#1 tib3r

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 103 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:39 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ccac8056849957e

I figured I could nail speed and firepower with this little guy.

I debated using the UAC5, but if I ran out of ammo I would be stuck with small lasers.

Any thoughts/advice would be awesome :)

#2 tib3r

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 103 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...42ee692cdd832a3 or this.

#3 Tilley

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationTN

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:16 PM

The main issue with putting AC/5's or UAC/5's on a Blackjack is that you have to be really careful how you expose yourself for the 4 or 5 seconds worth of shooting you will do. I prefer the single AC/20 or Gauss to be able to duck to cover until the enemy gets within brawling range. Then you can use that speed to out maneuver your opponent. It's difficult, but not impossible to use evasive tactics while holding down the AC/5 button...just an opinion.

#4 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:20 PM

Your have more heatsinks than are needed. I would drop one for more ammo. Also don't discount quad small lasers. I run my DC with 2x AC5 + 4x Slas with the default engine. It isn't fast but it is a nice little zombie ballistic. If you have a 195-200XL you could use that with quad mlas.

Edited by Spheroid, 14 September 2013 - 08:37 PM.

#5 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:25 AM

This is my dual UAC5 build. To modify it for a BJ-1DC you'd replace the single jumpjet with more leg armour. It's quite effective though I like my dual AC5 build as well (and I think when the UAC5 gets its upcoming nerf the AC5 build will be the better option).

#6 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:32 AM

View PostTilley, on 14 September 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

The main issue with putting AC/5's or UAC/5's on a Blackjack is that you have to be really careful how you expose yourself for the 4 or 5 seconds worth of shooting you will do. I prefer the single AC/20 or Gauss to be able to duck to cover until the enemy gets within brawling range. Then you can use that speed to out maneuver your opponent. It's difficult, but not impossible to use evasive tactics while holding down the AC/5 button...just an opinion.

This, iv got a BJ-1 that has a stock engine in it (so doess like, 70kph with speed tweak) but I do extremely well with it because its able to jump over cover/friendlies/buildings and pop off shots that do tremendous damage to a single location (in my case a ac20 and 2ML) though im of the oppenion that jump jets are a MUST for a slow blackjack.

----

Course right now im playing around with Kintaro mechs for some masochistic reason or other.

#7 tib3r

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 103 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

I actually ended up sticking with more of a stock build and upgrading the engine to a 225 reg. I am using basically the same weapons minus two MLAS which I replaced with SLAS. Its working fine, I have a thing for the speed and all. I have gotten rather good and sneaking up from behind with the AC2 and having a field day.

#8 tib3r

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 103 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:45 PM

View Posttib3r, on 14 September 2013 - 06:22 PM, said:

What do you guys think of this one though? When I get a variant so i can start unlocking the perks and like, would this be all that bad of a build?

#9 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

You will need to get too close to the enemy (SLs), and expose yourself too often (UAC5) to their fire, in that build. Plus, when your UAC5 jams, you'll be left with not much of anything to shoot with.

In slow BJs (which is anything other than a 1X) you need Jump Jets and bigger damage weapons to enable you to strike and then get back into cover... AC20, AC10, PPC, and Gauss. Add MLs for backup as they too do damage at medium distance.

Here are a few:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d3e90d048535d3a

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...2de224c0f0c50b8

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...8dbd5bf6b74869a

The third one is good for gaining XP quickly (because you can hit every enemy on the team at extreme range), but it won't do much overall damage or help your team win.

I have Mastered three BJs, but I only ever use the 1X in matches, because the others are just too slow to evade enemy fire.

Edited by Appogee, 15 September 2013 - 02:01 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users