, except for the Phoenix variants located at the bottom here.

Cheers.

Edited by Helmer, 11 September 2013 - 01:12 PM.

#12 MnDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Location"Vallhalla" 1st Rasalhague Dragonregementë

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:24 PM

Also, the Phoenix variants of the mechs can't be purchased with MC, and will never be available for purchase with MC or cbills. Once the sale closes, that's it, no more Phoenix variants. Only the regular variants will be available.

#13 J3kyll

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:02 PM

well I took the plunge and went for the Guardian package, it was the Thunderbolt and shadowhawk that sold it for me... wow the potential!!! :)

Just a quick question for anyone else that's pre-ordered.... Is there any way of confirming that you have the phoenix package while logged into your MWO account? I got a confirmation email but I was kinda expecting some sort of countdown timer or something, just a little something to acknowledge that you have got the phoenix!

#14 Johnny Marek Summers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:32 PM

Look back on the webpage where you ordered the package while logged in. In should have your name above the chart. On the left side of the chart along the Guardian package line should have it marked as Current.

This way you can upgrade your package to Overlord if you want or get the Saber package.

#15 Alpha087

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 209 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:40 PM

No. Each mech comes with a mech bay.

None of the above. The Phoenix versions are only available from buying one of these packages before the sale ends. After that, they are unobtainable. The Standard variants will become purchasable for MC/C-Bills after. The Light Mech the first month, the Medium the second month, the Heavy the third month, ect.

If Hero mechs were priced around 5 quid a piece I could understand it, but at near on twenty??? for one mech???

Hero mechs are priced that way because they're Hero mechs. They're purely there for the special skin and bonus for those who wish to help the game by paying some. Generally, I haven't seen any of the Hero mechs actually give an advantage in combat, so buying a Standard variant with C-Bills is just as viable.

#16 BlacKcuD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 229 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationmwo-builds.net

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:11 PM

If you are still uncertain, you might wanna take a look at this: http://mwo-builds.ne...phoenix-mc/489/

#17 Euphor Kell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 186 posts
  • LocationOz (Australia)

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:09 PM

oh one other thing to note for a newish player:
Each pheonix package comes with three mechs from the same chassis, which is important, because you need at least three mechs from the same chassis to unlock elite pilot skills, so its all there, set out, waiting for you to just jump in and play, without having to wait and buy three multi-million c-bill mechs to unlock elites.

also, it gives you a head start in that you need elites unlocked for two mechs of the same weight class to unlock master, and without the saber pack, you're already half way there...

#18 Earl White

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:18 PM

Welcome to the elite wallet warriors club my friend :) (no malice intended)

#19 MavRCK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMontreal - Vancouver

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:40 PM

You can find some great analysis on the value of the Phoenix package on reddit.com/r/mwo

http://www.reddit.co...roject_phoenix/

http://www.reddit.co...e_calculations/

It really is a great value ... the Saber is a bit more debatable.. I think PGI could sweeten the Saber package a bit more! :) Like different colours or something...

Euphor Kell's point about getting master modules - elite etc is really good / important too.

Edited by MavRCK, 11 September 2013 - 11:40 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users