Ask The Devs 7!

116 replies to this topic

#81 ZOMBIEKILLER

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:28 PM

i was told on june 16 we can pre order the game but i do not see any options on pre ordering it did they change the date

#82 Veliah Truard

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 156 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:13 PM

HI! How's things?

Also: Powered Armor / Battle Armor / Elementals - Yes or No?

#83 Kobura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 477 posts
  • LocationDeep Frozen South

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:39 AM

Here's a wide variety of non-gameplay-related questions that I'm sure are on many minds, even if on the backburner when compared to accurately imagining the experience of big stompy battlemechs:

______
What sort of features are planned to be f2p, and what type of things will be available to those who enthusiastically chuck money at every sort of FASA-sponsored Battletech development? I fully intend to sponsor, and probably just DONATE over and above if allowed (please have a donation jar, I will make it heavy beyond ability to lift), but I'd like the sort of "here's what everyone gets, and here's what's worth money" lines defined.

Good(?) ideas for pay-only:

Ability to customize paint (ability to preserve, if not implement, paint schemes if dropped from membership/inactive).

A few different mechs, the ability to use should NOT be considered a significant gameplay advantage.

Extra mech bay slots (arguably too advantageous)

Ability to shoot solid-slug ammunition from the LB-X AC 10 (kidding kidding KIDDING PLEASE LET EVERYONE DO THIS D: ...)
______

Will the game be more client-based, or more server-based? (Has to do with ease of cheat detection, burden being on either systems or connections, etc)
______

Will there be ability for the unwashed (MacOS users/Linux fanatics not on WINE) to play? (more kidding, I'm sure they bathe)
______

Pay-purchase with subscription ala EVE/World of Warcraft? Pay-subscription with free client ala Runescape? Pay-purchase upfront, with continuing Paid benefits in a sort of Guild Wars-style economic model? Generally, how will paid subscription be handled, and if it's known, approximately how much will these services cost once and/or recurring?
______

What inputs will be configurable? (related: any news on Razr's Artemis? Looks nummy :q)
______

When can I finally throw money at you? I wanna pre-order...

#84 Chillybill

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 389 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:35 AM

Question: I signed up and ran the system scan to allow my system information to be stored for use by the devs and have since found that my processor does not meet the minumum specs for the game, although it would probably run the game! I do have another computer that is more than the minumum system requirements is their anyway to store the new system information so that I have a better chance at Beta? Or does it even matter?

Thanks guys and keep up the good work bringing back MW

#85 Birddog FAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 248 posts
  • LocationState College PA USA

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:57 AM

I am very confused on one topicin the mech lab the question is simply about crit slot allotment. I understand that the critcals in any given part of the mech are based on the weapons placed in that variant. but are the crit slots limited to the sized of the original weapon or simply to type so for example the centurion carrys an AC10 in the right arm so only balistic is available i understand that part what i want to know is since the AC10 is in that location does that mean only 7 balistic slots will be available in that section or all crits are available for that section so i could be replaced by lets say and AC20?

#86 gregsolidus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:56 PM

How far will the draw distance be for those with stronger computers?

Has there been any consideration to add NPC vehicles such as tanks and VTOLs to the game at a alter time?

At what regularity will we see new Battlemechs added to the game and what factors will determine there selection?

#87 Blackfire1

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,462 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:25 PM

What sort of in game money sinks will there be besides repairs? Will we see ways to keep the economy in line such as research, base defences, ect? Also will repair and refitting mechs be instant? If so what keeps a mech units fighting in a campaign from switching their load-out every time they encounter the same enemy units?

#88 Sundiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 240 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:01 PM

In the recent Dev update it is mentioned that Founder's Packs will be available for a limited time. Is this a numbers limit or a time limit? If so can any more light be shed on it? I was hoping to get one around July 1'st. Like many I'm on a fixed income.
Is TrackIR currently supported? If not are there plans to support it?

#89 Dirk Le Daring

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:39 PM

Is Dark Matter, light that has run out of energy. ?

#90 Jordan Kell

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 54 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSeattle, Wa.

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:01 PM

Posted ImageChillybill, on 16 June 2012 - 07:35 AM, said:

Question: I signed up and ran the system scan to allow my system information to be stored for use by the devs and have since found that my processor does not meet the minumum specs for the game, although it would probably run the game! I do have another computer that is more than the minumum system requirements is their anyway to store the new system information so that I have a better chance at Beta? Or does it even matter?

