No replies to this topic

#1 Haakon Magnusson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 636 posts
  • LocationI have no idea, they keep resetting CW map

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:52 AM

Command console has been lacking a function for a long time, which partly represents the dual cockpit as found in training fighter craft as well as a commanders cockpit in a frontline mech.

Why not implement it as a training tool for MWO, when bringing in new players nothing is more valuable than being able to sit behind your friend and give helpful pointers. When unable to do this in RL, you could do it over voice comms and with command console enabling you to hitch a ride in your friends mech equipped with it.
You team up in UI2.0 with your trainee friend with a command console and you can help a newbie learn the ropes. Perfect and IC.
(I'd imagine video makers and somebody hunting for screenshots would love this as well)

And a further expansion to this could be of course to use it for co-chairing a mech to coordinate battle, as btech fluff indicates.

Just that this (http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/136128-took-a-new-player-out-last-night/page__pid__2755815#entry2755815) got me thinking how excellent it would be for training function, just to be able to view your trainees progress. In first implementation you wouldn't really need anything else than being able to observe, I'd imagine only hurdle here would be to enable the UI to setup a team like this.

And why even use command console for the trainining functionality? Well you wouldn't want every mech being able to run with two pilots out of the box, so give it a tradeoff.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users