Ask The Devs 7!

116 replies to this topic

#61 BduSlammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Locationatlanta

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:29 AM

Q this is more vis will the missle doors open and close before and after firing . Q will you see ejected shells from AC firng . Q will you see pilots ejecting from the mechs. Q. in the cockpit will you see the pilots arms and hand move around when you press the firing button or turn on other monitors

#62 Shazear

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 28 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationRoseville, MN

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:05 AM

Would you be open to being part of a MWO Roundtable hosted by the Rawrcast show?
(We've had WoW, TOR, and WoT round tables in the past.)
Here's a link to our last WOT roundtable:
http://www.rawrcast....of-tanks-redux/

#63 pvtbryan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:07 AM

As the Founders Package goes on sale in a scant 4 days - was just hoping we could get a little more info on any and all aspects of the "Founders Mech" we'll be investing in. (besides that it has a "per-match C-Bill booster" - and to that end, exactly what that entails in itself)

Need moar info!!!

#64 SaiVanas

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:27 AM

Q: Will the early access in July, and/or the game launch later feature training-target practice servers?

Specifically, where you and 3 others can choose any map, test out mech configurations, shoot a variety of enemy mechs that stand still or travel on set routes, get accustomed to the controls and map terrain... basically a practice server to learn/practice the game. Of course, stats, XP and C-bills cannot be gained on this server.

Q: Since an integrated VOIP is not going to be a part of launch, is text chat still available? Is VOIP still considered for post launch?

#65 Xune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:54 AM

Will we get a clarification what happens with the Founder programm and EU servers before the time of public founder sale ?

#66 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:00 AM

When will you convince Paul to add the Urbanmech?

#67 Davoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 618 posts
  • LocationFending off an entire RCT of Cappellans with a lance of Atlai

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:53 PM

Does Paul Inouye prefer the Atlas?

#68 Lysimachos

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

Q: You guys plan to eventually add a construction rule set that allow us to build our own 'mechs/variants from the ground up? If so, how close to TT are you planning to go?

#69 Sleipnir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 233 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:05 PM

As this is going to be a game where reactions and timing are key, and therefore keeping latency to a minimum, am I going to be able to play with both my US and EU friends together, or will I require more than one account?

I would hate to think there's going to be a massive region split in a game which has always had such an awesome global community.

#70 Vasces Diablo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • LocationOmaha,NE

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:23 PM

I have viewed all the available game play videos and it occurs to me that I won't be able to throw money at you fast enough, therefore:

Q. Could you elaborate on what items we can pay for? Premium account, paint jobs, etc....

#71 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:32 PM

1) Will we be able to take buildings ou under a mechs feet like the initial trailer? Seems like mixed answer throughout the dev cycle.

2) Will mechs roll down hills when they get nocked down or possibly land on there head if knocked off a cliff?

3) While everyone is concerned and should be about DFA, what about charging?

4) Do mechs have the potential especially heavier mechs if they turn to fast while running, like in citytech rules?

#72 vettie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:49 PM

I guess I too have a question that I dont think I have seen asked, so here goes, the NAME of the Game is Mech Warrior Online, correct?
Will there be files to download? O r will everything be safely nestled away in one of your servers while I take a short break and sleep a little?

EDIT: This ^ was answered by Russ with his recent update to the Founders Pack. 4 Gigs HDD space required. Thanx for the info guys!!

One other question, have you ever tried grits?

Edited by vettie, 16 June 2012 - 09:26 AM.

#73 Icedpyre

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 3
  • Warrior - Point 3
  • 397 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:57 PM

The founder's packs come out next week, and there's still a lot of information up in the air it seems.

I won't list all the questions, as I feel that horse has been beaten to death(proverbially speaking). The one burning question I have is, WHERE do I buy the pack? Maybe I'm stupid and it was mentioned. Maybe not.

Do we buy it from EBgames, do we buy them direct from MWOmercs.com? Do we go to Amazon? What's the dealio?

#74 Sstrikes

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:42 PM

Q. When the game goes live will you reset everyone back to zero?

#75 Black Sunder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:25 PM

Garth are you Red or Blue?

#76 DeathStalker13

• PipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 76 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:56 PM

I love to pilot light mechs, but I would like to do more for my team than just recon. Will there be sweet spots on some of the larger mechs where a light can angle behind or above to do some serious damage? If I destroy their gyros will that cripple the enemy mech?

#77 Colddawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 317 posts
  • LocationYork, Pennsylvania

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:36 PM

How will you handle all the different types of ammunition mentioned throughout the TROs? Specifically will we need NARC tracking ammunition for our LRMs/SRMs to track NARC beacons?

#78 rastaman1983

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:47 PM

YOU NOW I understand BETA test on coming to an end. But I would, very much like pouchavstvovat in the development of this game is NOT COULD YOU ACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT
My name is Alex I am from the Ukraine city of Dnipropetrovsk
E-Mail crazyolen@inbox.ru

#79 Watchit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:35 PM

I can haz Unseen mechz now plz?

#80 kelmar6821

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 72 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:10 PM

Would it be possible to get some details about the founders mechs? If i can put PPC's on my Founder's Catapult, then i'll definitely go with that, but if I can't i'll probably just settle for an atlas. It would be nice to know before purchasing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users