Thanks guys and keep up the good work bringing back MW

I like Chilly signed up with a system that lacked the required OOMF. I bought a new system that is up to snuff with your recomendations. So is there a way to resend and ammend my system info for beta consideration?

#91 Ninja Chef

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 76 posts
  • LocationNowhere and Everywhere

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:51 PM

How will the meta-game be handled, as in how do you (the developers) plan on creating a system to reign in on factions if need be or to bolster other factions if need be? Note: Saying that Paul will kill any factions using only "pink thunder" mechs is not an acceptable answer to the question.

EDIT: Are you planning on implementing a system that holds or controls "cannon factions", such as the Wolf's Dragoons; and if so, how will the system work?

;)

Edited by Ninja Chef, 16 June 2012 - 09:55 PM.

#92 Vashts1985

• 1,115 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:02 AM

in the latest dev update: http://mwomercs.com/...veloper-update/ you have made it clear that you are aiming for a DX9 powered game. i am perplexed and frankly, saddened by this considering what this game is and the technology available to it.

considering this game is PC exclusive, and that the CryEngine 3 offers DX11 support, will there be any chance we will see DX11 support for those of us that can make use of it?

#93 Xelrah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:44 AM

1. How will base capture be prevented (other than not letting other team into your base :) )? Will you be able to slow it down for example by shooting at mech that is capturing it?
2. Which mech/configuration and playstyle annoys Paul the most (aka he have problems dealing with them)?

#94 Barbaric Soul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:48 AM

Now that system specs have been released, I have to ask. Do you have any information you can give about how MW:O runs on computers with SLI/crossfireX gpu configs?

#95 Firelizard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 607 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:47 AM

Adding to the questions of if Solaris will be present for random carnage: If it is present, will you guys get Duncan Fisher's (MW4) voice actor to call the play-by-play?

#96 Drgnman

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:35 AM

Is there any way to update my computer profile for the Beta, I would like to have every chance I can get to partake in the Beta?

I was not able to get the profiler to work on my gaming PC because of anti-virus protection so I tried it at work... it worked so now the profile thats attached to my Beta Application is wrong.

My true specs are much much better than my office PC, my true specs are:

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
System RAM: 8191 MB
CPU Name: Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5800 @ 3.20GHz
CPU Speeds: 3192
Physical CPUs: 1
Virtual CPUs: 2
Video Card Description: ATI Radeon HD 5450
VRAM: 512 MB
Primary Display Resolution: 1280x1024
Multi-Monitor Desktop Resolution: 1280x1024
Microphone: True
Language: English (United States)
Free Hard Drive Space: 736642 MB
Total Hard Drive Space: 928092 MB
Windows Experience Index Rating: 4.1

Even just a "sorry to bad for you" from the Devs would be nice.

Thank you
Drgnman

Edited by Drgnman, 17 June 2012 - 10:36 AM.

#97 whiskey tango foxtrot

• Survivor
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationWith the Wolfs

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:54 PM

The proper way to cook french fries is to use russett potatos,peeled, cut and soaked over night in a salt and water solution then fryed at 350 until just firm on the outside.

remove from the heat , let cool ,then fry again at 400 until golden brown

crispy on the outside , tender on the inside.

mix equal parts ketsup and mayonaise and dip.

do you agree ???

#98 Insidious Johnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,417 posts
  • Location"This is Johnson, I'm cored"

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:57 PM

Q. Been pestering about this since last November, but WHEN is the online store coming out? Swag needs to be 10 feet deep in back logged logistics by now, not still vapor! There needs to be a new mechwarrior online table top version using the new mech models before launch. Start feeding people more than images and video. MWO key chains, T-Shirts, Hats, with customizable options for all registered canon and non canon groups. Swag, swag, and more swag! Great job on the artemis, but it is a post launch after thought, given the timing.

Q. Will we be seeing npc cutscenes or HPG news updates as in game story movers for the timeline? Will they be in engine generated with precanned text "speech", voiced, or prerecorded live acted feeds? Will any of it be player generated?

Q. A few "challenge the devs" threads have popped up in the forums. How accessible will you guys be to bragging rights team matches or more accurately, what timeframe from now?

#99 BFett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • LocationA galaxy far far away...

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:07 PM

1: How will the mech salvage system work?

2: What will affect the prices of weapons and mechs, and how much will the prices vary per faction?

#100 Shandiir

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:09 PM

I have a question.

If I start in a Merc in a Company, with friends who play all new games for 3 months then leave, then find myself alone can I sawp to a House or do I have to start all over from scratch?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users