#22 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:52 AM

View PostAsulde, on 18 September 2013 - 05:43 AM, said:

I prefer laser then balistic and on end missels -_- PPC and gauss rifle are not for snipers??

ER PPC's are, standard PPC's are more mid range dps IMO.

Do you only have that standard 300 engine to work with?

There is some leftover tonnage here that you can use if you have a different engine, but 4 LL's always gets the job done.
ON1-K

Edited by Roughneck45, 18 September 2013 - 05:53 AM.

#23 Asulde

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:57 AM

This will be me 1 mech, im colecting money for him -_- Ehh this was me last post for today ;/ How i can get more posts??

Edited by Asulde, 18 September 2013 - 06:00 AM.

#24 NaZotH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 120 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:07 AM

Hi,
After the first 25 matches you can posts more per day.

http://mwomercs.com/...35289-recruits/

#25 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:15 AM

View PostAsulde, on 18 September 2013 - 05:29 AM, said:

Sry for post after post i can't edit it:( I created one build :

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b11e925f4172690

What do you think about it??

I like this better as a mid-range build with some punch: ON1-K.

UAC5 frees up some weight and adds some long range reach. Removing artemis allows for a second SRM6 and ammo easily. the MPL becomes 2 MLs, and you throw in an extra HS and armor up the CT a bit.

I've been told you can throw an XL in there though. If you do that...
ON1-K
Almost 15 extra KPH, half a ton more armor, and another heat sink.

#26 Pastor Priest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:27 AM

I like the idea of a K with the standard 300, two large lasers, an AC 10, and a pair of streak SRMs.With max armor and one additional double heatsink, and using Endo-steel, you should have abut 1.5 tons free. Add BAP, AMS, or adjust armor for more heatsinks. When you get the funds, you could pick up an XL300 or 325. That will save weight and/or help your speed. With that, you can swap to PPCs and add medium lasers, or just add medium lasers and swap to a gauss. Maybe you can squeeze in four large lasers, but that will likely be hot. You will want to stay behind the frontline, about 300-500m out from the main brawl. Us cover to take the focus off of you or buy time to cool down. The streaks and lasers will help deter light pilots.

#27 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:47 AM

Centurion is the best mech out there, pound for pound, so probably start with that one. If you want to pilot Heavies, Jagers or Phracts are the ones that are most survivable, although Quickdraws are pretty good, too, especially if you're a fan of lasers.

#28 Enigmos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:55 AM

In that initial build you carried only two tons ammo for your AC20, which is fourteen rounds. At range your large laser will be effective as long as your target is not farther than max range. Your AC20 can actually do fairly good damage out beyond its maximum but not the Large Laser which essentially just stops at its max range. You will run out of ammo for your AC20 in a fairly short amount of time. The large laser then becomes your main weapon and it hits for 9 damage every four seconds at most. You carried a ton (100) of missiles for your SRM6 which would therefore be able to fire a full salvo of six sixteen times, again not enough for an extended match that you manage to survive very long. My recommendation would be to make the large laser another medium pulse and add a ton of SRM and two more tons of AC20 ammo. Then reduce your back torso and rear side armor to no higher than 16 with all the rest of your armor on the front. If your weight will not allow full armor you could reduce your engine a bit to gain the tonnage.

#29 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:38 AM

What people are trying to say is, there are many good builds for the Orion. I recommend that you start with the stock Orion ON1-K, upgrade it with Double Heatsinks (much less overheating) and Endo Steel structure (saved weight for weapons), and go from there by adding/upgrading weapons. My favourite so far is AC10+2xPPC+2xML, but that is an expensive one with an XL engine. AC10+4xML+LRM15 would be a much cheaper start based on the stock loadout (still over 9 million Cbills to finish).

Edited by Modo44, 18 September 2013 - 09:47 AM.

#30 luigi256

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:51 AM

Created this build for you based on your preferences.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f99d3348869fdb8

I think the orion should have a ballistic weapon but if you do not want to have one something like this may be good for you.

Edit: for some reason link does not work and i did not save it myself.

Basically it was 2 med laser, 2 large laser, one LRM 20 with 3 tons lrm ammo, 6 double heatsinks,
and an AMS with one ton of ammo

Edited by luigi256, 18 September 2013 - 09:56 AM.

#31 King Arthur IV

• Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:30 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...tion-guide-f8l/
f8l has a simple guild and short descriptions of the current mechs.
hopefully there is enough info there for you to make a informed decision.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users