Creative Director

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,106 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:54 AM

State of the Inner Sphere

It’s been just over two years since we entered pre-production on MechWarrior Online in summer of 2011. We unveiled our plans on Halloween 2011 and then spent another year in development before releasing our first open beta version on October 29th, 2012. Since then we have patched the game over 29 times, and have registered over 1.3 million players, and we continue to see amazing growth and engagement from our community!

Since Open Beta launched, we have added 100s of new features: including visual customization, ELO match making, 13 new `Mechs, 4 maps (soon to be 5), tutorials, testing grounds, new modules and consumables, improvements to the UI and HUD, additions to the end of round summary screens, new user stats, controls options, new team play options and coordination in the form of lance and company commands, the massive 12 v 12 feature, 3PV, new `Mech movement on slopes, `Mech quirks, and much more. Not to mention tuning, bug fixes, and performance enhancements, which have significantly improved the quality of the game during our open beta phase.

With launch officially here, players can expect MechWarrior to continue to storm ahead with regular semi-monthly patches for the foreseeable future. We have a full slate of expansion features coming out during the next year, which include our new entire re-envisioned user interface, private matches, level and rank system, the ability for players to join and create custom mercenary units, new game modes, Clan technology, and the epic battle to control the Inner Sphere. All of this in addition to our regular monthly content updates and events. Expect us to continue delivering new maps throughout the next year, with some exciting new concepts like Island Metropolis out in October, and Moon Base due out in December.

We have captured the essence of what it means to be a MechWarrior pilot and we look forward to expanding the MWO universe with exciting new content for many years to come!

Operation 24

Celebrate Launch and the fielding of 24 `Mechs on the battlefield with Operation 24! Play any 24 games (win, lose or draw) between September 17th and October 1st (10am PDT) to receive a cool in-game “Operation 24” hanging cockpit item automatically.

Launch Event

On Thursday Sept 26th, Infinite Game Publishing and Piranha Games will host the official MechWarrior Online North American Launch Event and Tournament at The Mezzanine in San Francisco. Registrations to compete in the North American Launch Event Tournament are closed, but you can tune-in to watch the invitational tournament and festivities live at www.twitch.tv/mechwarrior from 2 p.m. Details can be found at http://mwomercs.com/events.

Edited by Bryan Ekman, 17 September 2013 - 02:14 PM.

#2 Jin Ma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

Yay :rolleyes:

#3 ceeon

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 26 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:22 AM

hmm looking forward ...

#4 ICEFANG13

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:22 AM

What an amazing launch!

/sarcasm.

#5 Gwaihir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:23 AM

Oh lawd.

It's Happening.gif

#6 Wales Grey

Dark Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 861 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Frigid North

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:24 AM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 17 September 2013 - 08:54 AM, said:

State of the Inner Sphere

Hi, this is the most anemic launch possible, the day after GTA5 launched.

edit: I like the "Free shiney if you play 24 matches, please come play so we have some kind of statistics to show IGP that we're not losing money/community interest and we can claim we have an active community."

Edited by Wales Grey, 17 September 2013 - 09:27 AM.

#7 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Congrats!

#8 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

mech qwirks

#9 RazorBlade79

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 5 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:25 AM

Congratulations.

BTW, it's http://www.twitch.tv/mechwarrior not .com

Edited by RazorBlade79, 17 September 2013 - 09:25 AM.

#10 Autobot9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • LocationGermany

The patch is a disappointment - as expected.

#11 Effectz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 349 posts
  • LocationDublin

This gonna be good.

Posted Image

#12 Scav3ng3r

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationFree Worlds League

Launch Event

On Thursday Sept 26th, Infinite Game Publishing and Piranha Games will host the official MechWarrior Online North American Launch Event and Tournament at The Mezzanine in San Francisco. Registrations to compete in the North American Launch Event Tournament are closed, but you can tune-in to watch the invitational tournament and festivities live at <a href="http://www.twitch.com/mechwarrior" target="_blank">www.twitch.com/mechwarrior</a> from 2 p.m. Details can be found at <a href="http://mwomercs.com/events">mwomercs.com/events</a>.

So are we actually going to find out who we are teamed up with BEFORE the event so we can get in some practice like you guys wanted, or are we just going to end up forming our own teams once we arrive for the event?

#13 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Demented and sad, but social.

#14 Thrashgor

• PipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:26 AM

....We have a full slate of expansion features coming out during the next year, which include our new entire re-envisioned user interface,...

UI 2.0 in 2014 - is that correct?!

Edited by Thrashgor, 17 September 2013 - 09:27 AM.

#15 Derk Talon

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Locationthe Netherlands

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:27 AM

Thank you for all your hard work PGI. Keep it up and stay the course.
Happy Launch day!

Good hunt gentlemen, ladies.

#16 Banditman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted Image

:rolleyes:

Hi there.

Edited by Banditman, 17 September 2013 - 09:29 AM.

#17 Stonewall211

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 10 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

i for one am i happy about all this and am looking forward to all that is happening!

#18 Wales Grey

Dark Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 861 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Frigid North

View PostScav3ng3r, on 17 September 2013 - 09:25 AM, said:

So are we actually going to find out who we are teamed up with BEFORE the event so we can get in some practice like you guys wanted, or are we just going to end up forming our own teams once we arrive for the event?

Teamwork is OP. By working together, you violate the spirit of the game by not playing it the way it was meant to be played.

#19 PharmEcis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 148 posts
  • LocationSilver Spring, MD

This is a great place for me to expound on my sentiments. I'm totally NOT blown away by this launch. I'm a legendary founder. I've dropped $800 into this game with various MC purchases, buying founders, buying phoneix, buying saber. I play as much time as I can afford to because I LOVE this IP.

However I'm truly disappointed with this launch and I'm disappointed at PGI's ability to listen to it's core audience. I am the type of player that will make this game successful in the long run because I have disposable income and money is worth less to me than time. No private match maker, no CW, not even anything to truly tickle our fancy at the legitimate launch. Sigh, at this point I really believe launch happened 1 year ago when PGI started taking cold hard cash from us.

It is my sincerest wish that PGI can make good but I'll be honest, I've gone from a staunch supporter to a huge doubter of late. It's on you PGI, make OUR dreams come true.

#20 Dr B00t

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 496 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:28 AM

i assume to those going to the launch funeral, that wearing black is expected?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users